Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 19 for Cas

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Lomax has been poor again tonight

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Who hasn't?

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

One of the worst games I have ever watched. I could have been levelling on wow classic!

Learning All The Songs

Glad I didn't go. Shocking display and if Cas had been anything like we would have been murdered. Only scored 4 points in each of the last 2 games. Getting into form just in time for the play offs.

In The South Stand

Hope Walmsley is kept away from the hubcap, he’ll probably drop it.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs MancSaint's Avatar

Poor poor game, can't say I enjoyed it. Fair enough we kept Cas to nil, a decent defensive effort yes, but I doubt any fan will call that the post-Wembley response we were expecting.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Lomax has been poor again tonight

With a lot of the others. We have no idea of playing a tight game. But very good defensively.

I thought that was entertaining. We looked drained and well off our game in attack, but to keep a clean sheet when you’ve given away that much possession and territory is quite something.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    With a lot of the others. We have no idea of playing a tight game. But very good defensively.
    Having said that, give some credit to Cas attack. Best chance is scoring would have been a letter to Jim L Fix it.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    No idea of playing a tight game? We just won a tight game
    Yes, but we made it hard by trying offloads that weren't on, and a couple of stupid unnecessary passes causing us to make a lot of errors.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Having said that, give some credit to Cas attack. Best chance of scoring would have been a letter to Jim L Fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got A Season Ticket

On a side note where have all the 2017 Cas fans gone?! I know Friday night M62 and all that but Jesus...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

A complete and utter shambles from the ref and from Cas.
    They just turned up wanting to spoil and slow things down and Child let them. He was a disgrace.
    Also what’s this new idea of letting us score the try before then pulling us back for an obstruction? He did it twice tonight.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Very similar to last week with the errors and defence, our kicking game was a bit better with more depth. Lomax looks a bit out of sorts and is not finding those gaps now, thought Roby and LMS played a lot better than last week. We need Coote returning to form ASAP our pivotal players are mis firing.

Ref gave too much away with the tactics of Cas yet pinned us for penalties when we did the same, Penalty count was 6 to 1 at one point and then as all the refs do start evening up the count.

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Defensively, we was solid. Think we could have defended another 40 mins and they wouldnt have scored.

We just need to learn to build pressure. We are always looking for the fancy stuff and when it doesnt work we begin to flap.

Keep it simple. March them down the field and get the opposition forwards facing their own try line.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs

Did really well to keep them to 0 but that was hard to watch. Thought there were some awful performances, LMS was dreadful, Paulo with his usual contribution of doing nothing useful for half an hour, Ashworth was knackered after about 7 minutes which is ridiculous given he did nothing last week and Richardson is still as poor as last season.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    A complete and utter shambles from the ref and from Cas.
    They just turned up wanting to spoil and slow things down and Child let them. He was a disgrace.
    Also what’s this new idea of letting us score the try before then pulling us back for an obstruction? He did it twice tonight.
    I think that was always going to happen tonight after last week. Child even made a point of saying I don't need the VR after Lomaxs try

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Very similar to last week with the errors and defence, our kicking game was a bit better with more depth. Lomax looks a bit out of sorts and is not finding those gaps now, thought Roby and LMS played a lot better than last week. We need Coote returning to form ASAP our pivotal players are mis firing.

Ref gave too much away with the tactics of Cas yet pinned us for penalties when we did the same, Penalty count was 6 to 1 at one point and then as all the refs do start evening up the count.
    Lomax has been out of sorts for a few games, possibly since coming back from his child being born. Not saying they are linked, but his form has certainly dipped.
    We appear to lack composure and a structure to our sets, is this as a result of not needing to be patient for most of the season and just running over teams?

Not helped by a shocking ref performance for the second time in 6 days, but we just looked deflated and mentally tired.

But it's a straight 7 days until the next game, so hopefully with a normal week's build-up and prep we should be back to normal for Huddersfield...i hope.

Starting A Programme Collection Armourer's Avatar

Pretty poor tonight definitely a bit cream crackers after that 30 degree Wembley but kept Cas out know matter how many times Childs try to put them in and on reflection Warrington got thumped last night after there Wembley effort so end of the Day it was a win and didn't spoil the presentation celebrations onwards and upwards.

Learning All The Songs

Past caring about the state of refereeing now. Until the culture and structure of the refereeing unit at the RFL is rebuilt from the ground up absolutely nothing will change.

As for us, while I have some sympathy for the players coming on the back of the final last week (seriously, which clown thought it was a good idea to have us and Wire on Thurs/Fri), we have to start doing the basics better.

Defensively I thought we were outstanding but we made ourselves do far more of it than we should have. Far far too many unforced errors again.

Thought Amor did well again in his first stint and Makinson/Percival made good yards out of our own half. Costello was decent. The rest were average to garbage with ball in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancunian Saint View Post
    attacking wise, yes very poor but solid defensive brick wall,, can any saints fans honestly see us not making it to old Trafford?
    Sums it up. I said before the game we’ve got 3 games to perfect our play off rugby. I think the attack was lacking tonight but the ability to dig in in a wet weather game was there. I’d like to think once we get Roby, Walmsley, Knowles back up to speed and put Coote back in then the attack will sort itself out. 2 games to go and we have to improve each time

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Exactly as expected, maybe we should return to the Millward performances after Wembley?

We looked absolutely knackered, which is to be expected after doing a lot of defending at Wembley six days ago in blistering heat, not to mention it's literally a nothing game for us.

Scrambled well in defence and good to get the win

I'll hold my hands up, credit to Cas, I thought we'd blow them off the field tonight! Scrapy, tough game, Ref I thought was poor again.
    But to lift that Shield tonight meant a lot to us all, and to nill Cas shows how much the lads put in.

COYS

I think that was always going to happen tonight after last week. Child even made a point of saying I don't need the VR after Lomaxs try

I found that a bit odd myself. It was almost a performance “I don’t need to check the screen because we don’t all need to use the screen, we ARE ABLE TO MAKE A DECISION IN REAL TIME!!!”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    I'll hold my hands up, credit to Cas, I thought we'd blow them off the field tonight! Scrapy, tough game, Ref I thought was poor again.
    But to lift that Shield tonight meant a lot to us all, and to nill Cas shows how much the lads put in.

COYS
    Agree. Great defence and a win despite Castleford throwing everything bar the kitchen sink at us. Really pleased with the celebrations at the end.

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Who hasn't?

Percival about the only one that seemed to go quite well from initial watch...but I wont be watching again to check