Following on from the generic thread around Swinton that then included Station Road, I was pondering which grounds I miss visiting. Obviously super league and clubs either moving grounds or even going to the wall have had an adverse effect on our away day rambles across the north and further afield.

Number 1. For me was Borough Park Blackpool. Only an occasional fixture in the days of one division and for one season only in the two division era. Just going to Blackpool was in that era was always for most a good day out and the stadium was actually quite tidy and encompassed a dog track to earn the RL club some extra money. The club was shafted by the council and left town to a nomadic slow death.

Number 2. Keighley. This was even more of a rarefied event and my first recollection was 1971 and us winning 24-4 I can still remember how tiny the ground seemed and the views over what I now know as Ilkley Moor and sitting in what seemed like a huge shed eating hot pork pies, not the nine by Roy Litherland at Swinton but certainly two.

Number 3. Barrow. They are a club who really suffered from the creation of super league. Throughout the eighties especially at home they were a match for anyone with good knowledgeable crowds who loved the game and Saints to be honest. Roy Heggarty was the man the Barrow crowds loved to hate in a nice way, so much so they signed him. They had a guy called Eddie Sysmala who was as hard as nails. Another benefit was Hartleys beer brewed then in Ulverston for a pit stop going and returning home.