Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Player signings for next season

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    Still undecided about Richardson but I'm surprised that we'd let him go with a new coach coming in. You would have thought that Woolf would want to have a close look at him at the very least

I'm not convinced he has much of a say, not yet anyway

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    How much say or influence do you think the new coach will have / had on these decisions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As above as suspect little at first

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    How long was Paulo's contract?

3yrs

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by wirefox View Post
    3yrs
    Then there's no motive for him to leave

Learning All The Songs

Exactly. Unless Holebrook can do us a favour and take him with him.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Could be homesick - they are expecting another baby

In The West Stand

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    Could enjoy working with Holbrook, prefers the style of play in the NRL compared to here etc - all the reasons usually given when players are being rumoured as being chased by NRL clubs.

No idea if any of them true; though it seems like Richardson to Cas for a fee (funded by Gale to Leeds for 150k) seems a done deal reading the Cas forum (seeing the Cas fans refer to Matty Smith as a reason Saints are poor judges of young halfbacks is amusing). In isolation though it wouldn’t make much sense, letting Richardson go is unlikely to free up enough funds to bring someone else in, and would leave us struggling cover.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    Fingers crossed

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Banned

I know I'll probably get shot down for this but I was well impressed with Lee Mossop the other night, not a stunning player but seemed to be on the field a lot, ran hard and didn't make many mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I know I'll probably get shot down for this but I was well impressed with Lee Mossop the other night, not a stunning player but seemed to be on the field a lot, ran hard and didn't make many mistakes.
    Looked a world beater on loan at huddersfield/ early days at wigan, then went to Oz.

7 shoulder ops tells its own story.
    Watson saw something in him and has got good service from him this year.

Likewise Dudson has been great for Salford.

After Wigan he seemed to be tossing it off at Widnes but has been
    one of their best players this season

Learning All The Songs

Yeah good on Mossop to be back on the park, Dudson was always inconsistent but Watson seems to have him in a good place.
    Thought Cooper has been good for Wire all year, the other night he was brilliant, MOM in a losing team in my eyes.
    Philbin has been very good all year, a real impact player, better than Knowles going forward at the minute though does not do as many minutes as Morgan but plays well when on the pitch. He is a few years older than our lad so he may be ahead physically.

Banned

I didn't realise Mossop had struggled with his shoulder so much, Dudson I don't really rate although he looked good against Wigan, looked in decent shape and wouldn't cost the earth. I wonder if Woolfe has some little known Tongan protege to bring with him. A 6'4" 18 stone flyer would be nice.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Yeah good on Mossop to be back on the park, Dudson was always inconsistent but Watson seems to have him in a good place.
    Thought Cooper has been good for Wire all year, the other night he was brilliant, MOM in a losing team in my eyes.
    Philbin has been very good all year, a real impact player, better than Knowles going forward at the minute though does not do as many minutes as Morgan but plays well when on the pitch. He is a few years older than our lad so he may be ahead physically.
    Philbin's dad was a good player but became an adopted Wiganer and ran a pub there in the late 80's.

Banned

Its a challenge to compare Philbin to Knowles. They are different types of player. Philbin offers impact and power off the bench and is a direct runner. Knowles is more of a ball player and a hitter in defence. Different players in my opinion but very good players.

Upside
    Non Members

When Mossop first came on the scene I thought he would be an International forward for years to come

His performances dropped for several,years, various reasons I suspect but good to see him back competing well

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

You really annoy me.
    The feeling is mutual David

There you go, I've given you a response. Treasure it, because you won't be getting another.

Regards,

STEVO

Noooobie

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/three...-helens-22644/
    Confirmed departures at the end of the season

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Well said stevo
    Behave yourself brown nose.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Janos View Post
    https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/three...-helens-22644/
    Confirmed departures at the end of the season
    Swift's departure to Hull was know about earlier in the season, didn't realise Luke Douglas was retiring - but has put in some games in his career, so not a surprise. Seems he had a good season at Leigh this year. Good luck to both.

Was Ryan Morgan sold to London, rather than loaned?

Will be interesting to see if we bring anyone else in for next season and the new coach's ideas on both recruitment and style of play. Would be nice to see a couple of signings. Priority areas for me would be an experienced, quality half back (not many of those around) a dynamic second row/loose and an extra prop (especially if Lees is not ready to come back in so soon). Even though some players will be more developed a year on - think we are missing a touch extra that some signings could bring.

Banned

Liar liar pants on fire
    Eh? Are you for real? Go away you soppy bore.

Banned

Or what?
    Seriously?

Your patter is as bad as that Wire clown.

Back on topic.

Does this mean Amor has signed a new deal ?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Christopher View Post
    Swift's departure to Hull was know about earlier in the season, didn't realise Luke Douglas was retiring - but has put in some games in his career, so not a surprise. Seems he had a good season at Leigh this year. Good luck to both.

Was Ryan Morgan sold to London, rather than loaned?

Will be interesting to see if we bring anyone else in for next season and the new coach's ideas on both recruitment and style of play. Would be nice to see a couple of signings. Priority areas for me would be an experienced, quality half back (not many of those around) a dynamic second row/loose and an extra prop (especially if Lees is not ready to come back in so soon). Even though some players will be more developed a year on - think we are missing a touch extra that some signings could bring.
    He was loaned, it would seem bizarre to say bye to a player who hasn't even trained with us this year.

At least Douglas has been in and around the club each week

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Back on topic.

Does this mean Amor has signed a new deal ?
    Good call. I hope not, he's been alright in the second half of the season but nothing special and he's getting on.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Seriously?

Your patter is as bad as that Wire clown.
    Seriously? Are you ok, pal? Ive got FRANK’s number if you need it. You need to talk to someone i think. Im all for giving less fortunate people my time but im undecided as to whether you are remedial, alcoholic, 9 years of age, a troll, autistic or from Wigan
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies