10 19.61%
  • Wire win and Salford win

3 5.88%
  • Wire win and Wigan win

27 52.94%
  • Cas win and Salford win

11 21.57%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Predictions for this week’s fixtures????

Default Predictions for this week’s fixtures????

What do we think?

Cas to beat Wire or the reverse?

Wigan to beat Salford or the other way around???
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

I've gone Wire win and Pies win

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

I have a funny feeling about Salford beating Wigan. There’s been a lot of patting themselves on the back at Wigan lately but I genuinely don’t think they’ve been properly tested in this run of wins they’ve had. Their form on paper is good but I’m yet to watch them and be impressed or worried with anything I’ve seen. If Salford take the game to them then I can see an “upset” there.

Warrington to win the other game.

Saints v Salford next week and Wigan/Warrington battling out a sudden death eliminator.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Got A Season Ticket

Wigan win
    Cas win
    Saints beat Wigan in final

Starting A Programme Collection

I'd like this scenario and you could be right. Will be interesting to see how it pans out

That aside - the main focus should be on us. If we play to our strengths and keep composure, we have a good chance of becoming GF winners. I hope we have learned from the CC final and we don't lose our bottle - after the 2 seasons, this team deserves a major trophy and it's up to them to go out and produce the goods on the big stage. COYS!

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I have a funny feeling about Salford beating Wigan. There’s been a lot of patting themselves on the back at Wigan lately but I genuinely don’t think they’ve been properly tested in this run of wins they’ve had. Their form on paper is good but I’m yet to watch them and be impressed or worried with anything I’ve seen. If Salford take the game to them then I can see an “upset” there.

Warrington to win the other game.

Saints v Salford next week and Wigan/Warrington battling out a sudden death eliminator.

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    Wigan win
    Cas win
    If Wigan win their 1st game don't we play them in the semi?
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

Got A Replica Shirt

Cas and Salford for me. I can't see Wire doing anything, they lose far to easily, and like history often shows there season was over after the CC win. It will be close between the Pies and Salford, but my thoughts are Salford have more to offer and this is a great opportunity for them. With Watson at the helm, I think he has it over Lam.
    I'm not concerned with who we play in the semi final. Our record gives me the belief that we can beat any of the top five. Our disappointment, experience, and form will see us rightly lift the Super League trophy. The bookies have us as favorites, and it plain to see why. COYS!

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    If Wigan win their 1st game don't we play them in the semi?
    Sorry I thought the loser of that game got a second chance

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Week 1

Game 1
    2nd v 3rd - winner plays 1st in week 2. Loser plays winner Game 2 in week 2.

Game 2
    4th v 5th - loser eliminated. Winner plays loser of Game 1 in week 2.

Week 2

Game 3
    1st v Winner of Game 1 - winner straight to grand final. Loser plays winner of Game 4.

Game 4
    Loser of Game 1 v Winner of Game 2 - loser eliminated. Winner to play loser of Game 3.

Week 3

Game 5
    Loser of Game 3 v Winner of Game 4 - winner to grand final. Loser eliminated.

Week 4
    Grand Final - Winner of Game 3 v Winner of Game 5
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Banned

Sorry I thought the loser of that game got a second chance
    They do will play the winner of wanky v cas

Learning All The Songs

Hope they all knock the crap out of each other and pick up injuries this week with a few suspensions

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Heart - Salford & Cas win
    Head - Wigan & Wankey
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Quote Originally Posted by winno 67 View Post
    Cas and Salford for me. I can't see Wire doing anything, they lose far to easily, and like history often shows there season was over after the CC win. It will be close between the Pies and Salford, but my thoughts are Salford have more to offer and this is a great opportunity for them. With Watson at the helm, I think he has it over Lam.
    I'm not concerned with who we play in the semi final. Our record gives me the belief that we can beat any of the top five. Our disappointment, experience, and form will see us rightly lift the Super League trophy. The bookies have us as favorites, and it plain to see why. COYS!
    You're either the most optimistic person in the country or you're quite mad, not sure which. Warrington have won their big games this season and will surely handle Cas without breaking sweat. In the other game I would not be surprised if Wigan scored between 40 and 50 points, they will win comfortably regardless - making the playoffs is already a successful season for Salford, they are done now

This is the highlight though "I'm not concerned with who we play in the semi final. Our record gives me the belief that we can beat any of the top five"

Our record demonstrates precisely the opposite of this, when was the last time we beat Wigan, Warrington or Leeds in a knockout game?

Learning All The Songs

Can't see Salford troubling Wigan at all, theyve done well to finish third but thats all they'll manage. That Cas backline is terrible, think they have one or two injuries and a suspension in the forwards too.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    You're either the most optimistic person in the country or you're quite mad, not sure which. Warrington have won their big games this season and will surely handle Cas without breaking sweat. In the other game I would not be surprised if Wigan scored between 40 and 50 points, they will win comfortably regardless - making the playoffs is already a successful season for Salford, they are done now

This is the highlight though "I'm not concerned with who we play in the semi final. Our record gives me the belief that we can beat any of the top five"

Our record demonstrates precisely the opposite of this, when was the last time we beat Wigan, Warrington or Leeds in a knockout game?
    Retro if Wigan put 40 plus on Salford, regardless they get another shot the week after, it is the eliminator Wire vs Cas that is knockout.
    They may not be done yet.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Wigan @ Cas for me.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Retro if Wigan put 40 plus on Salford, regardless they get another shot the week after, it is the eliminator Wire vs Cas that is knockout.
    They may not be done yet.
    Yeah I get that, I just mean that I think they've already had a successful season by their standards and I don't think they will be a threat in the play offs. I suppose you never know, Hull FC seemed like they were nothing special in 2006 before they went on that crazy undefeated run which helped them get to the GF

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Yeah I get that, I just mean that I think they've already had a successful season by their standards and I don't think they will be a threat in the play offs. I suppose you never know, Hull FC seemed like they were nothing special in 2006 before they went on that crazy undefeated run which helped them get to the GF
    Such has been the mediocrity below us this season that I don’t think any of the other 4 making the final would be a complete shock. They’re all capable of beating each other no doubt. Wigan have big game experience so they’re rightly 2nd favourites behind us but I just have a funny feeling that their run of “form” isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be and they’ll get their hardest game for some time on Friday.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Hope they all knock the crap out of each other and pick up injuries this week with a few suspensions
    The icing on the cake would be Hicks making controversial decisions and then we can hear the groans and moans before the team play us. I don't think we will produce an error strewn performance again in our play offs.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Can't see past Wigan and Warrington wins, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

In The South Stand

I just think everyone is taking Saints in final to much for granted I think , I want them there but anything can happen.

In The South Stand

Wigan win
    Cas win
    Yup, that's my prediction as well. I'm hoping both Cas and Salford will win, but with the Crust Munchers at home, I can't see anything but a "rub of the green" win for them. What's the betting it's Hicks or Thaler officiating at the DW?

Learning All The Songs

Sorry I get what you mean now, I was thinking of the format not their achievements.
    I still think they may upset someone again, maybe this week, who knows if they do. If we were to lose the GF it would be less painful to them than any of the two beginning with W especially Wire (the thought just has me ill).

Banned

I do have a fancy for Salford at Wigan. I dont think Cas can turn things around enough to beat Wire not away from home. What will be fascinating is the amount of support Salford have at Wigan, I think they do have a bandwagon parked up somewhere between Weaste and Ordsall and I think they can half fill the away end which is two and a half thousand and unless Wigan give free tickets out at Heinz I do not think the locals will turn out in droves.

It’s a weird one. Warrington don’t seem to have won a SL match, never mind a title, for 64 years, and Salford look like a dangerous side. But I just can’t see anything other than Warrington and Wigan’s big game smarts leading to fairly routine victories.