Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matty Lees out for rest of season

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    Sounds a horrible injury but I think he's the type of character to come back strong. Obviously hardlines for him missing out on the run in and possible games for the performance team but hopefully he can get himself right over the off season (and put half a stone on too).

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Sounds a horrible injury but I think he's the type of character to come back strong. Obviously hardlines for him missing out on the run in and possible games for the performance team but hopefully he can get himself right over the off season (and put half a stone on too).
    From the interview Holbrook has just done with the “Star” it seems that he will still be having difficulty eating. I hope this was a real fluke injury.

Starting A Programme Collection

Get well soon Matty, here's wishing you a pain free quick recovery

Learning All The Songs

These type of operations really knock the stuffing out of you. Its going to be a long way back. If he had not gone to have it checked out immediately I dread to think of the consequences re sepsis etc.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Im obviously not suggesting a grim outcome, just thinking out loud. Is it a 100% certainty that he will return to playing rugby? Is it a case of waiting and seeing how he recovers over time? Is their any chance that he may never recover to a level where he can play contact sport?
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Im obviously not suggesting a grim outcome, just thinking out loud. Is it a 100% certainty that he will return to playing rugby? Is it a case of waiting and seeing how he recovers over time? Is their any chance that he may never recover to a level where he can play contact sport?
    The last line of the article on the website says... Hopefully he will pull on the saints shirt again next year.

Sounds like a big recovery ahead of him, with the possibility he could never play again.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

I have a relative with a very similar thing she had the complication of digestion and lost a lot of weight, hopefully because Matty is young and in good pre physical condition he will recover, I hope so he deserves it. On thing that has crossed my mind is that he always runs in hard almost suicidal is it possible he took some big hits in that abdominal region and the Ferres hit was one too far.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    I have a relative with a very similar thing she had the complication of digestion and lost a lot of weight, hopefully because Matty is young and in good pre physical condition he will recover, I hope so he deserves it. On thing that has crossed my mind is that he always runs in hard almost suicidal is it possible he took some big hits in that abdominal region and the Ferres hit was one too far.
    Its quite possible Stiddy. Ive met Matty once and he is a tall lad. Also very lean. He’s just the right height to take some shoulder impact around the stomach. One could argue that forwards can be to lean and would benefit from the extra bit of padding that the forwards had years back. If you are running with the pace that Lees does not having much body fat perhaps it leaves the mid section more vulnerable. I could be way off though.

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    The last line of the article on the website says... Hopefully he will pull on the saints shirt again next year.

Sounds like a big recovery ahead of him, with the possibility he could never play again.
    Yeh his future doesn’t look certain. Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Good Luck tot he lad, hope is recovery goes well. I hope he is back for the start of next year, but right now the rugby should be secondary.

Learning All The Songs

All injury times differ person to person and if there are post op set backs. Shay Given had a 1cm of bowel/intestine tear whilst at Newcastle and came back after 7 weeks. The surgeon announced that it did not show up on scans and if he had not investigated in theatre it would have had serious implications for his future. I hope Matty got the same swift care and makes a similar come back.

Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    These type of operations really knock the stuffing out of you. Its going to be a long way back. If he had not gone to have it checked out immediately I dread to think of the consequences re sepsis etc.
    If he hasn't had a temporary colostomy or a re-section we could be looking at 3 months before he can do any training, the reported quick action of the Leeds Club and Leeds Hospital probable saved him from being in a more critical condition.

Banned

If you are in a state of boredom and read this thread Matty. Stay strong, take your time and get well first and fit after that. Lets hope Ashy and Kyle fill the gap and you can celebrate an Old Trafford win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbit View Post
    Taking my Saints Specs off I would have thought Smithies, Walker and Truman are above our Matty.

In The South Stand

Taking my Saints Specs off I would have thought Smithies, Walker and Truman are above our Matty.
    Walker? He's been utter rubbish for most of the season. He has potential but no awards due for him or any other Leeds player. Even Handley and Hurrell who have scored tries have been truly horrific defensively.

Trueman also hasn't had a great season, neither have Cas. He's come good recently and is a top class prospect. Smithies is the one I think should get it. He's probably three years younger than Lees, but has been one of Wigans best players this year from what I've seen.

Well done Matty lad, I had faith in you getting the award. Come back stronger lad.

COYS

Quote Originally Posted by Saddened! View Post
    Walker? He's been utter rubbish for most of the season. He has potential but no awards due for him or any other Leeds player. Even Handley and Hurrell who have scored tries have been truly horrific defensively.

Trueman also hasn't had a great season, neither have Cas. He's come good recently and is a top class prospect. Smithies is the one I think should get it. He's probably three years younger than Lees, but has been one of Wigans best players this year from what I've seen.
    I was quite surprised that Matty won the award but at the same time chuffed to bits that he has. Matty was weak on his defence in the first half of the season but improved just before he got his injury.

The one thing that could have worked in his favour is that he has a very high visual dynamic running in hard without any fear and also wanting to bash the opposition when they have the ball.

Another thing is the development potential in him and we were seeing that in his last few games, it looks as though the votes went very much in favour of the seasons progression.

Great to see that he has returned for pre season, though they state he is doing light work.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

That's good news!
    We all need to give him plenty of time to get his head round this injury too. That could take a little longer to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    That's good news!
    We all need to give him plenty of time to get his head round this injury too. That could take a little longer to heal.
    Definitely. Even if he needs a month or so in the reserves first

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    That's good news!
    Every player is different after a serious injury and you are right he may need to be nursed back, if so all well and good; but to be honest the way he plays the game it wouldn't surprise me if he comes back all guns firing.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Every player is different after a serious injury and you are right he may need to be nursed back, if so all well and good; but to be honest the way he plays the game it wouldn't surprise me if he comes back all guns firing.
    I guess that's sort of what I was trying to say. We should be prepared to give him time to re-adjust if he does seem to be holding back a little on his SL return. We all know what we can be like on here if a player isn't performing 100% !

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    At least he won't have to worry about that grub Brett Ferres coming in late and trying to injure a player he has gone off to Feathersone to do damage in the Championship.

At least he won't have to worry about that grub Brett Ferres coming in late and trying to injure a player he has gone off to Feathersone to do damage in the Championship.
    Can't stand him. Cheap shot yard dog he is. Hopefully some hard case in that league belts him