Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Eamon McManus’ Programme Notes

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    That press release looks like it’s been written by a 12 year old
    You insult a childs intelligence?....not that one.

Aye. Bet that's put the frighteners up Eamonn.

'We need refs. They are brill. Don't tell us any different. We are saddened to hear."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    If he had any concerns over the referee prior to the game he should have contacted the RFL privately. This rant has done him and the game no favours, again he should have gone through the proper channels and asked for a meeting with the RFL to air his views.
    Just my opinion of course.
    It has done him plenty of favours with me! The game was done no favours by Newton or Flower either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Aye. Bet that's put the frighteners up Eamonn.

'We need refs. They are brill. Don't tell us any different. We are saddened to hear."
    Imbeciles

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

The thing is, he isn't asking for them to be pro saints, all he is asking for is a fair crack and an explanation when they get it so badly wrong

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post

They should put it on youtube at least, I'll send you the link if I see it.
    Thanks mate. I did see it on TV. I just meant for the atmosphere which sounded better during the award than in the game

Back to standard use of video ref tonight I see

Starting A Programme Collection

Instead of putting his displeasure in the program, Perhaps he should have hired a plane from Barton Airport on Thursday night,and circled The AJ Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    I will not create a new thread to discuss the following point, but will raise it here.

All this total madness and absolute embarrassment for the St Helens club can be quite simply, easily, and honestly remedied by the central character.

And we all know that is Morgan Knowles.

All he has to do is distance himself from the baying St Helens mob mentality that has infected the club, stand up like the honourable guy that he is, and just admit what we all saw to be the case off the replays, that he never got a valid touchdown, and all this will go away.

Step up Morgan, you know you can do it.
    You must have only watched warrington TV.

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

From memory, the principal pie-eater on here was banned last time for continually trolling and seek to wind people up with pathetic, inflammatory comments.
    He's at it again, for heaven's sake can't he be banished again - this time permanently??
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Banned

You better hope Tinie Tempah doesn't read that.

Sorry, I meant Tallagh Tiger.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    From memory, the principal pie-eater on here was banned last time for continually trolling and seek to wind people up with pathetic, inflammatory comments.
    He's at it again, for heaven's sake can't he be banished again - this time permanently??
    I feel sorry for people like Superblue, Rogues and Rubber Duckie. What a sad life when you are seeking attention on another clubs fan-site. It makes you wonder what other sites they spend too much time trawling through I just hope its all legal and above board?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    I feel sorry for people like Superblue, Rogues and Rubber Duckie. What a sad life when you are seeking attention on another clubs fan-site. It makes you wonder what other sites they spend too much time trawling through I just hope its all legal and above board?
    I’m sure the “research” Rogues does on all those young academy lads is legitimate.

They don’t call him the white Purple Aki for nothing.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    Thinking on...
    All the said had to do with the finalists medal was to give it to a child fan or a fan with a disability. They'd have been trilled. Westwood did this with his medal.
    All the said?

Trilled?

I'm unified with you guys...
    I think it's sad that the 2 main teams this season have been in turmoil with media postings of vandalism, fighting, officials traits and chairman outburst of wtf.

I can see how a chairman’s comments are easily confused with death threats, bricking coaches and attacking Catalans fans when you’ve got the IQ of a crisp bag.....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by saint mac View Post
    Carney said Eamonn was putting more pressure on referees.Sky have a bloke commenting on their decisions every match.
    Yes but he says they never make a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Yes but he says they never make a mistake.
    “He could have done this, but he’s ruled that instead” Stealing a living

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    All the said?

Trilled?

I can see how a chairman’s comments are easily confused with death threats, bricking coaches and attacking Catalans fans when you’ve got the IQ of a crisp bag.....
    Any particular flavour?

Any particular flavour?

I couldn’t find any “Old Man pis$ed his pants” flavor.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The South Stand

I know that death threats, particularly from Warrington where right wing extremists were plotting to kill a Labour MP, have to be taken seriously. Making such threats is despicable and it’s difficult, on first analysis, to assess whether they’re serious or not. It seems that Mr Hicks or the RFL initially did the right thing by reporting the threat or threats to the police.

There are no doubts about the initial report to the police but the meeting between Hicks, the Warrington CEO and the individual who made the threats can’t be described as anything but a publicity stunt. It isn’t uncommon for criminals to be encouraged to meet their victims but why did the Warrington CEO need to be involved and why did the RFL issue a press release? I presume that they, Hicks (unlikely) or Warrington issued a press release because how otherwise did the BBC get it’s story of 14 August? If everything had been dealt with privately, the claim that it was a publicity stunt could be viewed as misplaced. It is the unnecessary presence of the Warrington CEO at the meeting together with the press release that render the claim that it was a publicity stunt tenable. Add to those two facts the further fact that the threat(s) was/were made in May (the BBC story says May but the RFL statement, for the first time, seems to dispute this) and yet the story was only released about 10 days before the Cup Final and what else could the story be for other than to give publicity to the sort of abuse/threats that referees face? The story was, therefore, released for laudable reasons but a desire for publicity was at its heart.

The story should not have been promoted immediately before the Cup Final. Having been promoted, Hicks should have been withdrawn from the game. In fact, if he was seriously worried about the threat or threats, he should have been relieved of his duties until the apparent resolution in order to ensure that his judgement wasn’t affected by concerns about his own and his family’s safety. I’m surprised that the RFL doesn’t have protocols in place to deal with circumstances when a referee is threatened.

For the above reasons, I think that the RFL has got the whole tone of its statement of 31 August wrong. Instead of conceding that it got its approach to publicising difficulties faced by referees wrong, it has gone onto the attack by threatening a justifiably annoyed Eamon McManus (perhaps the club) with a reference to its “Compliance Team”. Instead of that, they may have been more sensible to say that they were hoping to meet with Mr McManus to discuss genuine concerns about refereeing procedures.

I’m also surprised that they’ve accused Mr McManus of getting the timeline wrong. It is the BBC that said that the threat(s) was/were made in May. Where did the BBC get it’s facts from?

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I know im probably wrong but could the rfl dock us points?
    18?

Lol,, obviously not that many, but is a points deduction possible?
    Doubt it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Lets hope Mr Hicks isnt the referee at old Trafford
    Specially commissioned rule change - up to 2 refs, Child and Hicks and video ref abolished

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Lets hope Mr Hicks isnt the referee at old Trafford
    I would put money on it being him

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

Suttoner the tweet that constituted the death threat was made on the 31st of May. RFL seem to have got their dates mixed up too which is ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by ffs View Post
    Suttoner the tweet that constituted the death threat was made on the 31st of May. RFL seem to have got their dates mixed up too which is ironic.
    Correct and he’d already deleted it by the evening of the same day. And he didn’t send it to Hicks. A drunk idiot ranting away immediately called out by fans from his own team and disappearing into the anonymity of the Internet once more