Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 99

Thread: Warrington fielded an ineligible player

  1. #51
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    682
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    They tend to be rather good looking but quite reserved do they not?
    Not when they've had a drink they're not.

  2. #52
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    They tend to be rather good looking but quite reserved do they not?
    Yes, I've known them for 12 years now and they are very poilte,,, we are all sitting together inside old trafford, 3rd tier alex ferguson stand, so a hell of a lot of climbing after a few pints

  3. #53
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I see. My other half is quite exotic. She's from Leigh
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  4. #54
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I see. My other half is quite exotic. She's from Leigh
    I used to go in a pub years ago called the red cat, on the Leigh/hindley border,, don't know if you or your beloved know it.

  5. #55
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I used to go in a pub years ago called the red cat, on the Leigh/hindley border,, don't know if you or your beloved know it.
    I do but it's long gone that mate

    She doesn't live too far from the Canal Turn pub, which is more towards the Astley end.

    Anyway back on topic before we get banned for derailing another thread. I'm a nightmare for that, I need to stop
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  6. #56
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I do but it's long gone that mate

    She doesn't live too far from the Canal Turn pub, which is more towards the Astley end.

    Anyway back on topic before we get banned for derailing another thread. I'm a nightmare for that, I need to stop
    I know what you mean, was talking to a wire fan I've known for 6 years last week and in his opinion, wire won't make the gf

  7. #57
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I know what you mean, was talking to a wire fan I've known for 6 years last week and in his opinion, wire won't make the gf
    I do feel that Wigan will win it but if Warrington get dumped out without us playing them, then I think it would help us.

    However, I want our get square on them
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  8. #58
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I do feel that Wigan will win it but if Warrington get dumped out without us playing them, then I think it would help us.

    However, I want our get square on them
    Bloody same here,,,,,, i can't help thinking Salford could do some damage as they are on fire at the moment

  9. #59
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Bloody same here,,,,,, i can't help thinking Salford could do some damage as they are on fire at the moment
    I'm not convinced. I think they'll get found out.. hopefully not I'd like them to do well. Ideally not at our expense but if they beat us they beat us
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  10. #60
    WARNING! WOLF FAN!

    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    We need to start cheating as well. If we have to play them again I'd be putting 5 men in the tackle on Hill & giving him a right crack on the deck
    Lmfao...'Saints need to start cheating'!

    Click bait, either that or you rival a fairground carp memory.

  11. #61
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    Lmfao...'Saints need to start cheating'!

    Click bait, either that or you rival a fairground carp memory.
    I remember your rather ill-advised on rlfans pal & your panicked, grovelling apology after it you pathetic weasel
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  12. #62
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    The Heath
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    Lmfao...'Saints need to start cheating'!

    Click bait, either that or you rival a fairground carp memory.
    Not for the first time I haven't understood a word of what you say. What language do you speak?

  13. #63
    In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,663
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    They prove time and time again that they don't give a stuff about us fans. This might sound harsh but i can see genuine fans turning their backs on the game
    Firmly behind you on this one. The RFL ARE driving fans away from the game, irrespective of what one other poster thinks.
    I really think it's time for SL to consider breaking away from RFL like Premiership football did.
    I really think that unless something radical happens, the game is sadly in terminal decline and for someone who's been a RL fan for well over 50 years, that's hard to say......
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

  14. #64
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    682
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Firmly behind you on this one. The RFL ARE driving fans away from the game, irrespective of what one other poster thinks.
    I really think it's time for SL to consider breaking away from RFL like Premiership football did.
    I really think that unless something radical happens, the game is sadly in terminal decline and for someone who's been a RL fan for well over 50 years, that's hard to say......
    Unfortunately I agree with this. In fact I was just thinking it before reading your post, I'm just not sure exactly how it would happen.

  15. #65
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Blatherings on WA12RL radio.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service
    Posts
    8,080
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Back to the original post more proof that Wire are a bunch of cheating c****.
    Learned comment from The Don

  16. #66
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,487
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    I was reluctant to post on this thread as it could come across as sour grapes. Warrington beat us fair and square on the day. This news is disappointed though. £2k is a joke of a fine. If this happened in Australia the NRL would strip them of the title, no question.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  17. #67
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,429
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Who cares? All it highlights is that they should remove the squad naming process, it's utterly pointless. Clubs can field whoever is in their 'Super League' squad and no one outside of that.

