Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Josh Eaves

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Honestly he has everything. His ability to find a gap is stunning. His short kicking game into the in goal area is excellent. The Academy have score lots of try’s off his kicks. He’s a good goal kicker as well.his link play with Welsby has been excellent as well. He sells a great dummy but does not over use it either. There are some really good players in the Academy team but he stands out with Welsby.
    Another one to watch for me is centre NICO RIZZELLI has been really eye catching.
    NICO has had a pretty decent season this year him and Simms should be challenging Costello for that back up centre spot.

Lewis Dodd is another one to challenge, he is very similar to Richardson though but perhaps doesn’t have that physicality yet for Superleague. He needs to be introduced correctly though otherwise we will have another Richardson Scenario where Holbrook didn’t take him out of the firing line last season for a short spell instead of him losing progression whilst under pressure.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    NICO has had a pretty decent season this year him and Simms should be challenging Costello for that back up centre spot.

Lewis Dodd is another one to challenge, he is very similar to Richardson though but perhaps doesn’t have that physicality yet for Superleague. He needs to be introduced correctly though otherwise we will have another Richardson Scenario where Holbrook didn’t take him out of the firing line last season for a short spell instead of him losing progression whilst under pressure.

I really like Nico, very talented, not sure what saints plans are for him though, if they cannot get him near the first team there would be other clubs circulating I imagine

Lewis Dodd is imo far better talent than DR. I like DR and think he is s very good solid player, worthy of a SL spot, but Lewis Dodd is very talented, has a great attitude and with everyone's support will be a great addition to the first team

My preference for young players is for them to be brought through slowly, some will settle into first team more quickly than others, it's not a race, if he's 18 or 22 before he is ready then so be it, he is very good and our backing is key to helping him and the others

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I really like Nico, very talented, not sure what saints plans are for him though, if they cannot get him near the first team there would be other clubs circulating I imagine

Lewis Dodd is imo far better talent than DR. I like DR and think he is s very good solid player, worthy of a SL spot, but Lewis Dodd is very talented, has a great attitude and with everyone's support will be a great addition to the first team

My preference for young players is for them to be brought through slowly, some will settle into first team more quickly than others, it's not a race, if he's 18 or 22 before he is ready then so be it, he is very good and our backing is key to helping him and the others
    Quite a few of the highly talented academy lads will be stepping up into the reserves comp next season.

Banned

Potential reserve team for next year:

1. Welsby
    2. Costello
    3. Simm
    4. Rizzelli
    6. Dodd
    7. Richardson
    8. Ashworth
    9. Eaves
    11. Batchelor
    13. Paulo

If anyone wants to fill in the gaps feel free.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Quite a few of the highly talented academy lads will be stepping up into the reserves comp next season.
    It helps teams retain their talent, but you also have the attraction of first team footy at another club, it's better for players also as it gives them opportunities to showcase their talent and try to get a better deal

Good luck to them

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I think we need a quality, experienced 9 I'll be honest. And I mean proven NRL quality
    Suppose we’ll have to see how Smith gets on next year but he’s got a long way to go yet if he wants to replace Roby IMO.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Suppose we’ll have to see how Smith gets on next year but he’s got a long way to go yet if he wants to replace Roby IMO.
    As do all other hookers in our game to be honest

We do need s very good hooker, it's so important to have a good player in that position, smith is good but not sure he is good enough for siants yet, which I guess was your point
    Last edited by Upside; 11th September 2019 at 17:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    As do all other hookers in our game to be honest

We do need s very good hooker, it's so important to have a good player in that position, smith is good but not sure he is good enough for siantsbuet, which I guess was your point
    Is anyone good enough for siantsbuet?

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Is anyone good enough for siantsbuet?
    Edited