Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 99

Thread: Warrington fielded an ineligible player

  1. #26
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    [QUOTE=Belgian Saint;774383]
    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Genuine fans will stop going to games why exactly?

    So people love their club, love the sport and enjoy watching games, but because I am of s belief that the governing body may not like fans, although totally unfounded I'll stop enjoying what I like?

    Sorry but I finding this emotional bollocks to say true fans will walk away, if they do they are not true fans and we are better without them But you don't find this emotional bollocks How many fans do you think we can have walk away?

    Walk away why? I'm not being funny this is genuinnne, why walk away? I've not seen anything that should affect the enjoyment of watching a game of rugby, all the points I've seen so far are very fickle.

    People post they are about to walk away and sick of it, then post on other threads about the next game? I believe it's a throw away comment and just emotional bollocks, of you don't want to support your team because a fine isn't as big as you expect for a different club that doesn't affect us then your reasoning is completely flawed

  2. #27
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    583
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Not the game I grew up watching and playing. It's going down the pan. If it wasn't for Saints, I wouldn't watch rugby league
    Seconded

  3. #28
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Not the game I grew up watching and playing. It's going down the pan. If it wasn't for Saints, I wouldn't watch rugby league

    That's your call, I love the sport and watch every game I can at all levels. I think it's a great sport, people have been saying it's going down the pan and going to fail for over hundred years but we are still here

  4. #29
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Why? What have the RFL done that stops your enjoyment of watching your home team run round with a rugby ball for our entertainment?
    Is it because you feel they should have fined another team more for not following correct protocol? What has thatbgot to do with simply just enjoying watching a game of rugby!

    It makes no sense at all, just enjoy the game
    Thursday night games.
    Poor referees. In fact, terrible referrees.
    Inconsistencies in the disciplinary process.
    Garbage play off formats.
    Allowing the challenge cup to fall by the wayside
    Golden point (seriously just copying the Aussies for the sake of it.
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  5. #30
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    That's your call, I love the sport and watch every game I can at all levels. I think it's a great sport, people have been saying it's going down the pan and going to fail for over hundred years but we are still here
    Just
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  6. #31
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I understand your point of view too,, but i suppose it all boils down to how the individual fan feels,, everyone is different,,, I'll put it another way, what are the rfl doing to attract new fans? NOTHING

    Well they promote the sport slot through social media, they support different concepts and levels and have s great app showing free games

    But I think here is one of the problems, people feel,it's the rfls sole job to raise attendances, what are the clubs doing to promote their club? A club does well they get pat on the back, a club does poorly the rfl get blamed

    Point is, clubs should take some responsibility also, the brand is the club, the players are the assets, we should make more of this as a whole, not simply blame one part of the jigsaw

    What wire have been doing is excellent but has brought criticism from some, why is promoting our sport and games a negative?

  7. #32
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Well they promote the sport slot through social media, they support different concepts and levels and have s great app showing free games

    But I think here is one of the problems, people feel,it's the rfls sole job to raise attendances, what are the clubs doing to promote their club? A club does well they get pat on the back, a club does poorly the rfl get blamed

    Point is, clubs should take some responsibility also, the brand is the club, the players are the assets, we should make more of this as a whole, not simply blame one part of the jigsaw

    What wire have been doing is excellent but has brought criticism from some, why is promoting our sport and games a negative?
    Warrington are attracting attention for well known negative reasons

  8. #33
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Just
    And people,have said that for years! Did you go blackbrook on Sunday? Brilliant finals day

    Championship attendances up 30%, extended sponsor for SL with increased income, woman's game growing with SL, GB Lions brand is back

    You lot can sink into dispair and woe, I'll continue enjoying this great game and point out all the pluses our fantastic sport has, and it has lots to be happy about

    Again, just enjoy the game

  9. #34
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Warrington are attracting attention for well known negative reasons
    Not only negative though, Wolfie has brought fun and enjoyment to many, that's attracted more exposure to our great sport

  10. #35
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    And people,have said that for years! Did you go blackbrook on Sunday? Brilliant finals day

    Championship attendances up 30%, extended sponsor for SL with increased income, woman's game growing with SL, GB Lions brand is back

    You lot can sink into dispair and woe, I'll continue enjoying this great game and point out all the pluses our fantastic sport has, and it has lots to be happy about

    Again, just enjoy the game
    I had to do a job for my nan at her house otherwise I would have. Would have taken my girlfriend as well.

    I just think if you ask fans what they think against mine & your thoughts, most would be in line with me. There's already a thread on the Hull board about the state of the game. And believe me, the vast majority of that lot bleed rugby league. They know their stuff
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  11. #36
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The best sporting day out I've had was at the 1999 grand final, Saints v Bradford,, was in the trafford pub at midday and had a brilliant time with other saints fans, and mingling with the bulls fans with not a hint of bother

  12. #37
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I had to do a job for my nan at her house otherwise I would have. Would have taken my girlfriend as well.

