Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Player report card.

Noooobie

Default Player report card.

Now it's the end of the regular season I thought it would be nice to grade the players this year, obviously they will all be scoring high, but it might shine a light on some unsung heroes and give them the recognition they deserve.

Coote 9/10
    Makinson 10/10
    Grace 8/10
    Percy 8/10
    Naquiama 8/10
    Lomax 10/10 (The three matches we lost in the regular season, this guy didn't play)
    Fages 8/10
    Knowles 9/10
    Taia 8/10
    Peyroux 8/10
    Thompson 9/10
    Roby 10/10
    Walmsley 8/10

Amor 7/10 (so wanted to give him an 8 but his form early season wasn't great)
    Paulo 7/10 (He does a job, just not sure where he fits into this team)
    LMS 8/10
    Lees 9/10 (You don't know what you had until it ruptures it's intestines, missing him in this team)
    Ashworth 7/10 (Although I've rated him low I think this lad has really stepped it up this year)
    Bently 8/10 (What a signing, talk about Mr utility)
    Batchelor 6/10 (Only played I think 4 times so hard to rate)
    Welsby 7/10 (Once he gets the high ball sorted and finds his voice, this kid will be class)
    Richardson 7/10 (Started to find some form but was still to inconsistent for me and some poor last play options/kicks at times)
    Swift 7/10 (Really started to hit his stride early season then got an injury himself and could never get back in)
    Costello 7/10 (Great reserve)
    Smith 7/10 (I would've liked to see him do a bit more running, but injury and Bentley kept him out the team)

Didn't see these play so I can't rate them.

Eaves
    Hazzard
    Simm
    Cooper
    Dodd

Douglas N/A

Well I'm sure I'll be wrong about all these ratings when you guys start posting but I thought I'd do it anyways.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

For me majority have been 8/9 out of 10.

Disappointments for me this year have been Paulo and Ashworth.
    Thought Ashworth would have built on some impressive performances last year but he hasn’t, still not writing him off though and still confident he can become a great forward for us.

Most improved for me is Grace he’s been superb, he should be on the GB plane.

Learning All The Songs

Dont have any issue with the vast majority of them, they seem about right, but how have you given Paulo a 7, hes been nothing more than bang average, hes been a 5 at best this season. I do think it is difficult to judge people like Batchelor based on the small number of games he has played, most of them being played when we have rotated heavily so i guess you have defaulted to a 6 rather than say to small a sample to grade.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Murphyslad22 View Post
    Now it's the end of the regular season I thought it would be nice to grade the players this year, obviously they will all be scoring high, but it might shine a light on some unsung heroes and give them the recognition they deserve.

Coote 9/10
    Makinson 10/10
    Grace 8/10
    Percy 8/10
    Naquiama 8/10
    Lomax 10/10 (The three matches we lost in the regular season, this guy didn't play)
    Fages 8/10
    Knowles 9/10
    Taia 8/10
    Peyroux 8/10
    Thompson 9/10
    Roby 10/10
    Walmsley 8/10

LMS 8/10
    Lees 9/10 (You don't know what you had until it ruptures it's intestines, missing him in this team)
    Ashworth 7/10 (Although I've rated him low I think this lad has really stepped it up this year)
    Welsby 7/10 (Once he gets the high ball sorted and finds his voice, this kid will be class)
    Richardson 7/10 (Started to find some form but was still to inconsistent for me and some poor last play options/kicks at times)
    Swift 7/10 (Really started to hit his stride early season then got an injury himself and could never get back in)
    Smith 7/10 (I would've liked to see him do a bit more running, but injury and Bentley kept him out the team)

Eaves
    Hazzard
    Simm
    Cooper
    Dodd

Douglas N/A

Well I'm sure I'll be wrong about all these ratings when you guys start posting but I thought I'd do it anyways.
    From your starting 13, I would probably put Percy, Naquiama, Peyroux and Taia at 7

Banned

They all should get a mark or two knocked off for being so crap and bottling it at Wembley

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    They all should get a mark or two knocked off for being so crap and bottling it at Wembley
    I did think of that but wanted to base this on just the regular season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

For me only Makinson deserves a 10 out of 10, I would drop Roby and Lomax down a point. We are coming to the other side of the curve now with Roby where he is starting to struggle now and isn’t as effective.

My other concern now is can Lomax produce a great performance in a really big game, looking back at some of our knock out games he hasn’t achieved his potential yet at the very top level when it matters.

