Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GMR Phone In

Banned

Default GMR Phone In

The GMR phone and the usual low intellects it collects will be interesting today. Im sure the Chairman’s recent comments will garner a high degree of debate. I can see protector of referee sensitivities trying to create as much controversy and attention for himself as possible. He’s already taken idiocy to new levels by challenging the chairman to a phone debate in earlier tweets.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Rod_Studd...71636387979266

Here’s a tip Rod, whilst you were Alan Partridging it up on shite radio stations with an audience in units not thousands, the Cambridge post graduate Chairman was busy earning big bucks in the corporate world. Put simply he has achieved much more than an empty vessel like you ever have or will. Stick to making yourself look a pillock at the darts and leave the serious matters for the adults.

He needs to stick to darts and dominoes that bloke. An absolute cock.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    The GMR phone and the usual low intellects it collects will be interesting today. Im sure the Chairman’s recent comments will garner a high degree of debate. I can see protector of referee sensitivities trying to create as much controversy and attention for himself as possible. He’s already taken idiocy to new levels by challenging the chairman to a phone debate in earlier tweets.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Rod_Studd...71636387979266

Here’s a tip Rod, whilst you were Alan Partridging it up on shite radio stations with an audience in units not thousands, the Cambridge post graduate Chairman was busy earning big bucks in the corporate world. Put simply he has achieved much more than an empty vessel like you ever have or will. Stick to making yourself look a pillock at the darts and leave the serious matters for the adults.
    Had enough of listening to Dearden on the way home so turned it off.

As someone who hasn't done a lot career wise, the likes of McManus I'm in awe of. He saved our club. He knows the finances inside out.

To a man, back him

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    He needs to stick to darts and dominoes that bloke. An absolute cock.
    Mate. Annoying does’nt suffice. Just shouts his silly mouth off for cheap publicity. A total wastrel who craves attention more than self respect.

He used to call himself a ‘maverick’ on his twitter bio. Which means he isn’t.
    File with Stevo under ‘fake controversialist’
    Last edited by Sean Day; 1st September 2019 at 16:50.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    He used to call himself a ‘maverick’ on his twitter bio. Which means he isn’t.
    File with Stevo under ‘fake controversialist’
    He is an absolute no mark desperate for publicity. Most people try to avoid looking an idiot, Studd craves it. His ‘candy floss’ outrage is laughable. A third rate commentator desperate to raise his profile; his twitter posts are pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    He is an absolute no mark desperate for publicity. Most people try to avoid looking an idiot, Studd craves it. His ‘candy floss’ outrage is laughable. A third rate commentator desperate to raise his profile; his twitter posts are pathetic.
    Spot on. I notice one of his main Twitter supporters in his current crusade against Saints is a chap named Ian Smith, he always jumps to Rod's defence in times of crisis

I wonder if Ian has an ax to grind? I seem to remember him reffing himself back in the day

Under Millward's tenure we had Mr Smith removed from a Saints vs Huddersfield challenge cup game when we learnt that he had been the principal guest at Huddersfield's fund raising night just before the fixture. No way should a ref be meeting with one of the clubs for a cosy chat just before a big knockout game we thought. Doesn't seem very professional that. We won the game but I'm sure Ian Smith was not happy about the decision to remove him

Cut to three years later, Saints have a new coach and a bemused Daniel Anderson absolutely roasts the referee following a narrow loss in a Saints vs Huddersfield game. The ref, who appears to have a chip on his shoulder for some unknown reason, happens to be one Ian Smith and he even over-rules his own touch judge at one point to award Huddersfield a phantom try

So yes I wonder why they are getting involved in this debate now? Echoes of the past maybe?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    Spot on. I notice one of his main Twitter supporters in his current crusade against Saints is a chap named Ian Smith, he always jumps to Rod's defence in times of crisis

I wonder if Ian has an ax to grind? I seem to remember him reffing himself back in the day

Under Millward's tenure we had Mr Smith removed from a Saints vs Huddersfield challenge cup game when we learnt that he had been the principal guest at Huddersfield's fund raising night just before the fixture. No way should a ref be meeting with one of the clubs for a cosy chat just before a big knockout game we thought. Doesn't seem very professional that. We won the game but I'm sure Ian Smith was not happy about the decision to remove him

Cut to three years later, Saints have a new coach and a bemused Daniel Anderson absolutely roasts the referee following a narrow loss in a Saints vs Huddersfield game. The ref, who appears to have a chip on his shoulder for some unknown reason, happens to be one Ian Smith and he even over-rules his own touch judge at one point to award Huddersfield a phantom try

So yes I wonder why they are getting involved in this debate now? Echoes of the past maybe?
    Great post. I raised the game you mentioned in your post above as an example of where Saints went through the channels before the match in question as it makes it more likely they did before the Warrington game.

It’s interesting seeing Studd trying to create some sort of moral crusade to feed his own need for publicity. He just looks like a prize idiot and I think your link to Smith/Studd is another dynamic to throw into the mix.

