Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video ref.....moaning about Saturday

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Agreed mate, I like it. Only issue might be that League is continuous so you could be half way through the next set before the VR has made a judgment on it.
    Given that it can sometimes take 4or5 minutes to come to a decision, in theory the other team could have gone up the other end of the pitch, scored a try and converted it before the VR has made a decision on the previous try for the other team. It is a recipe for chaos.
    "If you're going to strive for a change then you have to keep going upwards,"
    Keiron Cunningham, 2016

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hemmings' Wig View Post
    Given that it can sometimes take 4or5 minutes to come to a decision, in theory the other team could have gone up the other end of the pitch, scored a try and converted it before the VR has made a decision on the previous try for the other team. It is a recipe for chaos.
    Initially they’d just have to say “it’s worth checking this”, then stop the game, then spend time looking at it properly. It could end up being a mess though you’re right. They’d have to trial it.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    Agreed mate, I like it. Only issue might be that League is continuous so you could be half way through the next set before the VR has made a judgment on it.
    I get what you're saying regarding continuing the game. But some times RaRa continues on. Maybe once the next tackle is complete, the ref can blow the whistle to check or if its serious enough , stop play immediately to check the situation.

But this is from a try scored /not scored point of view. If theres a potential try scoring moment, the VR should be able to look at it and suggest that the Ref has a quick look.

I cant see anything changing btw. In fact, i fully expect Saints to concede a try , like the one Knowles wasnt given at Wembley, during a play off game and it be given. Such is our luck

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    Decent wage, I hope we can encourage more refs but I doubt it, the abuse they get st youth level is a disgrace
    Ganson told me personally that "there was no one decent" coming through , this was about 18 months ago whilst we were on our way to a function, now I know he looks at redvee, so c'mon Steve tell me I'm wrong about this comment , but apart from Chris Kendal you were absolutely right.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post
    I think the VR should be a bit more like the VR in Union.

Rather than waiting for the on field ref to ask any questions, the VR can come in and say "you might want to look at this before restarting play"

Or "we have a potential *insert incident* in back play. When the ball is out of play, we can review"

Then have the ref tell the VR what he/she is able to see on the screen.

"I thought the ball went straight out, but looking at the screen, it seems that defender A touched it, so its a drop out , not a 20 metre restart. Thank you"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    The VR in RU works far better than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    I searched on Google and found this under 'Rugby League referee jobs' in the Q&A section 'How much do SL refs get paid'.
    Unfortunately there's no link to say where it came from!...

Referees in the top-flight of England can earn as much as £70,000 per year. They are paid a basic yearly retainer of between £38,500 and £42,000 based on experience, and then are paid £1,150 per match on top of that. Championship referees receive the same basic yearly retainer but are only paid £600 per game.25 Feb 2019

https://www.google.com/search?q=rugb...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    You would think that salary was enough to entice people. I wonder how many people are aware how much they could earn?

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    You would think that salary was enough to entice people. I wonder how many people are aware how much they could earn?

Is it worth the abuse coming through the ranks?

If they stopped the abuse we would have more refs

Default Alternatively

If refs did their job properly, perhaps the abuse would lessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Once you're in at the RFL, it doesn't matter about your ability or should I say lack of it. You're in the inner sanctum & you can fill your boots on that gravy train.

Meanwhile, glaring errors are made on the biggest stage in the biggest games & the general standard of the elite comp. in this hempishere is rubbish.

They can shout abuse at me for 80 mins per week for 70k PA.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Once you're in at the RFL, it doesn't matter about your ability or should I say lack of it. You're in the inner sanctum & you can fill your boots on that gravy train.

Meanwhile, glaring errors are made on the biggest stage in the biggest games & the general standard of the elite comp. in this hempishere is rubbish.

To reward Hicks and show confidence in him by giving him the Leeds London match, a hugely important fixture just goes to show that the RFL are pleased with his performance on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    To reward Hicks and show confidence in him by giving him the Leeds London match, a hugely important fixture just goes to show that the RFL are pleased with his performance on Saturday.
    Well I never

I heard a rumour they have him doing London because he's still in his hotel room crying due to how bad he was but they are hopeful he will come out Sunday morning just in time to ref the game

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I heard a rumour they have him doing London because he's still in his hotel room crying due to how bad he was but they are hopeful he will come out Sunday morning just in time to ref the game
    Funny that, I heard he was still down in The Smoke spending an unexpected windfall...…………………………………………..

Would refs for tomorrow have been decided before his debacle on Sat?