Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Eamon McManus’ Programme Notes

Got A Season Ticket

Will this change the result? No.

Will this stop such a blatant publicity stunt happening again? Maybe.

I could just about taking the poor no try decision, but Hicks’ refereeing of Warrington’s defensive line throughout the match made me want to find the nearest copper because it was criminal.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Two things:

1) By putting into print what most people already thought, it makes the RFL look at best incompetent for allowing the series of events leading upto the Challenge Cup occur how they did. When the likes of Talksport are chatting about how they couldn't understand how the sport having the technology and not using, you know that there's issues.

2) Child's performance tonight, looked like his attempt to not be appointed for any key games for the rest of the season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by saint mac View Post
    Carney said Eamonn was putting more pressure on referees.Sky have a bloke commenting on their decisions every match.
    Yeah but have you ever heard Cummins go against a decision? He always tries to cover for them or find an excuse when they’ve blatantly made a mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Disgusted. Embarrassed. Ashamed. This isn’t St Helens. It’s not us. I’m shocked by what he’s said in this past week and to then send that to print is ridiculous.
    Stick to trolling the TotalRL forums OC. The first three words could be equally applied to your faux outrage and deliberate misinterpretation of everything said on the matter this week

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Agree with what he’s written, well said Eamon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    Could eamonn, s comments land us in hot water with the rfl? He was only saying what a lot of other chairmen haven't got the balls to say,,,,,,,,, and if you think something, you should be honest enough to say it, and he was

What, like dock us points?? There’s 18 spare ones kicking around.....
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saint mac View Post
    Carney said Eamonn was putting more pressure on referees.Sky have a bloke commenting on their decisions every match.
    The refs should be held to account more instead of sweeping bad calls under the carpet, I think McManus has just pulled the carpet up and put it back into the spotlight.

Starting A Programme Collection

Disgusted. Embarrassed. Ashamed. This isn’t St Helens. It’s not us. I’m shocked by what he’s said in this past week and to then send that to print is ridiculous.

And you call yourself a Saints Supporter.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    I remember us benefiting from a very iffy decision earlier in the season when we played salford at the tws
    But last week wasn't iffy. Hicks would go to the screen every time in that circumstance so why was this different?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    But last week wasn't iffy. Hicks would go to the screen every time in that circumstance so why was this different?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    You are right on this, he always uses the screen, even when its an obvious try, so why didn’t he last week? I get people will say its sour grapes, but if someone has a pattern of behaviour likes Hicks does with going to the video ref, and goes against it, why shouldn’t it be called out?

Banned

Just out of interest ,have the rfl responded to the the complaint ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnno65 View Post
    I don’t think we’ll ever find out

Maybe the arrogant silence from the RFL prompted Eamon’s response.

Eamonn is right and he speaks for a lot of us. Without him we'd have been down the pan, he bleeds Saints. That ref tonight and him on Saturday, are spoiling the game as far as I'm concerned.

Also, why are teams now seemingly able to slow down the game without penalty, when we know the RFL want a quicker play the ball?

Come on mate you've done it to death now.
    After tonight's farce, I'm more & more convinced something ain't right.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

He’s gone 99% of the way to saying that Hicks is bent. This is wrong. Incompetent, yes, bent, no, he’s not that clever.
    No he has said he shouldn't have been put into the situation where people could question him given all that happened.

In what other sport would a ref give an interview about an incident involving a club they are about to officiate?

What happened to refs being seen not heard?

Learning All The Songs

Give them a chance they've not finished brushing the Cats v Wire incident under the carpet yet.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

I try not to wear Saints specs, but I have to say I think Child delivered the RFL's response tonight. We got penalised time and again for things that he allowed Cas to do repeatedly. Thompson was a clear dummy runner who didn't touch a Cas player, if anything they grabbed at him. Lomax's try was a try for me. Kids are are coached at amateur clubs to use dummy runners, yet get to SL and it's called obstruction.

Just wait until we get two refs.

Quote Originally Posted by jonimac View Post
    Just wait until we get two refs.
    One clown is enough

Banned

Well done Eamon spot on. The referee compromised himself and showed the sport to be small time.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    He doesn’t say that at all. It’s more nuanced than that. If the ref holds a love-in with one of the clubs competing in a major final about an incident that happened four months ago it does look completely unprofessional. Hicks isn’t bent but he can’t help being subconsciously manipulated to favour Warrington as a result of his new friendship
    After not even going to video I would agree with EM 100% . Refs definitely lean to certain sides , last nights ref was no different altho Saints were poor .

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

I back the Chairman here he simply points out the facts. Put that alongside the Knowles issue and the other momentum changing wrong decisions and you can't disagree with him. Yes we were poor at wembley but we have had some shockers against us in big games over recent years. Anyone remember Thaler giving tries at wire when they clearly weren't and he didn't go to the screen?
    Learned comment from The Don

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Well done Eamon spot on. The referee compromised himself and showed the sport to be small time.
    Yeah, Hicks compromised himself by being on the receiving end of a death threat and wanting it dealt with. And because he was the victim he should have been punished by not being able to referee a final which he had duly earned. Don't talk wet.
    I cannot understand how many on here are not dealing with the real issue of referees being targeted in heinous, nasty ways. In no way, shape or form is it acceptable to receive a death threat, and in no way, shape or form is it acceptable for a referee to be punished for it.
    I also do not believe that the idiot who made the threat is representative of all Warrington fans.
    Energies should be focused, right now, on winning the GF. Nothing else. It'll soon be off season when any issues can be dealt with without distracting from performances on the pitch.

Well said EM. The only thing that is a total disgrace and embarrassment was Hicks decisions last week.
    The RFL have not commented because, let's face it how could they possibly explain the non referral? Difficult to defend the indefensible. Even Cummings would struggle on air with that one.