Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Player signings for next season

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    The last bit of that says thet you don't think he will be leaving.

I hope he stays patient and he plays the long game. Money comes with continuous performance improvement. I hope Richo buckles down and learn your trade like Longy did and realise Saints is a great club and not too many youngsters who leave bite us on the bum.

If he does not fancy that try and get some money for him. We would then need some half back cover. If he stays I think we need to look at a good utility player like Jason Hooper/Vinny Anderson/Gilmore, otherwise we are too reliant on Paulo/Taia or Our centres staying healthy as I dont feel Costello is any more than a very occasional player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nighthorse View Post
    Has Richardson been in and demanded a salary uplift though? Perhaps the lad wants to play regular superleague? If I were him I'd be confident I could play regularly at the top level after a full year doing so.

I could be wrong like and it could all be about the dollar!

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Allegedly. He probably would play every week elsewhere but I doubt that team would be in the mix for trophies.

Agreed if it was a hull kr or a Wakefield but I thing cas have got enough about them to be in and amongst the big boys. Get into the play offs and you're in with a shout.

Worst case for me would be DR going to CAS, him fulfilling his potential there and then the goons signing him in his mid twenties and him sticking it to us!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nighthorse View Post
    Agreed if it was a hull kr or a Wakefield but I thing cas have got enough about them to be in and amongst the big boys. Get into the play offs and you're in with a shout.

Worst case for me would be DR going to CAS, him fulfilling his potential there and then the goons signing him in his mid twenties and him sticking it to us!

I doubt he'll go to Cas when they have Trueman.

Banned

I think it is more likely to be Salford if he goes, if he or his adviser is realistic regard his worth is another thing. I get what the poster is saying regarding players coming back to bite us but who really has? Lee Briers took a step down to Wire and yes to the end of his time he finally picked up a couple of medals but did he bite us? NO Goulding left under a cloud in the end but I am glad we kept him. I cannot think of one player who has really done us "except" perhaps Gary Connolly and blame the club for that one.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    I think it is more likely to be Salford if he goes, if he or his adviser is realistic regard his worth is another thing. I get what the poster is saying regarding players coming back to bite us but who really has? Lee Briers took a step down to Wire and yes to the end of his time he finally picked up a couple of medals but did he bite us? NO Goulding left under a cloud in the end but I am glad we kept him. I cannot think of one player who has really done us "except" perhaps Gary Connolly and blame the club for that one.
    Matty Smith.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Altho. the posters on this site disagree re: your comments about what your Wigin friends say . It could certainly be true if they were to win the G/F again , & we win nowt . Signing Hastings & Burgess will certainly boost them as well for next season .
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    Fages is signed up for two years.
    Lewis Dodd coming up on the rails.

Was a protest vote against Matty Smith,
    rather than a young gun grabbing a shirt.

Nothing against him just think he was
    overpromoted and a bit overhyped.

I can see him going.
    Nail on lheadl

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Im not defending Richardson here. I think he would benefit from a move. But plenty other teams would welcome him i think. I speak to fans of other teams who do rate him. We can’t really compare him to Sean Long. That isn’t fair on him. When he was fighting with Matty Smith for the shirt he looked very promising but ever since he got the regular 7 jersey last year it started to go downhill. He is absolutely not a patch on Fages IMO. He is capable of the odd nice touch but he just doesn’t run close enough to the defensive line. He doesn’t get his shirt dirty. Does he have an attitude? I don’t know. Their was rumours pre season but they could have been bollocks. Jamie Foster?? Maybe.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Im not defending Richardson here. I think he would benefit from a move. But plenty other teams would welcome him i think. I speak to fans of other teams who do rate him. We can’t really compare him to Sean Long. That isn’t fair on him. When he was fighting with Matty Smith for the shirt he looked very promising but ever since he got the regular 7 jersey last year it started to go downhill. He is absolutely not a patch on Fages IMO. He is capable of the odd nice touch but he just doesn’t run close enough to the defensive line. He doesn’t get his shirt dirty. Does he have an attitude? I don’t know. Their was rumours pre season but they could have been bollocks. Jamie Foster?? Maybe.
    That nails it for me, we know his defense isn't the best but he's not on his own as a half with that, however, he seems to be scared of talking a hit and as such is very predictable. He's probably more talented than Fages, and more of a natural half but he's not got even half the bottle Fages has.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Matty Smith.
    playing against us or by re-signing.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Had Richardson came up with a couple of the try assists that Fages did the other night, they would certainly have got more recognition I’m sure of that. The kick for the Makinson try and then the vision to turn in the last defender for the try in the corner down the short side were both classy plays, great vision.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Had Richardson came up with a couple of the try assists that Fages did the other night, they would certainly have got more recognition I’m sure of that. The kick for the Makinson try and then the vision to turn in the last defender for the try in the corner down the short side were both classy plays, great vision.
    Agreed. does not get the credit he deserves.

The issue is that between him and lomax neither
    has a long kicking game or is a goal kicker.

That's only 50% his fault.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Mander View Post
    playing against us or by re-signing.
    Just winning things to be honest although I don't put that down to him and did miss that kick at Old Trafford in 2014.

I agree to a point with that. I think that would be 100% spot on last year but less so this year. I think some of the good things Richardson has done this year have been overlooked because of his defensive frailties.
    Possibly a similar situation with Theo not getting the credit he deserves attacking wise because we are heavily focussed on his outstanding defence.
    It's a strange one because we often try to balance the fors and against and should pay more attention to the individual plays.

In The South Stand

I have thought Richardson has played well on the occasions he has come in the team this year , I think we should let the new coach decide after he has seen Richardson play , I think that Richardson like a lot are about confidence and his first season in first team he was full of confidence I would also hate in to come back in some other teams colours and have a blinder.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    That nails it for me, we know his defense isn't the best but he's not on his own as a half with that, however, he seems to be scared of talking a hit and as such is very predictable. He's probably more talented than Fages, and more of a natural half but he's not got even half the bottle Fages has.
    Your right about defence, Peyroux missed eight tackles at Hull which i think is shocking, but now he’s a fan’s favourite nothing is said. I don’t know if the RFL do stats on each individual player at the end of the season. But i’d reckon Peyroux is either 1st or 2nd for the most missed tackles in the Saints squad. I myself think he’s been very average this season, and i wouldn’t have given him an extra year at the club.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    I have thought Richardson has played well on the occasions he has come in the team this year , I think we should let the new coach decide after he has seen Richardson play , I think that Richardson like a lot are about confidence and his first season in first team he was full of confidence I would also hate in to come back in some other teams colours and have a blinder.
    I sometimes wonder if he is a bit like Shaun Johnson when he was at NZ Warriors - only rarely would he take on the line and that was generally towards end of game when tiredness and gaps emerged. When SJ moved to Cronulla I asume he was asked to do more -and did do to some extent.
    Whether Richardson will respond to a new coach saying you have to offer more now or if he will have to move to grow that side of his game only time will tell.

Re Albert Vete- he had a shoulder op in July and has said it went well. Not heard anything down here about any moves to Superleague or Saints.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny NZ View Post
    I sometimes wonder if he is a bit like Shaun Johnson when he was at NZ Warriors - only rarely would he take on the line and that was generally towards end of game when tiredness and gaps emerged. When SJ moved to Cronulla I asume he was asked to do more -and did do to some extent.
    Whether Richardson will respond to a new coach saying you have to offer more now or if he will have to move to grow that side of his game only time will tell.

Re Albert Vete- he had a shoulder op in July and has said it went well. Not heard anything down here about any moves to Superleague or Saints.
    Has he played much recently

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_down_under View Post
    Has he played much recently
    No not since end of June- was his last game in the Intrust League ( playing for Storm's feeder club) Personally dont think him not getting start for the Storm should reflect badly on him as they have heaps of good forwards. Do wonder how the shoulder surgery will play out though.

Starting A Programme Collection

I agree, apart from Hastings there is no other scrum half in S/L who I would have before Theo. He has progressed through the season and he now appears to have much more time to make decisions hence an improved kicking and passing game. I am looking forward to seeing him and Lomax turning it on next term.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    Your right about defence, Peyroux missed eight tackles at Hull which i think is shocking, but now he’s a fan’s favourite nothing is said. I don’t know if the RFL do stats on each individual player at the end of the season. But i’d reckon Peyroux is either 1st or 2nd for the most missed tackles in the Saints squad. I myself think he’s been very average this season, and i wouldn’t have given him an extra year at the club.
    Peyroux is your new Wilkin I assume?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    Peyroux is top of the list for missed tackles at Saints. He is 16th in the league.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Starting A Programme Collection Roger Moore's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Andy Platt.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

In The South Stand

Lets add a bit of balance to this. Most teams attack most on their left side,so Peyroux has to do more defence so will miss more tackles. Is there a stat for how many he actually made ?

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Moore View Post
    Andy Platt.
    One of the darkest days in my memory of Saints, he was sold to pay for the legal costs of the Shelford debacle.
    I understand the legals saying we had a favourable winning case but if we had won, we would have had a player that did not want to play for us. So we went to court and lost a player that was outstanding for us. Totally bizarre and farcical !!