  18. #68
    Noooobie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Leeds
    Age
    29
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I really hope Wire get knocked out of the playoffs by a ridiculous refereeing decision just to see their reaction...special breed them lot.

  19. #69
    WARNING! WOLF FAN!

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I was reluctant to post on this thread as it could come across as sour grapes. Warrington beat us fair and square on the day. This news is disappointed though. £2k is a joke of a fine. If this happened in Australia the NRL would strip them of the title, no question.
    Now that is funny! For late notification of a squad change? Hardly up there with Salary cap cheating (twice) or deliberately fielding a second string team in order to allow people “in the know” to make a killing at the bookies.
    You should be grateful that fans of other teams do post on here to provide a reality check to your more delusional posters.

  20. #70
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,056
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I was reluctant to post on this thread as it could come across as sour grapes. Warrington beat us fair and square on the day. This news is disappointed though. £2k is a joke of a fine. If this happened in Australia the NRL would strip them of the title, no question.

    I don't think so, it's nothing really, bit of a pointless exercise but there to satisfy bookies and fans paying really, the odd change isn't a big issue, just need to follow the system and they didn't

    2k isn't much but even rich people don't like giving their money away

  21. #71
    In The South Stand retro74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St Helens, Lancashire
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    Firmly behind you on this one. The RFL ARE driving fans away from the game, irrespective of what one other poster thinks.
    I really think it's time for SL to consider breaking away from RFL like Premiership football did.
    I really think that unless something radical happens, the game is sadly in terminal decline and for someone who's been a RL fan for well over 50 years, that's hard to say......
    The other poster you refer to must be an employee of the RFL or something as he appears to think everything in RL is absolutely rosy and the game is thriving

    If you dare to criticise any aspect of it you're not a "true fan" and the game is better off without you apparently. He reminds me of Donald Trump at times

    People who criticise do it out of love for the game, they don't want it to die or become completely irrelevant due to the people running it being self-serving idiots

  22. #72
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    The other poster you refer to must be an employee of the RFL or something as he appears to think everything in RL is absolutely rosy and the game is thriving

    If you dare to criticise any aspect of it you're not a "true fan" and the game is better off without you apparently. He reminds me of Donald Trump at times

    People who criticise do it out of love for the game, they don't want it to die or become completely irrelevant due to the people running it being self-serving idiots
    Soon see how many fans are left. There are barely any left as it is. 5 years I'll give it
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  23. #73
    Got A Season Ticket antwnsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    At my desk
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Not forgetting:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Thursday night games.
    Poor referees. In fact, terrible referrees.
    Inconsistencies in the disciplinary process.
    Garbage play off formats.
    Allowing the challenge cup to fall by the wayside
    Golden point (seriously just copying the Aussies for the sake of it.
    Not forgetting:
    Keep swapping/changing the rules every season.
    Having teams play each other 3, 4, 5 times in the same season. To quote The Fall: 'The 3 Rs Repetition, repetition, repetition.'
    Games being switched from Friday to Sunday or vice versa at the last minute.

  24. #74
    In The South Stand Webbo Again's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Refugee from the fascist state of RLFans
    Posts
    3,320
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    When I saw "Warrington fielded an ineligible player" I thought we were talking the CC Final and the player was Robert Hicks. I mean, he didn't even bother wearing the right kit.
    I f*cking hate wi*an.

  25. #75
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,050
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    Now that is funny! For late notification of a squad change? Hardly up there with Salary cap cheating (twice) or deliberately fielding a second string team in order to allow people “in the know” to make a killing at the bookies.
    You should be grateful that fans of other teams do post on here to provide a reality check to your more delusional posters.

    So you think Saints fielded a weakened team at Bradford at the behest of Messrs Gleeson and Long?

    Confirmation (if needed) that you have impaired capacity of some kind (putting it kindly)


    There there..... suck on your blanket in the corner whilst the IQ’s above 30 have an adult conversation.
    Get busy living, or get busy dying.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •