Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts

Personally I don’t mind visitors from other clubs but it has to add something, otherwise it just becomes a nonsense

Got A Season Ticket

This visitor hopes you do us a favour tomorrow tho come to think of it it will only give us a week extra before we get knocked out

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Personally I don’t mind visitors from other clubs but it has to add something, otherwise it just becomes a nonsense
    The irony is someone like Rogues can add plenty of perspective to a conversation by sharing anecdotal evidence but the majority respond with we don’t give a crap about your club.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    The irony is someone like Rogues can add plenty of perspective to a conversation by sharing anecdotal evidence but the majority respond with we don’t give a crap about your club.

That’s why Rogues gets short shrift.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Thick As Mince

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

That’s why Rogues gets short shrift.
    Is that like 'I F*ckin Hate Wigan'? Really things like that are just harmless banter. We are your biggest rivals, that stuff is just par for the course. I genuinely come on here to speak about rugby in the rare times i do post. I speak with other clubs' fans to on RLFans, its only you Cas and Hull KR who have alienated yourelves from it. I get the OP though in regards to the blatant Warrington trolling but that was to be expected. I am sure plenty of Saints fans would have been straight on their board if the result was reversed. Thats just run of the mill stuff. Nothing to get in a twist over. I agree with another poster, i think its good for your board to have passing traffic. Even the ones who say they dont like it must appreciate the views of other fans. Sometimes the clearer perspective is from someone who isnt emotionally involved.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Last time I was on here was straight after the CC Final, and said I was going to give this place a swerve for a bit because it would become a crapfest. Thought I'd pop back to air some thoughts.

This forum
    A quick skim through the posts and I can see it got as bad as I imagined. What I can't understand is why Mods/Admin have allowed so many gobshites from other clubs to troll with impunity. Some have been more subtle than others but, at a time when we're all hurting bad, I'd advocate just deleting all posts from fans of other clubs. None of us want it rubbed-in, or sneering dressed up as 'serious' questions. F*** 'em. This is a Saints fans site, not a democracy.

CC Final
    That performance just screamed 'bottled it'. Too many players - key players we rely on - had stinkers and collectively they seemed to let that disgraceful decision to 'no try' Knowles' try play on their minds. Wire defended ridiculously well, but we were the architects of our own downfall. We didn't look to have consistent shape in attack, few dummy runners or other moves to bamboozle the defence, and fell into the trap of attacking individually. I couldn't be there (stupidly never thought about dates when booking a holiday at the start of 2019) but watched it on TV and that hurt probably more than Murrayfield did (and I was at Murrayfield!). Probably because the Murrayfield loss came amidst a period when we were overall top dogs and silverware wasn't a problem. We're now in a desperate position regarding trophies in recent years - 1 in eleven years for a giant of the game is pathetic, especially when inferior teams like Leeds (several times!) and the piescum have been racking up SL titles, and even Wire have 3 CC's.

Aftermath & Run-In
    I avoided all things RL for nearly a fortnight after the final - newspapers, tv, internet. I couldn't face it. I also missed the Cas game (travelling home that evening). Other than clocking the score, I never bothered to read a report on it but I can imagine how it went. So my first tentative step back to the game came on Friday at TTWS. I wasn't filled with enthusiasm but hoped being there would rekindle the spirit. It didn't. I've never been so disinterested in a game. At half time, I was actually pondering going home and spent half the game on my phone. It wasn't a great game, sure, but that wasn't the issue. I hope the play-offs & GF get me going, or next year will be me not bothering to go more often than not.

Holbrook
    He's been instrumental in turning the club around and for that he'll always have our thinks. But perhaps the question marks about his ability to deliver trophies are valid. That team, and squad is head and shoulders above any other in the British game, so to lose like that against a pretty ordinary Wire side is poor. A GF win would help rid him of a growing tag of not quite having it. But perhaps a change in coach is what we need and him swanning back to Aus is a good thing for us.
    Last edited by Houghwood Saint; 13th September 2019 at 20:43.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Is that like 'I F*ckin Hate Wigan'? Really things like that are just harmless banter. We are your biggest rivals, that stuff is just par for the course. I genuinely come on here to speak about rugby in the rare times i do post. I speak with other clubs' fans to on RLFans, its only you Cas and Hull KR who have alienated yourelves from it. I get the OP though in regards to the blatant Warrington trolling but that was to be expected. I am sure plenty of Saints fans would have been straight on their board if the result was reversed. Thats just run of the mill stuff. Nothing to get in a twist over. I agree with another poster, i think its good for your board to have passing traffic. Even the ones who say they dont like it must appreciate the views of other fans. Sometimes the clearer perspective is from someone who isnt emotionally involved.
    There is a difference between people like yourself that can be constructive and the ars**oles from Warrington that have come on recently. I don't use other forums, so a genuine question, in what way have the clubs you mentioned alienated themselves?

Show me where I say “I hate Wigan” ? Some of my best times at a rugby match have been against Wigan.

Good Friday and Grand Final (excluding 2014, which I missed because my wife booked a holiday on the wrong weekend which nearly ended in divorce!) are the only two games I can guarantee not to miss, regardless. When I start a job, I have it contractually inserted that I do not work Good Friday.....

The guy who HAS got that on his tag line isn’t on Wigan forum posting about Saints, hiding behind “measured responses”

I read lots of rival forums, I NEVER EVER post on them. I have too much respect, but more importantly I’ll always have Saints tinted glasses on and will never be able to be neutral and that will ALWAYS end in getting mobbed and shot down by the greater number.

Although........ I might change that if we win the GF and make 20 bogus profiles on RLfans and $hit all over Warrington’s set.......

Thick As Mince

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    There is a difference between people like yourself that can be constructive and the ars**oles from Warrington that have come on recently. I don't use other forums, so a genuine question, in what way have the clubs you mentioned alienated themselves?
    I meant in terms of forums Belgian. The 'go to' place is Rl Fans generally but the clubs mentioned don't post on there, the easiest place to interact with other fans. This is the only place to get a St Helens perspective but some folk want to just chase anyone out that doesn't wear a red v.

Thick As Mince

Show me where I say “I hate Wigan” ? Some of my best times at a rugby match have been against Wigan.

Good Friday and Grand Final (excluding 2014, which I missed because my wife booked a holiday on the wrong weekend which nearly ended in divorce!) are the only two games I can guarantee not to miss, regardless. When I start a job, I have it contractually inserted that I do not work Good Friday.....

The guy who HAS got that on his tag line isn’t on Wigan forum posting about Saints, hiding behind “measured responses”

I read lots of rival forums, I NEVER EVER post on them. I have too much respect, but more importantly I’ll always have Saints tinted glasses on and will never be able to be neutral and that will ALWAYS end in getting mobbed and shot down by the greater number.

Although........ I might change that if we win the GF and make 20 bogus profiles on RLfans and $hit all over Warrington’s set.......
    No, i know you don't use that tag line. It was an example of the harmless side of banter. My 'measured responses' aren't that measured at all really. I watch what i type of course within reason as i understand that this is a forum you need to be a member of and is probably 95% St Helens fans. It's not like RL Fans where you can just flick through boards so yes i try not to go OTT. A bit of banter here and there naturally. No point in being sensible every minute of every day. I don't think it's an issue of respect either, i don't even see how that makes sense. If the only Wigan board was our other one i am pretty sure Saints and other teams' fans would be registered on there. You are top of the league, the team to beat and got to the challenge cup final so naturally there is a lot going on at Saints and other fans like talking about these things. I could understand if it was somebody like Dewsbury where nothing of note happens and nobody is really interested.

Personally don’t mind the likes of Rogues who contributes quite a lot and is in the main quite balanced

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I meant in terms of forums Belgian. The 'go to' place is Rl Fans generally but the clubs mentioned don't post on there, the easiest place to interact with other fans. This is the only place to get a St Helens perspective but some folk want to just chase anyone out that doesn't wear a red v.
    Thx.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post

He probably is very knowledgeable but he's also a patronising sod and I don't see how he can expect an easy ride when he mentions the other lot every 5 minutes. That said, I enjoy the banter and don't want anyone banned, I've had it enough times and probably deserved it most times. There's no point in this type of forum without differing opinions.

Learning All The Songs

Rlfans died a death years ago. Got filled with a mix of parody accounts, trolls and morons incapable of stringing a couple of sentences together. Judging by the recent influx of Wire fans on here from there it seems little has changed

No, i know you don't use that tag line. It was an example of the harmless side of banter. My 'measured responses' aren't that measured at all really. I watch what i type of course within reason as i understand that this is a forum you need to be a member of and is probably 95% St Helens fans. It's not like RL Fans where you can just flick through boards so yes i try not to go OTT. A bit of banter here and there naturally. No point in being sensible every minute of every day. I don't think it's an issue of respect either, i don't even see how that makes sense. If the only Wigan board was our other one i am pretty sure Saints and other teams' fans would be registered on there. You are top of the league, the team to beat and got to the challenge cup final so naturally there is a lot going on at Saints and other fans like talking about these things. I could understand if it was somebody like Dewsbury where nothing of note happens and nobody is really interested.
    When I talk about respect I mean I wouldn’t go on another teams forum and start spouting pro-Saints propaganda to people who wouldn’t want to know about it. I’m happy to read with interest however I think it’s easy to descend into trolling.

Not that I’m accusing you, I have no issue with you being on here but with Rogues, if he thinks we are perennial cheats, thinks our players “soil” their shorts and holds such disdain for us, why does he want to spend time on here (pretending to give a balanced view) if not to be a low-level $hitstirrer......

