Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 37 of 37

Thread: Cheer leaders

  1. #26
    Got A Replica Shirt
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Engagement with the community

    Offering nice experiences to young people

    Getting people involved

    Giving them positive memories and experiences

    They do no harm and any addition to match day entertainment is a good thing, of you don't like it don't watch
    This sums it up. Lets be inclusive and take youngsters with us. The days of the boys pen are over thankfully. It always stunk of pee anyway.

  2. #27
    Starting A Programme Collection St Willy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Newton Le Willows
    Posts
    726
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Getting involved in the saints community or them be drunk and disorderly over the park on friday nights. Tough one that. Whats the alternative, sit in silence for the 15 minutes.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  3. #28
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    739
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    A few people giving opinions on other threads that the game needs to attract new blood. On the threads many giving ideas what should be done to achieve this (all being done presently), the main topic being including the community. This is an initiative involving the community, similar to the kids walking out with the players and some form of positive game day experience. ( I do agree with Dux allowing an atmosphere to build is better than forcing it loudly on a speaker but most of life now has this trend, part of labeling and pigeon holing to build a demographic to measure for statistics)
    Some still find a whinge in it!!
    Serious question has anyone got a forward thinking unique vision that is non sexual/alcohol/illegal drug funded to assist with attracting new fans and sponsors ?

  4. #29
    In The South Stand Dux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    3,706
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    A few people giving opinions on other threads that the game needs to attract new blood. On the threads many giving ideas what should be done to achieve this (all being done presently), the main topic being including the community. This is an initiative involving the community, similar to the kids walking out with the players and some form of positive game day experience. ( I do agree with Dux allowing an atmosphere to build is better than forcing it loudly on a speaker but most of life now has this trend, part of labeling and pigeon holing to build a demographic to measure for statistics)
    Some still find a whinge in it!!
    Serious question has anyone got a forward thinking unique vision that is non sexual/alcohol/illegal drug funded to assist with attracting new fans and sponsors ?
    I think more rugby-related stuff would help build the sense of an ‘event’. PDRL and women’s curtain raisers would be good for the community and also represent the kind of thing sponsors would like to be associated with. And given that everyone is there because they like RL, it would be the surest way of providing entertainment that would appeal to everyone.

  5. #30
    Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Moss Bank
    Posts
    1,625
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Get Neil back , remember the quote "look at this its grass" don't think the wire supporters were impressed we were in the "eddy" , the wife was laughing her yed off winding them up , top bird is the wife lol.
    Last edited by roy litherland; 8th September 2019 at 17:11.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

  6. #31
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    268
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Of all the things to create a new account and write your first post for...
    My thoughts also.

  7. #32
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    739
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I think more rugby-related stuff would help build the sense of an ‘event’. PDRL and women’s curtain raisers would be good for the community and also represent the kind of thing sponsors would like to be associated with. And given that everyone is there because they like RL, it would be the surest way of providing entertainment that would appeal to everyone.
    Yes Dux the support from the Womens & Junior matches families, schools and friends would certainly help boost the gate.
    I think a shorter match can avoid the feeling of being RL `d out as some feel at Magic.
    As Ralph mentioned on one post just get down and support the lads.
    There seems to be apathy surrounding our game, it is a unique team sport, where physical violence is rightly encouraged with not too small levels of skill, speed and endurance are required. If we with our successful town team cannot appreciate that we are up the river as a sport.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 8th September 2019 at 11:47. Reason: spelling

  8. #33
    Noooobie Roger Moore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Warrington
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Doesn't really bother me one way or the other, but whats the problem. If it's encouraging kids and they enjoy it, all well and good.
    Loyal and true, not a glory hunter.

  9. #34
    Got A Season Ticket antwnsaint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    At my desk
    Posts
    215
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I'd like them a bit if they danced to proper music.

  10. #35
    RedVee Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    LP SW Corner
    Posts
    9,749
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pramtown View Post
    didn’t Saints let fans send in requests of songs they’d like to be played. I can’t remember how it was done or whether they still do it.
    They made a Spotify playlist. I still have it in my Spotify account. After a while, it became subject to a few dubious tracks and it hasn't been updated since last year so I'm guessing it's a dead project now...

    https://open.spotify.com/user/h2h5v9...T967vW5136MIZw


  11. #36
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Blatherings on WA12RL radio.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service
    Posts
    8,080
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Shocker of a thread....get to know the clubs as a whole!
    Learned comment from The Don

  12. #37
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    707
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedVee Admin View Post
    They made a Spotify playlist. I still have it in my Spotify account. After a while, it became subject to a few dubious tracks and it hasn't been updated since last year so I'm guessing it's a dead project now...

    https://open.spotify.com/user/h2h5v9...T967vW5136MIZw
    There's some decent track on that to be fair. A few dodgy ones too mind.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •