Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Relegation

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Default Relegation

4 sides on 20 points, looks like coming down to points difference.

Wakefield -124
    Huddersfield -207
    Hull KR -219
    London -273

Huddersfield v Catalan
    Salford v Hull KR
    Wakefield v London

All teams know that a win keeps them up.

Would back Huddersfield to turn over Catalan on Catalans current form. Would also expect Salford to beat Hull KR. Wakey v London who knows? But could be a very nervous week for Hull KR.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Thought the HKR vs London game was exciting to watch.

Brock Lamb impressed me in the halves for London. First time I've seen much of him and he looked a real threat ball in hand and had some nice touches. At SL level at least.

Interesting to see what'll happen with him next year- I know the Roosters have signed another half to add to the fold for next year.

Could be another Jackson Hastings in our competition, who's been really good for Salford.

Who will get relegated? Can't call it. I thought HKR would beat London tonight.

Regards,

STEVO

Please tell me they are all playing at the same time

I think Wakefield should just about have enough at home and send London back down

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    Thought the HKR vs London game was exciting to watch.

Brock Lamb impressed me in the halves for London. First time I've seen much of him and he looked a real threat ball in hand and had some nice touches. At SL level at least.

Interesting to see what'll happen with him next year- I know the Roosters have signed another half to add to the fold for next year.

Could be another Jackson Hastings in our competition, who's been really good for Salford.

Who will get relegated? Can't call it. I thought HKR would beat London tonight.

Regards,

STEVO
    A bit condescending.

Got A Season Ticket UhAhGeorgie Mann's Avatar

Really hope London do it. Nobody gave them a prayer at the start of the season. Can't see Hull KR beating Salford so hopefully they can send Maguire and that shit house tomkins down. Great break by Morgan at the end. Thought he'd blown it by not passing to Dixon but it was the right decision.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I think Wakefield should just about have enough at home and send London back down
    Funny thing is Wakey could lose at home to London and as long as either Huddersfield or KR lose they are still safe.

Banned

No pressure on London really. Nobody gave them a hope in hell and now a 50-50 chance of staying up. They might just do it.

Always hated HKR. Just never found it a nice place to visit be it the original ground or the new place. I wouldn't be overly gutted to see them down again.
    That said at least they can pull a crowd and take a decent following.
    Huddersfield are a basket case. A few years ago they had a really good side, got pipped for the league leaders but still no bugger turns up. Feel sorry for Ken Davy ploughed a fortune in and nobody interested.
    Wakefield have blagged it for years claiming a new ground in the offing it's never going to happen, absolute shit tip. Half decent side but again nobody watching them.
    Clearly London don't benefit other clubs much with away travel but the presence does add some credibility to the competition and create some media interest. Good away day too!
    On balance Huddersfield are the weakest link and I hope it's goodbye to them. Plus we get rid of the tw** with the cowbell.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Catalans have nothing to play for next week so i think Huddersfield will get the win. Salford should beat Rovers too.
    Rovers will be praying that Wakefield do the business over London.

Ive got a feeling London will sneak the win at Wakefield and Rovers will go down on points difference.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Always hated HKR. Just never found it a nice place to visit be it the original ground or the new place. I wouldn't be overly gutted to see them down again.
    Huddersfield are a basket case. A few years ago they had a really good side, got pipped for the league leaders but still no bugger turns up. Feel sorry for Ken Davy ploughed a fortune in and nobody interested.
    Wakefield have blagged it for years claiming a new ground in the offing it's never going to happen, absolute shit tip. Half decent side but again nobody watching them.
    Clearly London don't benefit other clubs much with away travel but the presence does add some credibility to the competition and create some media interest. Good away day too!
    On balance Huddersfield are the weakest link and I hope it's goodbye to them. Plus we get rid of the tw** with the cowbell.
    A few years ago they had a really good side, got pipped for the league leaders

They won the league leaders shield mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Lager View Post
    A few years ago they had a really good side, got pipped for the league leaders

They won the league leaders shield mate.
    Aye, sorry having a mad moment. I was thinking of that game when Leeds did them in the last seconds.

The point stands despite having that very good team nobody watched them. Poor show.

Aye, sorry having a mad moment. I was thinking of that game when Leeds did them in the last seconds.

The point stands despite having that very good team nobody watched them. Poor show.
    It might be the birthplace of RL, but Hudds is a football town

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Catalans have nothing to play for next week so i think Huddersfield will get the win. Salford should beat Rovers too.
    Rovers will be praying that Wakefield do the business over London.

Ive got a feeling London will sneak the win at Wakefield and Rovers will go down on points difference.
    Who will SKD sign for then? Toronto, Warrington?

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    They should be,,, the most exciting final day of the season i can remember for a while,,, Salford v hull kr and Wakefield v London kick off at 3pm next sunday
    All relegation threatened teams will play Fri with a 7.45pm k. O.

Banned

This exactly. Although I've always quite enjoyed Wakey away for some reason. Huddersfield are a nothing side and I believe brought less than 100 fans last night, I also hate their stadium.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Whoever goes down (apart from London) will probably blame us for the sides we put out against London!
    I've already had a HKR fan moaning to me about it at Wembley.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Whoever goes down (apart from London) will probably blame us for the sides we put out against London!
    I've already had a HKR fan moaning to me about it at Wembley.
    If they were the only points that London had, i could see their point, but they've beaten other teams, not just us.

Thought: Are Sky having table at the side of the screen on Friday nights game, to show how teams positions are moving during the game? It's probably the closest i've known across the league for bottom place, play off places (and positions in).

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    If they were the only points that London had, i could see their point, but they've beaten other teams, not just us.

Thought: Are Sky having table at the side of the screen on Friday nights game, to show how teams positions are moving during the game? It's probably the closest i've known across the league for bottom place, play off places (and positions in).
    I'll be at Hull with my shoes off. Or something

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    Who will SKD sign for then? Toronto, Warrington?
    Dunno. If everyone at Hull KR become free agents i’d take Keinhorst, Masoe and Tony Smith haha.

In The South Stand

Really hoping London stay up. Huddersfield haven't offered anything for years, I personally don't care for either of the Hull sides and wouldn't mind an end to the "big city derby", plus it means that to**er Joel Tomkins (why wasn't he red carded for the punch he threw which connected with the head of the London player, clear as day?) is either relegated or looking for a new club, and Wakey are always short staffed and seem to survive most seasons by the skin of their teeth.

Learning All The Songs

Hopefully one of Wakefield or Huddersfield go down. Two pointless clubs with terrible stadiums for different reasons.

Got A Season Ticket

There's usually a decent atmosphere at Wakey if there's a good away following Huddersfield is a terrible place to go especially early season when if it's a cold night game
    I think London will beat Wakey Giants beat Catalans and HKR end up getting relegated

I think the john smiths is a great stadium,, plus our old Knowsley road ground wasn't exactly swanky
    No but it had a much better atmosphere than the John Smiths stadium.

Banned

I think the john smiths is a great stadium,, plus our old Knowsley road ground wasn't exactly swanky
    Maybe not but it was proper rugby stadium, a much better atmosphere and very rarely 75% empty. The only time Huddersfield is anything like full is for the football, they've even stopped playing semi's there it's and using Bolton it's that crap.