Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 19 for Cas

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

Default 19 for Cas

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2019/08/2...n-squad-named/

Does this say he shouldn't have picked Coote for the final?

Think he's saying he picked up a head injury in the final and as a consequence is being rested. Another chance for Welsby.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post

By all accounts, he was fit and ready. I don't think Holbrook would have risked him if not. It may just be that he's taking him out the firing line. Took a lot of flack over Saturdays defeat.

If I’m being honest I have never been so uninterested in a squad being announced for some years. But FWIW. I don’t believe Coote would have played even if he did not have concussion (for the record I believe he has). As immature as I know this sounds I will attend all games as I have all season, but I will go as a ‘neutral’ observer. I refuse to invest anymore emotion as I believe this team are unable to win a ‘ must win game’. Beating Castleford, Huddersfield and Hull will not change my mind I’m afraid.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Two Wheeled Saint View Post

Clearly explains he picked up a head knock in the game if you actually read it ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    By all accounts, he was fit and ready. I don't think Holbrook would have risked him if not. It may just be that he's taking him out the firing line. Took a lot of flack over Saturdays defeat.
    I’m not sure that’s true.. But if you are right and he was fit to play then this shows us that both the player and JH are not right for this club. If they are keeping him away of criticism from fans it’s a disgrace. If we are not playing a full fit team from now until the seasons end it’s a mistake.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    I’m not sure that’s true.. But if you are right and he was fit to play then this shows us that both the player and JH are not right for this club. If they are keeping him away of criticism from fans it’s a disgrace. If we are not playing a full fit team from now until the seasons end it’s a mistake.
    I missed the head knock so it seems its nothing to do with what I initially said. I think he'll go full strength, bar those with any injuries from now on but at this stage there's going to be niggles with most.

Noooobie

Quote Originally Posted by jonimac View Post
    Think he's saying he picked up a head injury in the final and as a consequence is being rested. Another chance for Welsby.
    Or Richardson, I think Fages and Lomax offer very little in game management as shown on Sat! Lomax to Fullback for me and put Welsby at 6 - We need a recognised kicker in the team.

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rugby Reg View Post
    Or Richardson, I think Fages and Lomax offer very little in game management as shown on Sat! Lomax to Fullback for me and put Welsby at 6 - We need a recognised kicker in the team.
    Worth trying. I thought Richardson's better performances this season have come playing on the left.

Wonder who will fill in at second row in place of Peyroux?

There’s no way Coote would be left out to ‘protect him’!

Banned

[QUOTE=Blue Harvest;772436]Worth trying. I thought Richardson's better performances this season have come playing on the left.

Wonder who will fill in at second row in place of Peyroux?[/QUOTE Bentley?

Got A Season Ticket

I think possibly 2 of the backs will miss out from Saturdays team?

Welsby will go to fullback and Costello may replace one of the other back 4? (not really sure what Costello offers to be honest)

Will they put Richardson in as one of the halfbacks? I don't think they will as Justin obviously prefers the Wembley halfback combination and they need to find how to work together better as a combination to win meaningful games if he sticks with them.

Roby looked out on his feet leading up to half time at Wembley so I think we may see the acting half workload shared with someone else while Roby gets some match fitness back into his legs?

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Welsby
    Makinson Naquima Percival Grace
    Fages Lomax
    Walmsley Roby Thompson
    Bentley Taia
    Knowles

Amor Ashworth Paulo LMS

To be honest if Coote isn’t playing it’s a pointless game for us. It will force players to fill roles that they won’t be playing in the semi final and it’s another game without our organiser at the back. All continuity goes out the window again. Basically down to two games to prepare for the semi.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Another game for Welsby to gain experience without being under too much pressure. One thing in our favour with all these dead rubbers

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

[QUOTE=mufcsaint;772438]
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Worth trying. I thought Richardson's better performances this season have come playing on the left.

Wonder who will fill in at second row in place of Peyroux?[/QUOTE Bentley?
    I did think that, but starting Paulo is also an option, as is LMS at 13 with Knowles in second-row.

Got A Season Ticket

Anyone else think if he went 1-13 starting line up we would turn over most teams in Superleague??

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Another game for Welsby to gain experience without being under too much pressure. One thing in our favour with all these dead rubbers
    They may be dead rubbers for us but not for our final three opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Welsby
    Makinson Naquima Percival Grace
    Fages Lomax
    Walmsley Roby Thompson
    Bentley Taia
    Knowles

Amor Ashworth Paulo LMS

To be honest if Coote isn’t playing it’s a pointless game for us. It will force players to fill roles that they won’t be playing in the semi final and it’s another game without our organiser at the back. All continuity goes out the window again. Basically down to two games to prepare for the semi.
    If is see Paulo in a Saints shirt again I will despair. I’ve been patient thinking he would be a Peyroux slow burner. He ain’t he’s crap. I would have Costello all day long in his place.

Learning All The Songs

If is see Paulo in a Saints shirt again I will despair. I’ve been patient thinking he would be a Peyroux slow burner. He ain’t he’s crap. I would have Costello all day long in his place.
    He has to be dropped, how he gets picked every week I don’t know. Sooner see Costello or Richardson on the bench than that waste of space.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I've never been a big fan of Costello, but as a squad player he is OK. And, to be fair to the lad I thought he played pretty well in his last game against Warrington.

Paulo a complete waste of a shirt despite all the things people say he does that we don't see.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I think Holbrook may have him on the bench because I don’t see Costello or Richardson doing a stint in the middle and I’m not sure Walmsley or LMS can/will do those extra minutes. Had Lees or Peyroux been fit I don’t think I’d have picked him after last weekend and I’m not sure Holbrook would have either. I wouldn’t despair to much if he plays on Friday because I’m not sure he will next week.

I think he’s had a couple of good games this year but on the whole, I don’t think he’s done a better job than Jon Wilkin did last year. I don’t think he’s been an upgrade put it that way.

It’s a position I think we could do more with, I do think we really, really lack another big bloke who can both carry and pass.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Noooobie

[QUOTE=Saintsmerrrt;772416]Clearly explains he picked up a head knock in the game if you actually read it ffs.[/QUThink he had the head knock before the game..... just a cover for JHs error in his selection for the final after 5 weeks out.

Got A Season Ticket

There was a rumour doing the rounds last week that Coote and Roby had clashed heads in training. If true, this may have had something to do with his play on Saturday and the concussion he is suffering now. Roby was also sporting an injury close to his eye. I didn't see anything in the game on Saturday to cause either injury.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Benchar View Post
    There was a rumour doing the rounds last week that Coote and Roby had clashed heads in training. If true, this may have had something to do with his play on Saturday and the concussion he is suffering now. Roby was also sporting an injury close to his eye. I didn't see anything in the game on Saturday to cause either injury.
    The rumour was made up by Warrington fans. Roby only had an eye injury after the game not before. Seriously, wtf is wrong with people

Got A Season Ticket

No need for language like that in your response. I asked a simple question as I was not aware the wire fans had made it up. It was a comment made to me. Perhaps we are not all as up to date or in the know as you.