Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 19 man squad v Huddersfield

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post

As an aside & way OT, that Bevan French is a really good player

Best import ever according to RLFans Pie-eaters, another Jason Robinson apparently. Give them the SL trophy now and in 2020 they’re gonna win it all with a full DW stadium.......
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

Agree with most of what’s been said, last night wasn’t great and play anything like that in the semi final/grand final we’ll struggle. However, at least we scored quite a few points which was needed after the past couple of weeks and LMS was much better. Taia looks knackered though, as he did towards the end of last season. I think his age has caught up with him. Ashworth again put in another poor contribution. 6 carries for 35 metres which now makes it 11 carries in 3 games. Dreadful really and I think there should be questions surrounding his future here, he’s our worst prop by a mile and isn’t fit enough to cope despite hardly doing anything.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Agree with most of what’s been said, last night wasn’t great and play anything like that in the semi final/grand final we’ll struggle. However, at least we scored quite a few points which was needed after the past couple of weeks and LMS was much better. Taia looks knackered though, as he did towards the end of last season. I think his age has caught up with him. Ashworth again put in another poor contribution. 6 carries for 35 metres which now makes it 11 carries in 3 games. Dreadful really and I think there should be questions surrounding his future here, he’s our worst prop by a mile and isn’t fit enough to cope despite hardly doing anything.
    I have thought the same about Ashworth for a while now, maybe put a back on the bench for cover.

Banned

I've said this before about Ashworth, he's not a prop. He doesn't seem to like doing the hard work in the middle of the pitch and is better suited to running wider but needs to lose some weight first as he doesn't look fit and doesn't carry it well. It would be a shame to lose him as there's some talent there and I think he would do good job in place of Taia.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I've said this before about Ashworth, he's not a prop. He doesn't seem to like doing the hard work in the middle of the pitch and is better suited to running wider but needs to lose some weight first as he doesn't look fit and doesn't carry it well. It would be a shame to lose him as there's some talent there and I think he would do good job in place of Taia.
    Ashworth doesn't have Taia's handling skills.

Got A Season Ticket Voll au Vent's Avatar

Ashworth again put in another poor contribution. 6 carries for 35 metres which now makes it 11 carries in 3 games. Dreadful really and I think there should be questions surrounding his future here, he’s our worst prop by a mile and isn’t fit enough to cope despite hardly doing anything.
    Do you watch the match? If you had paid attention you would have noticed that when Roby went off and Bentley moved to acting halfback, Ashworth moved to centre. That might explain his lack of metres. IMO he is not a prop. Second row is his position.

Quote Originally Posted by Voll au Vent View Post
    Do you watch the match? If you had paid attention you would have noticed that when Roby went off and Bentley moved to acting halfback, Ashworth moved to centre. That might explain his lack of metres. IMO he is not a prop. Second row is his position.
    I think the plan is for him to go back to second row. Holbrook said he wanted to simplify his game for him by playing him at prop in his first season or two. He is a perfect size for second row

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I agree, I’d like to see a season of him at second row with him being fully fit before completely writing him off. I do find the way he tires so easily a massive concern though.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Voll au Vent View Post

It’s been the same for the whole season though, he stats are shocking and he can’t keep up with play after about 10 minutes. I agree that second row is his position though.

Banned

I agree, I’d like to see a season of him at second row with him being fully fit before completely writing him off. I do find the way he tires so easily a massive concern though.
    Again, I think that's down to him being too heavy, he actually had some pace when he was lighter and fitness can be worked on.

Are we allowed to bring Douglas back in or was he shifted off the cap? I should know this but I don't so apologies

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Are we allowed to bring Douglas back in or was he shifted off the cap? I should know this but I don't so apologies
    Don't think we can or his total salary would count on the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Don't think we can or his total salary would count on the cap.
    Thanks. We are short of props now. Not ideal is it

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    You were playing a shot to pieces farts team for goodness sake who just wanted the 80mins over ASAP.
    A set of Ecclestone dustbins would have provided a sterner test.
    To be fair only Catalans have given us a game this season, we played weakened team against London an we smashed Wire to pieces. Without new signing Robert Hicks they wouldn’t have beaten us in the CC final either.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    You were playing a shot to pieces farts team for goodness sake who just wanted the 80mins over ASAP.
    A set of Ecclestone dustbins would have provided a sterner test.
    'Superblue' here may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don’t let that fool you. He really is an idiot.

Learning All The Songs

Thanks. We are short of props now. Not ideal is it
    Would it not be worth it to bring Douglas in for a semi final and potentially grand final? They used to say forwards get you to finals and the back win them but im not sure that applies anymore.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Houghwood Saint View Post
    Would it not be worth it to bring Douglas in for a semi final and potentially grand final? They used to say forwards get you to finals and the back win them but im not sure that applies anymore.
    They can't. He would then have played in a salary capped match and all his salary would then count, taking them over the salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    They can't. He would then have played in a salary capped match and all his salary would then count, taking them over the salary cap.
    Good point.

You’re a fan of a salary cap cheating club, how do we get away with it??

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Good point.

You’re a fan of a salary cap cheating club, how do we get away with it??
    Difference is we want to win the GF they wanted to avoid relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Difference is we want to win the GF they wanted to avoid relegation.
    Cheating is cheating though, with Rogues being a complete hypocrite calling Saints cheats.....

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Paying a player who can't play for you, breaking "the spirit of the cap"?

Banned

Nah, you lot wouldn't dream of that. •••• off you sad old man, I'm getting sick of your nonsense.

It would actually be a detriment to us if we did that.