Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Shaun Wane

Learning All The Songs

Default Shaun Wane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51uKVybW4qQ

AS much as we all hated the bloke watch this interview and you'll end up liking him a little bit more?

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51uKVybW4qQ

AS much as we all hated the bloke watch this interview and you'll end up liking him a little bit more?
    Listened to the podcast on the way to work.

His younger life and how he was brought up beggars belief. I’ve always had respect for the guy as a great motivator and who can coach the best out of some average guys but imho you’ve got to admire him for going from running away from home at 15 with one trainer and a ripped shirt to the success he’s had. Must have been a very difficult childhood.

Still lives in the same house he bought when he was 24 as well, success certainly hasn’t taken him away from his roots.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Most of it was a good insight of his tough life ad how he has survived and prospered, but I found some elements of it disturbing and how it reflects that "Thugby" style to win at all costs. Cassidy was once my neighbour a couple of doors away, not knowing I was a saints supporter he use to give me a brief insight into the clubs "dark arts doctrine", whilst it got results I found it a bit risky when they leave the club or eventually leave the game.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post

His younger life and how he was brought up beggars belief.
    Sounds pretty standard for growing up in wi*an.

Learning All The Songs

I saw this thread this morning and read it a Shane Warne, and wondered why?

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Most of it was a good insight of his tough life ad how he has survived and prospered, but I found some elements of it disturbing and how it reflects that "Thugby" style to win at all costs. Cassidy was once my neighbour a couple of doors away, not knowing I was a saints supporter he use to give me a brief insight into the clubs "dark arts doctrine", whilst it got results I found it a bit risky when they leave the club or eventually leave the game.

Agreed, I’m sure lots of ex-players (Not just Wigan) are lucky not to have served time at her majesty’s pleasure because let’s be honest, you’re not normal in the head to play the game...... (I include myself in that description before anyone calls me out)
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Hate admit it but I've I've met the bloke a few times and he's always been pleasant, including a sketch on the morning of a derby at the driving range near Rainford when I knocked over 3/3 "conversions" over the rugby sticks on the range after him saying I couldn't and my nephew celebrating like we'd won the game. I guess he got the last laugh as I'm fairly certain we lost.