Not bad when your disappointing players still get 7/10
    I bought a pack of luminous condoms last week. The wife's face lit up.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_h View Post
    Not bad when your disappointing players still get 7/10

Which proves to me that despite claims the standard isnt rubbish

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    For me only Makinson deserves a 10 out of 10, I would drop Roby and Lomax down a point. We are coming to the other side of the curve now with Roby where he is starting to struggle now and isn’t as effective.

My other concern now is can Lomax produce a great performance in a really big game, looking back at some of our knock out games he hasn’t achieved his potential yet at the very top level when it matters.
    Yeh i agree. I highly rate Lomax but when we are struggling in a big game he is the player i look to do something and so often he doesn’t. At Wembley on a couple of occasions he caught the ball and the defence opened for him and he passed it. If we are to get to (and win) the GF this year he needs to take the game by the neck and win it for us. If we are going to win The Grand Final we need a couple of players to step up even if it means straying from the game plan to make things happen.
    I would drop Percival down to a 7 and Paulo down to a 5. He makes me miss Josh Perry and Chris Flannery.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Murphyslad22 View Post

Coote 9/10
    Makinson 10/10
    Grace 8/10
    Percy 8/10
    Naquiama 8/10
    Fages 8/10
    Knowles 9/10
    Taia 8/10
    Peyroux 8/10
    Thompson 9/10
    Roby 10/10
    Walmsley 8/10

LMS 8/10

Eaves
    Hazzard
    Simm
    Cooper
    Dodd

Douglas N/A

Think you’ve been quite kind to a few there. I’d knock a point off Percival, Fages, Peyroux, Taia and I’m not sure what you’ve been watching to give Paulo and Ashworth 7, they’ve both been rubbish and I’d give them a 4 max. Richardson 5, LMS 6 and Lees 7 as well.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Which proves to me that despite claims the standard isnt rubbish
    Someone rating Joseph Paulo 7/10 for the season (don’t know how, he’s been sh*te) is proof the standard isn’t rubbish? Don’t know whether I’ve misread what you said but that’s a bit daft.

Learning All The Songs SaintJon's Avatar

Don't think we can really rate the players until after the playoffs/GF.

I don’t know if Paulo has been poor per se, I just think he plays a strange bit part role which I’m 100% certain is by order of his coach

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I don’t know if Paulo has been poor per se, I just think he plays a strange bit part role which I’m 100% certain is by order of his coach
    Yeh thats possible. He’s not doing much that Wilkin couldn’t have done for another season though. Thats my beef
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Someone rating Joseph Paulo 7/10 for the season (don’t know how, he’s been sh*te) is proof the standard isn’t rubbish? Don’t know whether I’ve misread what you said but that’s a bit daft.
    That's one player

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Yeh i agree. I highly rate Lomax but when we are struggling in a big game he is the player i look to do something and so often he doesn’t. At Wembley on a couple of occasions he caught the ball and the defence opened for him and he passed it. If we are to get to (and win) the GF this year he needs to take the game by the neck and win it for us. If we are going to win The Grand Final we need a couple of players to step up even if it means straying from the game plan to make things happen.
    I would drop Percival down to a 7 and Paulo down to a 5. He makes me miss Josh Perry and Chris Flannery.
    Lomax struggled at Wembley I believe because wire had good numbers each time he ran the ball, they knew our plays, got their defence numbers right and Lomax had little space to do anything with. I think it's hard under those circumstances to have the impact we hope for

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Yeah, i agree, Paulo has been, at best, bang average, saying he is a 7/10 is basically saying he has been above average which he hasnt, as for upside trying to say that one persons opinion of people out of 10 proves that the standard isn’t rubbish that’s ridiculous, you could ask that question to anyone and they would give different answers, if it was an aggregated score then maybe i could agree with him.

I’m giving everyone 1 out of 10

The standards never been worse!

Changed my mind, all 7 out of 10

The standard is OK

Actually thinking about it all 10 out of 10

The standard has never been higher!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Yeah, i agree, Paulo has been, at best, bang average, saying he is a 7/10 is basically saying he has been above average which he hasnt, as for upside trying to say that one persons opinion of people out of 10 proves that the standard isn’t rubbish that’s ridiculous, you could ask that question to anyone and they would give different answers, if it was an aggregated score then maybe i could agree with him.
    Paulo is not even average in this team. Most are better at their own positions than him.