Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Well deserved

Starting A Programme Collection

Default Well deserved

I have just been informed that Jonny Lomax has won the Albert Goldthorpe award. Well done.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by notawiginfan View Post
    I have just been informed that Jonny Lomax has won the Albert Goldthorpe award. Well done.
    Yes, in theory he won it last week because Hastings couldn't catch him, strange Lomax not in the dream team at 6 with that award.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Yes, in theory he won it last week because Hastings couldn't catch him, strange Lomax not in the dream team at 6 with that award.
    Not strange at all, he's a Saints player!

Banned

I think Lomax is fantastic both as a player and a role model, he is exemplary. What I would now like to see is him start to really lead the team not just by example but verbally. The south sea islanders I feel need to be bullied a little bit to get to another level in big games. We are a bit too nice and comfortable at times.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    I think Lomax is fantastic both as a player and a role model, he is exemplary. What I would now like to see is him start to really lead the team not just by example but verbally. The south sea islanders I feel need to be bullied a little bit to get to another level in big games. We are a bit too nice and comfortable at times.
    Dead right.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

To be playing at the level he is and to be winning awards like this after the number of serious injuries he’s had is remarkable to be fair and is all down to his character and hard work.

He is a quality player and IMO is right up there with the best players in the competition. His footwork in particular is up there with the best I’ve seen.

Congratulations Jonny.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    To be playing at the level he is and to be winning awards like this after the number of serious injuries he’s had is remarkable to be fair and is all down to his character and hard work.

He is a quality player and IMO is right up there with the best players in the competition. His footwork in particular is up there with the best I’ve seen.

Congratulations Jonny.
    He does have good footwork and hands, but for me his strongest point is his vision and awareness, second to none in SL. Well done Jonny you deserve it.

Got A Season Ticket

Pretty great considering we were all starting to write him off with all his injuries and wondering if we should keep him on at one point (me included). Talent was never in question and he’s done remarkably well to bounce back from all of that

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Poysaint View Post
    Pretty great considering we were all starting to write him off with all his injuries and wondering if we should keep him on at one point (me included). Talent was never in question and he’s done remarkably well to bounce back from all of that
    And excel in 2 positions.

Learning All The Songs

Jonny has been excellent for the last few years, since moving to the halves, he was a good full back, but for me he is now a more accomplished half. If it wasnt for the way the man of steel had been set up this year he would be my favourite for the man of steel, he is a key player on the best team in the league.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Jonny has been excellent for the last few years, since moving to the halves, he was a good full back, but for me he is now a more accomplished half. If it wasnt for the way the man of steel had been set up this year he would be my favourite for the man of steel, he is a key player on the best team in the league.
    I agree, I was just pointing out he's still a pretty good full back. I also agree he would be in with a big shout for MOS if as you said they hadn't ••••ed about with the system.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I agree, I was just pointing out he's still a pretty good full back. I also agree he would be in with a big shout for MOS if as you said they hadn't ••••ed about with the system.
    But if they hadn't f****d about with the system you would still get other players voting for colleagues who hadn't even played a game in the season, which was a complete farce last year.

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    But if they hadn't f****d about with the system you would still get other players voting for colleagues who hadn't even played a game in the season, which was a complete farce last year.
    I think the easy way to have dealt with that was to discount obvious stupid votes, publicly name, shame and possibly fine the culprits (not just by publishing the way everyone voted and leaving it to fans to scroll through the list) and make those players forfeit the right to vote the following season.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I think the easy way to have dealt with that was to discount obvious stupid votes, publicly name, shame and possibly fine the culprits (not just by publishing the way everyone voted and leaving it to fans to scroll through the list) and make those players forfeit the right to vote the following season.
    I didn't think there was much wrong with having a short list.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    Although there were stupid votes and people taking the p**s, I don’t think you can argue with many of the recent awards. The current method rewards flat track bullies who turn up when it suits them rather than someone who has shown real quality week in week out. We finished 16 points clear at the top, and will likely not have anyone in the top 3. What a farce