Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Standard of referees

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Has OLoughlin played the ball on the mark yet?
    He's never been square at the ptb in defence either

Learning All The Songs

Drop an elbow in the back of someone’s head when they score its an 8 point try, not with Robert Dicks the pile of shite

Banned

Another belter from Captain underpants.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    To be fair he's improved as the half went on. He still looks like the yorkshire version of Tin Tin.

Could do no worse with Snowy having the Whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Drop an elbow in the back of someone’s head when they score its an 8 point try, not with Robert Dicks the pile of shite
    And the worrying thing Cummings thinks it’s ok.
    Talk about Birds of a Feather.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    And the worrying thing Cummings thinks it’s ok.
    Talk about Birds of a Feather.
    Why oh why do we have to suffer that dickhead?

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Why oh why do we have to suffer that dickhead?
    I wonder if he's still eating his crisps and drinking his lemo and keeping his neighbour's awake , "look there's me again" , as he nearly chokes on a mouthful.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs

Kendall is definitely the best referee Super League has, i thought he was pretty good last night, the only thing he got wrong in my eyes is not sin binning Clubb, there was definitely enough there to give him 10 minutes. I thought it was pretty interesting what he said to Clubb when dealing with that incident, something along the lines of ‘you need to calm down, we all have big games over the next few weeks’, i think he will get the final, looking at the other refs he is the 1 that deserves it.

That's how to ref a game , let it flow , 10 mtrs allowed the 2nd receiver to come into play which benefited Percy immensely , even great reffing with the Club incident, "c'mon lads we all wanna play in the next couple of weeks " = superb , knowing it will be dealt with , imagine retaliation by one of our lads , could have cost us dear . Always rated this lad has not far off a big game.

Kendall is definitely the best referee Super League has, i thought he was pretty good last night, the only thing he got wrong in my eyes is not sin binning Clubb, there was definitely enough there to give him 10 minutes. I thought it was pretty interesting what he said to Clubb when dealing with that incident, something along the lines of ‘you need to calm down, we all have big games over the next few weeks’, i think he will get the final, looking at the other refs he is the 1 that deserves it.
    Said it many times on here Tom , for me he's the best by a mile , ex-player , knows his stuff he's not far off a top game .

Banned

In general he was pretty good. Clubb should have got ten for me though.

What I was impressed with was that as soon as it was apparent Wigan were going to slow the PTB down and be allowed to, then so did we. We are too often mugs in this situation but we played it exactly right

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    In general he was pretty good. Clubb should have got ten for me though.
    Do for me though Cyprus, stuck FORTY on them with 13 on the pitch.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

He didn't get much wrong I only saw 2 incidents where we got the rub of the green but we had already wrapped up 30 pts by then.

Got A Season Ticket

I thought he was poor. Allowed O'Loughlin to slow down numerous ptb's, Marshall got a penalty for a flop while Walmsley was dinged for an incorrect play the ball (both incidents were identical), missed a clear repeat 6 for Wigan (overruled touch judge), gave Wigan a 7 tackle set at one point for no reason, Clubb challenge, missed a couple of cases of interference including an obvious foot in, Fages try should have gone upstairs for grounding.

Additionally Wigan were guilty of blatant obstruction on almost all of our attacking kicks; it was almost comical towards the end.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Do for me though Cyprus, stuck FORTY on them with 13 on the pitch.
    If he had got 10, would that have meant they had a moral victory?

Quote Originally Posted by ep1987 View Post
    I thought he was poor. Allowed O'Loughlin to slow down numerous ptb's, Marshall got a penalty for a flop while Walmsley was dinged for an incorrect play the ball (both incidents were identical), missed a clear repeat 6 for Wigan (overruled touch judge), gave Wigan a 7 tackle set at one point for no reason, Clubb challenge, missed a couple of cases of interference including an obvious foot in, Fages try should have gone upstairs for grounding.

Additionally Wigan were guilty of blatant obstruction on almost all of our attacking kicks; it was almost comical towards the end.
    The repeat 6 isn't that straight forward. You can't just offload into the defenders hand at point blank and expect a repeat set. It was a 50/50 and it went our way.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Banned

He had a good game last night and didn't fall for their usual tricks. I don't agree with you Re. Clubb, it was late but it was shoulder to shoulder, especially after re-watching it this although I didn't like what he said as you pointed out but I think he was trying to take the sting out of the situation when the game was comfortably won. I have no issue with referee's using a bit of discretion in situations like that as long as it doesn't effect the outcome and is reciprocated for both teams.

Learning All The Songs

Not sure about this Kendall love in. He may have got most decisions right but he allowed Wigan to 'third man flop' all through the game and the amount of time he allowed Wigan to lie on in the tackle was ridiculous. Yet when Saints did it we were (rightly) penalised.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    What I was impressed with was that as soon as it was apparent Wigan were going to slow the PTB down and be allowed to, then so did we. We are too often mugs in this situation but we played it exactly right
    Yes and yes!!! This is what I’m usually ranting about in every big game where teams use these tactics against us, more often than not ruining us. TBF Wigan just couldn’t do it as often as they liked because every time they slowed us down leaving defenders around the ruck our next run in was fast and brutal. All credit to our forwards for not giving them a second to settle.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by djh1972 View Post
    Yes and yes!!! This is what I’m usually ranting about in every big game where teams use these tactics against us, more often than not ruining us. TBF Wigan just couldn’t do it as often as they liked because every time they slowed us down leaving defenders around the ruck our next run in was fast and brutal. All credit to our forwards for not giving them a second to settle.
    So clearly that's how to combat slowing the PTB down, obviously the players have got to play their part and make those hard runs but it shows it can be done and done well.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    He didn't get much wrong I only saw 2 incidents where we got the rub of the green but we had already wrapped up 30 pts by then.
    It's a case of win and the ref had a good game, lose and you can find dozens of ref mistakes. It's just perception.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by The booze hound View Post
    It's a case of win and the ref had a good game, lose and you can find dozens of ref mistakes. It's just perception.
    Imo refs will make dozens of mistakes regardless of win lose or draw, in ten years time when we have completely different refs it will be exactly the same

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Imo refs will make dozens of mistakes regardless of win lose or draw, in ten years time when we have completely different refs it will be exactly the same
    Agreed.

There’s too many rules and too much “interpretation” for it to ever be perfect.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Unless they are robots it will, still them being human gives us something to complain about.