Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wire, oh dear.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    Spot on Dennis, you either peak for the Challenge Cup Or you peak for the Grand Final.
    Job done for the Wires.
    Dennis who ????.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    Spot on Dennis, you either peak for the Challenge Cup Or you peak for the Grand Final.
    Job done for the Wires.

I would have agreed with you under the old winter format.

The Challenge Cup Final was usually the highlight of the season. If you won it you had a great day out, then celebrated again welcoming the team home a few days later.
    The "buzz" from it lasted throughout the summer and you looked forward to the next season.

In this summer era winning it in August (July next year) is still a great day out and again you can welcome the team home but it falls a bit flat when the wheels fall off for the rest of the season and you finish just above mid table.

I think the low attendance in your play off game last week is a reflection of that.

Banned

65 years since the champions flag flew over Warrington RLFC. Sadly they will always be considered a small club until they at least return a couple of Championships. I must say 5000 fans on Thursday was a kick in the teeth for Moran.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I don't think the "normal" wire fan would be too happy with the way their season panned out, yes they won the CC Final but that looks more like a fluke with the playing of an ineligible player in the semi final and that ref controversy in the final. As mentioned in the above post concerning their atrocious attendance in the knock out game, it seems to prove that their fickle fans have put "the cue on the rack" for their ongoing 60+ year wait to be league champions.

You could probably count on one hand the no of good games they have played this season, for Saints its reciprocated in that you could count on one hand the no of bad games played this season.

Next season should be interesting for them, they will have "crumble biscuit Widdop" and "Chocolate Flake Austin" and I don't think those two will last the distance and they just don't have the squad with a lot of depth.
    Last edited by STIDDY; 22nd September 2019 at 16:27.