    I just think if you ask fans what they think against mine & your thoughts, most would be in line with me. There's already a thread on the Hull board about the state of the game. And believe me, the vast majority of that lot bleed rugby league. They know their stuff
    I do t think it's anywhere near as bad as people claim, it's a case of empowers clothes, if enough people say it's rubbish, refs haven't a clue, rfl are useless and the games dead it will have an affect on the mentality of most and more likely to become true

    I would ask everyone to take a step back, ignore all the negative comments to about fines, a ban, not enough posters promoting game etc and just think about what the sport brings to them , why they watched it or played it, what it means to those proud players pulling on the jersey and just watched it with a positive mindset not looking for reasons to be disgusted and I'm sure you will enjoy it more

    It's a great game, always has been, still is, yes it's different but nothing stays the same forever, it's still great tough sportspeople enjoying chasing an odd shaped ball around, just enjoy it

  13. #38
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    The best sporting day out I've had was at the 1999 grand final, Saints v Bradford,, was in the trafford pub at midday and had a brilliant time with other saints fans, and mingling with the bulls fans with not a hint of bother

    I have many many days like that, all brilliant, that's why we love the sport

    If you stood by s group who praised the sport, applauded the great skills, cheers their teams you would enjoy an identical game far more than if you surrounded yourself with negative people who complain, shout at the ref, say the games finished every few minutes I am convinced

    Separate yourself from negative people, try to influence other fans positively, imo you will enjoy it slot more

  14. #39
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I have many many days like that, all brilliant, that's why we love the sport

    If you stood by s group who praised the sport, applauded the great skills, cheers their teams you would enjoy an identical game far more than if you surrounded yourself with negative people who complain, shout at the ref, say the games finished every few minutes I am convinced

    Separate yourself from negative people, try to influence other fans positively, imo you will enjoy it slot more
    Thats what I love about grand final day in Manchester, fans mingling on seriously packed out trams and buses, and even more packed out pubs,,,,,,,,,,, Laura wright singing Jerusalem on the pitch really makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up

  15. #40
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Thats what I love about grand final day in Manchester, fans mingling on seriously packed out trams and buses, and even more packed out pubs,,,,,,,,,,, Laura wright singing Jerusalem on the pitch really makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up

    Fully agree it's brilliant, yet some still find reason to be negative, if we balanced our frustrations with all the things we love about the game we would remember we really enjoy it

    I tell anyone who will listen how great the game is, in fact I also tell those who wont listen

  16. #41
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Fully agree it's brilliant, yet some still find reason to be negative, if we balanced our frustrations with all the things we love about the game we would remember we really enjoy it

    I tell anyone who will listen how great the game is, in fact I also tell those who wont listen
    Do you agree with the alcohol ban within the viewing area in old trafford?

  17. #42
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,082
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Do you agree with the alcohol ban within the viewing area in old trafford?

    Hadn't heard that, no I don't think I agree, although there are some idiots with the kick off time which doesn't help

    Let people, drink but kick off an hour earlier with a curtain raiser would be my suggestion

  18. #43
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    It is harsh you're right. I'm being pretty sour about it all.

    I really don't like Warrington.

    I guess when you are busy making tea & cakes for the cup final referee a few days before, there can be some oversight on the 19 man squad protocol
    Same here, I know you probably won't agree but I want us to play them in the final and ••••ing hammer them out of sight. I think we've made enough out of Hicks display to ensure it doesn't happen again.

  19. #44
    In The South Stand Sean Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,026
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Do you agree with the alcohol ban within the viewing area in old trafford?
    Good move. There’s always the pub if you can’t watch the game without a beer in your hand

  20. #45
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Hadn't heard that, no I don't think I agree, although there are some idiots with the kick off time which doesn't help

    Let people, drink but kick off an hour earlier with a curtain raiser would be my suggestion
    Obviously we can still buy a pint inside the stadium, just not allowed to take it to your seat,,,, I'm taking a group of Saints fans from Norway to this years gf,, looking forward to their first grand final,, a group of mostly women

  21. #46
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Obviously we can still buy a pint inside the stadium, just not allowed to take it to your seat,,,, I'm taking a group of Saints fans from Norway to this years gf,, looking forward to their first grand final,, a group of mostly women
    I'm jealous
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  22. #47
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    397
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'm jealous
    Hey ralph,,, I've told them you might be meeting us in the toll gate,,the thing is, can you handle a group of Scandinavia ladies? ��

  23. #48
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I'm jealous
    I was in Bergen a few weeks back for a night and spent most of the evening people (women) watching down by the harbour, a most productive evening.

  24. #49
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I was in Bergen a few weeks back for a night and spent most of the evening people (women) watching down by the harbour, a most productive evening.
    You get about you.
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  25. #50
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Hey ralph,,, I've told them you might be meeting us in the toll gate,,the thing is, can you handle a group of Scandinavia ladies? ��
    They tend to be rather good looking but quite reserved do they not?
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •