Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rubber Duckie IOY Tour Announcement

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    A forum is an open platform and that is why user names and aviators are used.
    We don't put our forum pals at risk by posting personal images that can put that persons family at risk through it not being a closed platform.
    Your family is less at risk than Saints fans are leaving Warrington on a coach

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

I'm asking you as it goes against the spirit of the forum and puts my family as risk.
    I ask you again publicly to please take down images that put my family through other media platforms that you obtained the image at risk. I didnt give you permission to use the image.
    Perhaps you should leave this forum - wouldn't be an issue for you then would it?
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Wearing a pair of sunglasses isn’t gonna make you anonymous.....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Your family is less at risk than Saints fans are leaving Warrington on a coach

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Or Catalans fans in corporate boxes.

Won’t somebody think of the children!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

If his 'family is at risk' it's his own fault. Just because it's the internet doesn't mean you can do whatever you want.

I think it's more to do with him looking like a clown than his family. The aura of the mighty duck is lost when you see him in a Christmas jumper with a banjo

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Sorry got to agree with the duck.

Although I'd have just reported it to a mod.

But why on earth are we posting photos? It's a known alt right and extreme left tactic for them to post personal details of people they don't like in the hope that supporters will then harass said individual.

Although rubber duck I would also suggest you question how your personal details have been linked to your pseudonym?

If you have done the link yourself on other platforms then you need to rethink your own privacy filter.

If the photos are published publicly then you have pushed the door open. I can't imagine anyone else will have uploaded your photo.

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post

But why on earth are we posting photos? It's a known alt right and extreme left tactic for them to post personal details of people they don't like in the hope that supporters will then harass said individual.

Although rubber duck I would also suggest you question how your personal details have been linked to your pseudonym?

If you have done the link yourself on other platforms then you need to rethink your own privacy filter.

If the photos are published publicly then you have pushed the door open. I can't imagine anyone else will have uploaded your photo.

He was bragging on an open RL facebook page that came up on my suggested likes, about what he'd posted on the wigan board.

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    He was bragging on an open RL facebook page that came up on my suggested likes, about what he'd posted on the wigan board.
    Nobody is saying he isn't an absolute bell. But it is a fundamental principle of forums like this one that posters' identities are protected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    Nobody is saying he isn't an absolute bell. But it is a fundamental principle of forums like this one that posters' identities are protected.

Maybe he'll rethink being a bell in future then.

It's only a bit of banter, that's what he's here for isn't it?

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post

I sort of agree with this, but...
    To rubber duckie, What did you expect? You set yourself up as a troll, coming on here looking for bites. Well it looks like you got one...On the arse!

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I agree, any disclosure of details or photos should only ever come direct from that person, it's not for anyone else to disclose imo

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

F'raid I agree with Duckie here, not that his family are in any danger, but that the photo shouldn't be posted.
    On a banter point of view. He may get a TV appearance and mentions in dispatches when he meets the people who send him death threats. Oh no that's Warrington fans isn't it?
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

I don’t care, I’m just gonna post a pic of him, his whole family, his neighbors and the lot......

Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

I think it's a funny picture and RD is a cock but it's a bit snide lifting someones picture from elsewhere. Still, if he wasn't here winding folk up then it wouldn't be an issue.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Well, it’s a been a season to forget for Duckie, how embarrassing.
    I don’t class what he’s done as banter at all, just trolling and I have no sympathy.

He obviously feels he’s gone too far himself if he’s saying his ‘family are in danger’ - which I just cannot see.

Quack quack.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

I'll just add I doubt any saints fan is daft enough to try to harm him or his loved ones and the fact he has linked his real identity to his pseudonym is his responsibility.

But I agree we should not make it easier for the wire fans who are potentially violent to identify him, even if he is the originator of the photos.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    You know what, I'd back the Duck on this one. It's funny to mock him after his steadfast insisting that Warrington are just too powerful to ever lose a game again, but posting pictures of him isn't a good idea. I know I used to get a lot of genuinely angry people venting their spleens at me in PMs back in the day and begging for my address and if anyone had posted a picture of me back in the day I'd likely have been beaten up at least, and that's just by Saints fans. There are some genuine weirdos out there who might take this too far.
    No one is getting ‘beaten up’.. Dear me. What it might do is show keyboard warriors that your not faceless on the internet. It’s clearly a joke and the deluded Dire fan can’t take it. My advice would be stay around your own fans if you don’t like it.

Got A Season Ticket

We don't put our forum pals at risk by posting personal images that can put that persons family at risk through it not being a closed platform.
    Don't worry, this St.Helens not that one horsed town Warrington. By the way its an avatar not an aviator.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

What a melt this guy is. What do you expect if your going to go on another clubs forum and constantly antagonise them? Pick your dummy up on the way out

Having read this thread last night, I thought about having duck for dinner tonight. Should I report myself to the police?

Banned

Removed - someone got the joke in before me

He knew I had that photo, it wasn't out the blue.

We had a chat mid season, he decided to stay for the banter. Obviously not that concerned about his family safety then.

It's only a joke, it's not his address or his families address but if he's that worried about their safety maybe he should take a look at his behaviour.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

We had a chat mid season, he decided to stay for the banter. Obviously not that concerned about his family safety then.

It's only a joke, it's not his address or his families address but if he's that worried about their safety maybe he should take a look at his behaviour.
    Not looked but have all the others shut up ?????.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Not looked but have all the others shut up ?????.
    No idea, I don't mind him being here to be honest but just don't be a bell end of your a guest here.

I didn't go looking for him or anything like that just stumbled across it and realized it was him.

Like I've said, it was just a bit of banter. If he's worried about his family then that's on him. He knew I had it.

Banned

Fair enough if he's posted it elsewhere. I'm not sure how his family would be in danger anyway unless they're all a bunch of gobby idiots that walk around with banjo's and shit jumpers.