Each to their own and I repeat if people come on here and have an opinion that’s fine, but to run back to a Wigan forum and call us all a bunch of cheats isn’t really balanced!

:-)

Banned

From what I can see Rogues and Rubber Duckie are just a bit sad whilst the other one Superblue is a definite window licker. I do think the Leigh and the Cas fan post some good stuff as does Wiganer. To be honest threads like the Swinton one are generic to all RL fans.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    From what I can see Rogues and Rubber Duckie are just a bit sad whilst the other one Superblue is a definite window licker. I do think the Leigh and the Cas fan post some good stuff as does Wiganer. To be honest threads like the Swinton one are generic to all RL fans.
    RG just lulls people into a false sense of security by posting some good stuff and then dropping several thread wreckers and Pie related crap.
    Good for him, in a manner of speaking as lots can see through his game, that he can con so many of you.
    A few decent posters from other clubs on here, but the Wire dickheads should be banned en masse.
    IMO of course.........
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Banned

I wouldn't say RG cons people I think most see him as a saddo who hopes people will respond to him in a virtual way. He is the modern day version of Jasper Carrots idiot on the bus. I do agree with many that on the board of another club you should show some respect as you would in a bar for instance. Superblue wouldn't dare behave in a verbal context in a bar as he does on here from his/her secure accommodation.

Starting A Programme Collection newport dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    LOL
    Are all the dave’s on here Snowflakes
    Not a snowflake, would rather discuss rugby with an intelligent adult, not some juvenile idiot....

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Still in Newport....still no nearer home.........

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Last time I was on here was straight after the CC Final, and said I was going to give this place a swerve for a bit because it would become a crapfest. Thought I'd pop back to air some thoughts.

This forum
    A quick skim through the posts and I can see it got as bad as I imagined. What I can't understand is why Mods/Admin have allowed so many gobshites from other clubs to troll with impunity. Some have been more subtle than others but, at a time when we're all hurting bad, I'd advocate just deleting all posts from fans of other clubs. None of us want it rubbed-in, or sneering dressed up as 'serious' questions. F*** 'em. This is a Saints fans site, not a democracy.

CC Final
    That performance just screamed 'bottled it'. Too many players - key players we rely on - had stinkers and collectively they seemed to let that disgraceful decision to 'no try' Knowles' try play on their minds. Wire defended ridiculously well, but we were the architects of our own downfall. We didn't look to have consistent shape in attack, few dummy runners or other moves to bamboozle the defence, and fell into the trap of attacking individually. I couldn't be there (stupidly never thought about dates when booking a holiday at the start of 2019) but watched it on TV and that hurt probably more than Murrayfield did (and I was at Murrayfield!). Probably because the Murrayfield loss came amidst a period when we were overall top dogs and silverware wasn't a problem. We're now in a desperate position regarding trophies in recent years - 1 in eleven years for a giant of the game is pathetic, especially when inferior teams like Leeds (several times!) and the piescum have been racking up SL titles, [B]and even Wire have 3 CC's.[/B]

Aftermath & Run-In
    I avoided all things RL for nearly a fortnight after the final - newspapers, tv, internet. I couldn't face it. I also missed the Cas game (travelling home that evening). Other than clocking the score, I never bothered to read a report on it but I can imagine how it went. So my first tentative step back to the game came on Friday at TTWS. I wasn't filled with enthusiasm but hoped being there would rekindle the spirit. It didn't. I've never been so disinterested in a game. At half time, I was actually pondering going home and spent half the game on my phone. It wasn't a great game, sure, but that wasn't the issue. I hope the play-offs & GF get me going, or next year will be me not bothering to go more often than not.

Holbrook
    He's been instrumental in turning the club around and for that he'll always have our thinks. But perhaps the question marks about his ability to deliver trophies are valid. That team, and squad is head and shoulders above any other in the British game, so to lose like that against a pretty ordinary Wire side is poor. A GF win would help rid him of a growing tag of not quite having it. But perhaps a change in coach is what we need and him swanning back to Aus is a good thing for us.
    We've got 4 pal, thanks to your lot.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LastRites View Post
    We've got 4 pal, thanks to your lot.
    It's nice of you to take the time to sign upto a Saints message board, to post that
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Quote Originally Posted by LastRites View Post
    We've got 4 pal, thanks to Hicks optician.
    Fixed that for you, fan of the 11th most successful club......

Learning All The Songs

Fixed that for you, fan of the 11th most successful club......
    I think you mean proctologist, you know with his head being stuck up his own arse.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    It's nice of you to take the time to sign upto a Saints message board, to post that
    Cheers mate! Look forward to the banter.

Noooobie

Thanks! Couldn't have done it without your team!