Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Psychologist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Got A Season Ticket

Default Psychologist

Does anyone on here know if Saints employ a sports psychologist ?????, the Raiders in the NRL appointed one this year and it's made a big difference, it is just as important for players to be mentally as well as physically prepared, they definitely went missing at Wembley.

I also totally agree with McManus's comments regards the referee in last nights program.

In The South Stand Nickles Forearm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Parrer View Post
    Does anyone on here know if Saints employ a sports psychologist ?????, the Raiders in the NRL appointed one this year and it's made a big difference, it is just as important for players to be mentally as well as physically prepared, they definitely went missing at Wembley.

I also totally agree with McManus's comments regards the referee in last nights program.
    I’d like to see the facts that show that has made the big difference and not the last 5 years of building a really good squad capable of competing against the ‘so called’ NRL big guns.
    In addition they’re yet to play finals rugby so haven’t been competed against at that next level (yet).

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nickles Forearm View Post
    I’d like to see the facts that show that has made the big difference and not the last 5 years of building a really good squad capable of competing against the ‘so called’ NRL big guns.
    In addition they’re yet to play finals rugby so haven’t been competed against at that next level (yet).
    It made a difference to Clive Woodwards world cup winning England team according to several ex players.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I've always been sceptical about sports psychology, but if ever there was a team that looked like it needed that sort of help, we are it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I think we had one in the McCrae era. About 8 years ago Matt Daniels went into a project with a Professor of Sports Science, think it was at Chester University there was some Psychology in that but it was mostly performance + strength + conditioning + nutrition based.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

We used one pre season I'm not sure about current.

One of the things they changed this season was blaming eachother when we make mistakes.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    We used one pre season I'm not sure about current.

One of the things they changed this season was blaming eachother when we make mistakes.
    We had one for years can't for the life of me remember his name met him once at a seminar , about 5'4" , black hair slim build but good shoulders , yous't to walk out behind the players a couple of years ago , never come across him for ages , PS a very quiet bloke .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

You should listen to this podcast.
    Quite informative re sports psychology https://open.spotify.com/episode/1Ax...TzKgtz6AIPl7iw

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk