Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Every game matters...?

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Agree with the loop fixtures, over familiarity with playing the same teams

I think it is fixed by going to a 14 team league, and I've heard the arguments against as in players and don't agree

And changing the CC to a champions league type approach with mini leagues at early stages with championship clubs

I really don't think we should lose the GF, it's a big occasion, particularly for the broadcasters, to remove that then try to sell our sport to a broadcaster or a new deal with Sky would be catastrophic in my opinion.
    CC idea is interesting. Think that comp is rapidly in need of help

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Absolutely, whereas a mediocre team can lose 12 games in Superleague and still be in 2nd.
    Yup. Imagine not winning it this year. I'd be fuming me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I don't know you know. I think the format is tired. It works for the Aussies because their comp is so ridiculously intense that you'll end up way down the league if you lose 3 on the spin.

The whole thing is a bit of a joke. Looped fixtures and a random set of fixtures for magic. When you think about it it's bordering on farcical.
    Your preaching to the converted with me pal , I'd go back to first past the post tomorrow.
    I just can't see it happening personally Unless the Australians do it in which case we would follow obviously!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    CC idea is interesting. Think that comp is rapidly in need of help
    The Challenge Cup is the only Rugby League competition that is truly long lived. If Sky ever drop Rugby League or if another broadcaster gets the rights, the Grand Final will disappear to be replaced by whatever format is then seen as the best way forward.

I think that if the Challenge Cup ever goes that will mark the demise of Rugby League. It’s vital that it be valued and preserved and Upside’s suggestion may be worthy of consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Your preaching to the converted with me pal , I'd go back to first past the post tomorrow.
    I just can't see it happening personally Unless the Australians do it in which case we would follow obviously!
    Sorry Div. You're right