Perhaps the real motivation for Studd’s candy floss outrage is coming to light?

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Controversy. Not seen or heard anything from him so not sure how that will help.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post

It came to light years after that Ian Smith had mental health issues, maybe he still has a simmering grudge and the situation now has given him the opportunity to have a pop. Studd very much likes the sound of his own voice, the Smith + Studd combo has very little significance.

The only contribution I saw was Smith trying to say that the rule states you can only score by putting your hand on the ‘top’ of the ball, and downward pressure cant be applied down the ‘side’ of the ball, which is of course nonsense. Where does the ‘top’ begin and end on an oval ball for example? This is an experienced ref who can’t work out that downward pressure can be applied anywhere above halfway up the ball and appears to have just made his own rule up
    Last edited by Sean Day; 2nd September 2019 at 16:31.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    The only contribution I saw was Smith trying to say that the rule states you can only score by putting your hand on the top of the ball, and downward pressure cant be applied down the side of the ball, which is of course nonsense. Where does the ‘top’ begin and end on an oval ball?
    Ian Smith
    @Iansmith2468
    Lots of people on Twitter yesterday sayin ref couldn't even see the grounding n was in a poor position. T' hand is on t' side of the ball so if gone up no try then maybe he is correct. I still think it wasn't worth a gamble not to refer it. BBC needed to explore all angles at HT.
    he is his tweet about the ref and the try.... he is asking the same question the rest of us have why was it not passed to video.
    my issue is , its OK for Ian Smith to tweet this but no one else as we are adding to the abuse refs face.....cant have it both ways.. cant tweet ref got it work may be? and then say if others say that they harming refs...

Dearden's whole emphasis was based on McManus criticising Hicks (I listened until about 2.45). Which is not what he's done. Another person who has completely missed the point.

I seriously think that the broadcasters & governing body of this sport think the speccies are stupid. Mind you, totalrl forum...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Dearden's whole emphasis was based on McManus criticising Hicks (I listened until about 2.45). Which is not what he's done. Another person who has completely missed the point.

I seriously think that the broadcasters & governing body of this sport think the speccies are stupid. Mind you, totalrl forum...
    For someone that doesn't live in the UK. Who is Dearden?

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Sorry Belgian. Jack Dearden presents the Sunday sport show on BBC Radio Manchester

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Sorry Belgian. Jack Dearden presents the Sunday sport show on BBC Radio Manchester
    Thx mate.

In The South Stand

I used to listen to GMR but stopped when I got fed up to the teeth of every time that someone phoned in asking a question only to listen to Jack Dearden in fact I decided it should be renamed the Jack Dearden show .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    I used to listen to GMR but stopped when I got fed up to the teeth of every time that someone phoned in asking a question only to listen to Jack Dearden in fact I decided it should be renamed the Jack Dearden show .
    Dearden is a pest. Cuts people off who dare disagree with him.

Banned

I suppose its a sad indictment about the sport I love but broadcasting wise it attracts failures. Dearden is a Bolton fanatic who trades on his childhood alleged days supporting Oldham RL. Hemmings a failed Radio Merseyside football commentator. Both of these reached a ceiling in the round ball sport and have used RL as a self promotional vehicle. Then we come to Rod Studd who hasn't even done that, the guy is just a fool. I notice Studdy to his friend has removed himself from interviewing people in the open air bogs at Wakey to accusing red Vee of personal criticism of him. Those lads are professional in their twitter outputs and I urge you to support them on that media form.

Learning All The Songs

Isn’t it funny that GMR only cover Saints when they want to slag us off otherwise they leave it to Radio scousland who give us such priority that they have country music on FM when we play and our commentary is on MW

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I stopped listening to GMR a couple of seasons ago after Phil Kinsella got on my nerves having a go at our club and the fans.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    I suppose its a sad indictment about the sport I love but broadcasting wise it attracts failures. Dearden is a Bolton fanatic who trades on his childhood alleged days supporting Oldham RL. Hemmings a failed Radio Merseyside football commentator. Both of these reached a ceiling in the round ball sport and have used RL as a self promotional vehicle. Then we come to Rod Studd who hasn't even done that, the guy is just a fool. I notice Studdy to his friend has removed himself from interviewing people in the open air bogs at Wakey to accusing red Vee of personal criticism of him. Those lads are professional in their twitter outputs and I urge you to support them on that media form.
    Studd is a total moron, rides his silly mouth off with all kinds of bellicose nonsense then attempts to claim the moral high ground the moment the chips are down.A total shitbag and Rod if you’re reading that I hope you’re suitably offended.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I stopped listening to GMR a couple of seasons ago after Phil Kinsella got on my nerves having a go at our club and the fans.
    They are the biggest anti Saints mob going that lot.

Kinsella is a Wigan fan anyway I'm sure.

It's gone down the pan anyway, they've got them clown over from XS Manchester for the Utd stuff. They're clueless as well

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    A real odd bunch on GMR

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    I’m surprised you can’t hear him. His mouth is the size of a continent.