Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matty Lees out for rest of season

Noooobie

Default Matty Lees out for rest of season

Matty Lees will miss the rest of the season according to the Star. Injury sounds bad. Hope the lad makes a full recovery for next year. He will be big loss for us.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Sounds a horrific injury.
    Hope he makes a full recovery, big loss.

Got A Season Ticket

https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/sport...s-rest-season/

Sad news. He was missed on Saturday

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Hope he makes a speedy recovery and plays better next season, as for Ferres the grub and the late hit did he know what he was doing.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Hope he makes a speedy recovery and plays better next season, as for Ferres the grub and the late hit did he know what he was doing.
    Yes, but he plays for Leeds, so it doesn't count

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    Yes, but he plays for Leeds, so it doesn't count
    Quite. Meanwhile, some of us are still scratching our heads at the 2 matcher dished out to Smith

Banned

Bitterly disappointing. The side will miss the aggression and physicality Lees offers, especially for the end of season cup games.

Noooobie

Puts things into perspective. Horrific injury an no doubt a worrying time for him an his family. Get well soon matty.

Gosh, never heard an injury described quite like that before, sounds terrible for the young man

Best wishes for a full and fast recovery, hope he's back in a Saints jersey before we know it

Awful stuff and I agree that we will miss his aggression. We certainly did on Saturday, it was just what we needed - someone to put their mark on the game in the middle

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

Gutted for him, not only to miss Wembley but possibly the grand final. Very underrated IMO and a big miss on Saturday. All the best Matty.

Learning All The Songs

Massively disappointing for the lad. He's stepped it up a notch this year and it's a shame it looks like he'll miss out on the run in and a shot at a grand final. Having your intestines pulled out, rejigged and put back in doesn't sound very pleasant!

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Yeah best wishes to him. Hope he’s back out in the gym and on the field sooner rather than later.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I hope he can get his head around it sooner rather than later too.
    It's times like this when we should all reflect on how these guys put their bodies on the line every week.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Hope this doesn't affect him mentally toward the way he plays. Hope he recovers soon.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Wee Waa Womble's Avatar

Hopefully Walmsley's experience coming back from a horrific injury can help Lees get back to fitness and to his best as soon as possible. Lees is still 21 years old, very young for a starting super league prop, so fingers crossed he can take the time he needs to come back stronger than ever.
    Forwards win games. The backs decide by how much.

Best of luck Matty lad, big future to look forward to, take your time and return stronger lad.

COYS

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Hope this doesn't affect him mentally toward the way he plays. Hope he recovers soon.
    For me the strange thing is that Lees was injured by being tackled after he had passed the ball as he approached the line. I can’t recall him doing that before as his usual approach is to just run flat out into the tacklers. At least that way contact is not from the side but head on so his thoughts should be that sticking with his standard approach would be beneficial and less “dangerous”.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    Best of luck Matty lad, big future to look forward to, take your time and return stronger lad.

COYS
    You're right on it there Jackbit , Lee's is going to be without doubt one of the hottest properties within our game , and for me (before I get shot down in flames) will be a more complete player than what we have ever produced including what we have now , strong , quick , good hands , and is the only one who other oppo players look out for , a tough player is Matty. Just hope we can keep hold of him in a couple of years time.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    You're right on it there Jackbit , Lee's is going to be without doubt one of the hottest properties within our game , and for me (before I get shot down in flames) will be a more complete player than what we have ever produced including what we have now , strong , quick , good hands , and is the only one who other oppo players look out for , a tough player is Matty. Just hope we can keep hold of him in a couple of years time.
    Roy, clear your pms please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    For me the strange thing is that Lees was injured by being tackled after he had passed the ball as he approached the line. I can’t recall him doing that before as his usual approach is to just run flat out into the tacklers. At least that way contact is not from the side but head on so his thoughts should be that sticking with his standard approach would be beneficial and less “dangerous”.
    I must be honest I saw the game but missed the incident. But, if he was tackled after he had passed isn't that more a case of refs and linesmen doing the job rather than him needing to change his style? I think he is effective running into tacklers because he runs so hard, but a bit of variation like passing just before he makes contact is useful.

Although he had released the ball, I didn’t think that it was a late tackle (ie Ferres was committed and unable to pull out rather than it just being a cheap shot although I accept that Ferres has history in that respect). It was shown several times on the big screen while Lees was being treated so I assume the officials were also happy with the contact. As you say, a passing game will enhance Lees’ value to the side; my point about continuing with his usual style was addressed at the point that he may have doubts on his return.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Although he had released the ball, I didn’t think that it was a late tackle (ie Ferres was committed and unable to pull out rather than it just being a cheap shot although I accept that Ferres has history in that respect). It was shown several times on the big screen while Lees was being treated so I assume the officials were also happy with the contact. As you say, a passing game will enhance Lees’ value to the side; my point about continuing with his usual style was addressed at the point that he may have doubts on his return.
    When you said after the ball I thought you were inferring it was late. I hope he is not held back by doubts on his return, he doesn't seem the type of player that would be?

In The South Stand

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Massive blow for the lad, thankfully he’s got the off season as part of his recovery, hopefully he’ll be back in time for the new season but time will tell.