Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 110

Thread: 19 man squad v Huddersfield

  1. #26
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,487
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Hope everyone is fully prepared for the cow bell.
    In the age of injury claims, PPI, blame culture, general snowflakery im shocked that things even legal!
    Pointless noise that drowns out all 20 Huddersfield fans!!,
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  2. #27
    In The South Stand retro74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St Helens, Lancashire
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Who was that .
    The Burgess Wigan have signed (George) has had two gouging bans. A 4 game ban for gouging a NZ player in an international and a 9 game ban for gouging Robbie Farah in an NRL game

  3. #28
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,487
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    The Burgess Wigan have signed (George) has had two gouging bans. A 4 game ban for gouging a NZ player in an international and a 9 game ban for gouging Robbie Farah in an NRL game
    I don’t think it’s malicious. He has hands like cows tits. Thats why he drops the ball half of his carries. Its a shame. A complete waste. 4 years ago he was one of the best props in the world.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  4. #29
    In The South Stand retro74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St Helens, Lancashire
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    I don’t think it’s malicious. He has hands like cows tits. Thats why he drops the ball half of his carries. Its a shame. A complete waste. 4 years ago he was one of the best props in the world.
    I agree, don’t think he does it on purpose, he’s just thick and clumsy

  5. #30
    In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    9,487
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I agree, don’t think he does it on purpose, he’s just thick and clumsy
    Yeh definitely.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

  6. #31
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Superb first half from the saints,,,,, and 2nd half too,, brilliant, my man of the match? Thomson
    Last edited by Mancunian Saint; 6th September 2019 at 20:37.

  7. #32
    In The South Stand Sean Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,023
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    A good improvement from last week. Dreadful opposition but we we did our bit.

  8. #33
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    A good improvement from last week. Dreadful opposition but we we did our bit.
    Back to our best i would say,,,, but hope percival will be ok

  9. #34
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    A good improvement from last week. Dreadful opposition but we we did our bit.
    I wasn't that impressed, I'll be honest. Dropping far too much ball. They were atrocious them, won't be sorry if they go down
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  10. #35
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,638
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Back to our best i would say,,,, but hope percival will be ok
    Much better than the last couple of weeks but still seemed a lot of dropped balls in the line and in the tackle. But, definitely going in the right direction. Great defence again.

  11. #36
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Much better than the last couple of weeks but still seemed a lot of dropped balls in the line and in the tackle. But, definitely going in the right direction. Great defence again.
    Hull fc will give us a serious work out next week

  12. #37
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I wasn't that impressed, I'll be honest. Dropping far too much ball. They were atrocious them, won't be sorry if they go down
    Yes,, plus i think hull will provide a big test next week

  13. #38
    In The South Stand The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Harrogate
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,939
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Hull fc will give us a serious work out next week
    Like the one they gave Cas?
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

  14. #39
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Wee Waa Womble View Post
    Like the one they gave Cas?
    True,, but now its shit or bust for them

  15. #40
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bury
    Posts
    656
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    another error strewn performance ( completion rate must have been shocking).If they keep playing like this we won't get anywhere near the GF.

  16. #41
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wilts
    Posts
    4,007
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    True,, but now its shit or bust for them
    They’ve been shit for a while to be honest. Even if they snook into the top 5 I wouldn’t expect them to put any sort of consistent performance together to challenge the other teams...r

  17. #42
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Litherland
    Posts
    115
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    It may seem daft after a fairly resounding win but I wasn't overly impressed . Too many unforced errors, couldn't help but think that if we'd been playing a half decent team we'd have been punished . After Wembley I was hoping for 3 really tough games before the play offs to put us in the right place for when it really matters, you'd have thought the 3 teams we still had to play would have been up for it , Cas gave us a game but Hudds were awful tonight and although I hope I'm wrong I don't expect much from Hull next week they're terrible

  18. #43
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    As saints fans,, whould would we fear most in the play offs? I want to avoid Salford

  19. #44
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    another error strewn performance ( completion rate must have been shocking).If they keep playing like this we won't get anywhere near the GF.
    Glad someone has similar concerns. We want to play at 100mph & score off every play.

    The play off games will have a slow ruck & we'll get suffocated playing panic rugby again. It's alright against the likes of that dross we played tonight. A Wigan, a Wire or quite possibly a Salford will kill us on percentages & beat us
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  20. #45
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    As saints fans,, whould would we fear most in the play offs? I want to avoid Salford
    Warrington. They have us sussed.
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  21. #46
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hahaha,,, my mrs just gave me a rather comical ultimatum, if saints get to the gf, i can either go to old Trafford or go shopping with her? Hmmmmm tough choice lol

  22. #47
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by litherland saint View Post
    It may seem daft after a fairly resounding win but I wasn't overly impressed . Too many unforced errors, couldn't help but think that if we'd been playing a half decent team we'd have been punished . After Wembley I was hoping for 3 really tough games before the play offs to put us in the right place for when it really matters, you'd have thought the 3 teams we still had to play would have been up for it , Cas gave us a game but Hudds were awful tonight and although I hope I'm wrong I don't expect much from Hull next week they're terrible
    If we get beat there next week, I really will be worried
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  23. #48
    Got A Season Ticket sinkers89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Age
    29
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Felt like the forwards where running flat when taking the ball up.

    Sloppy handling

    Hudds tried slowing our game down.


    Hope the fan taken from the West Stand by St Johns Ambulance is ok.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  24. #49
    In The South Stand Sean Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,023
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    One positive re the play offs is the defence. I agree we are still a bit careless with the ball at times and we need to sort that out sharpish. The pitches will soften up over the next month so it is highly unlikely we will win the GF by playing dazzling rugby, it rarely works out that way

    One thing in our favour is that we should be the freshest team by far and if we can turn the games into arm wrestles that should suit us

  25. #50
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    So was tonight more Huddersfield being crap or saints being great? I thought the latter to be honest

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •