Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chairman in the Mirror

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    I seem to have been castigated by a few people for light heartedly suggesting that the statue could be pulled down to make room for one of the chairman or in my opinion Vollenhoven He called Saints fans sheep, who had no knowledge of the game. He was a great player but his attitude afterwards was awful. The most important thing was he lost the true value and ethos of the club by his vision of the type of Rugby he wanted us to play, as soon as Holbrook came, the shackles came off and we started to play the type of Rugby that Saints are renowned for.It was noticeable that none of his former team mates came out with any meaningful supportive comments when he was released Sincere apologies if I upset people, but I STILL go every week like I have done for the last sixty plus years and support the Saints and we all are entitled to have an opinion
    Jonah Cunningham looked a decent prospect at one point so I don't think that's a stick to bash KC with. And that thing about Jack Owens being his daughter's fella turned out to be nonsense as well.

KC was clearly out of his depth as a coach and responded to pressure in a regrettable manner. Personally I don't think that it's worth holding a grudge over and it doesn't negate his achievements as one of the greatest players ever to play for the club.

Noooobie

Councillors, politicians are all corrupt, incompetent and greedy. They're also hypocrites, immigration suppresses wages. This is why the biggest fans of opening our borders are multinational and British corporations. So much for Labour helping the working classes.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by bewareshadows View Post
    Living in Leeds Fridays are just a killer for me to get to games. But I do find that catching the odd game live can be more enjoyable than it was when I went week in week out due to the routine.

I think as you get older other things replace the sheer tribalism of sport. I know when my dad had kids he stopped attending as often. Same with myself, but always keep and interest and the bug starts to come back.
    I live in Cornwall now with my very young children so I only saw one live match last year. Im still proud of my home town and its great team and our chairman does and fantastic job

Starting A Programme Collection

This man is a visionary, we would not have our club as we have it now without him. He said he wanted to be around to build the stadium, he now wants to redevelop the Town, he is a pillar of all things St. Helens.
    We have a Stadium that is in the town centre, across the bridge and you are in Church Square, not some faceless corporate retail park or inside an industrial estate.
    Long may he continue but do not join any political parties stay on the outside you are more effective Eamonn.