Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Josh Charnley

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

I need to pay attention to where to boarder is...but there isn't a gnats tackle between them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    I need to pay attention to where to boarder is...but there isn't a gnats tackle between them.
    So he was born in St Helens, raised in St Helens, began his rugby career at St Helens, spent the bulk of his playing career at St Helens, later coached St Helens, and has always lived in St Helens?

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    So he was born in St Helens, raised in St Helens, began his rugby career at St Helens, spent the bulk of his playing career at St Helens, later coached St Helens, and has always lived in St Helens?
    I offer him my sympathy.

Banned

Did you have a robust education system in Warrington. Border separates areas or countries. A boarder is what Boris was at Eton. Boris by the way knew one RL team, yes St Helens. Cullen the only Warrington born legendary player.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprus View Post
    Did you have a robust education system in Warrington. Border separates areas or countries. A boarder is what Boris was at Eton. Boris by the way knew one RL team, yes St Helens. Cullen the only Warrington born legendary player.
    I won't pick the bones of your grammar, or lack of it, because I understood you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    I offer him my sympathy.
    Your lot offered him a job and a seat on the board

Didn't Murphy accept a walk on cameo in 1996 when we won the inaugral Superleague? For the life of me I can't remember who we put 60 on that day.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Banned

Ha Ha now it's my turn Barry it was 80-0. Our banjo plucking cousin does not do history.

Ha Ha now it's my turn Barry it was 80-0. Our banjo plucking cousin does not do history.
    Wasn't that a Regal Trophy game?

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Dead right sir. Regal Trophy 80-0 was early 1995. Last super league game of 1996 v Wire was 66-14 or something.

Was our first title for a fair while. Nothing like 2/3 of a century though. We've won a few after as well whilst Warrington have won...erm....4 challenge cups. Maybe 5?

The sheer enormity of that club cannot be understated

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Regal Trophy semi final

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Dead right sir. Regal Trophy 80-0 was early 1995. Last super league game of 1996 v Wire was 66-14 or something.

Was our first title for a fair while. Nothing like 2/3 of a century though. We've won a few after as well whilst Warrington have won...erm....4 challenge cups. Maybe 5?

The sheer enormity of that club cannot be understated
    Those beatings carried on into the next decade the best we could muster near the 80-0 beasting was the 72-2 home win in the league, the best offer from Wire was 56-22. I seem to remember a game where Kohe Love had a nightmare couldn't handle Newlove and moved to the other side only for Newlove to go hunting for him.
    The 80-0 beasting was the end of Brian Johnson as a Warrington coach.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Those beatings carried on into the next decade the best we could muster near the 80-0 beasting was the 72-2 home win in the league, the best offer from Wire was 56-22. I seem to remember a game where Kohe Love had a nightmare couldn't handle Newlove and moved to the other side only for Newlove to go hunting for him.
    The amount of times that used to happen with Newlove was hilarious. I've never seen a player make his opposite number look completely ridiculous on so regular a basis.

There was a game in which Andy Currier lined up against him for Wire and had to be moved to the other side as well.

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Most of their supporters won't remember. They didn't realise that they had a rugby team until late 2009

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    The amount of times that used to happen with Newlove was hilarious. I've never seen a player make his opposite number look completely ridiculous on so regular a basis.

There was a game in which Andy Currier lined up against him for Wire and had to be moved to the other side as well.
    A Larry the Lamb glove puppet would’ve been more use than Currier in his Wire stint.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    A Larry the Lamb glove puppet would’ve been more use than Currier in his Wire stint.
    Yes, I remember him being unbelievably poor.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post

Newlove used to tear Senior a new ass hole pretty often as well. Always makes me laugh when people gone on about 'Keef' being in the SL's greatest side; not fit to lace Newlove's boots...

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Newlove used to tear Senior a new ass hole pretty often as well. Always makes me laugh when people gone on about 'Keef' being in the SL's greatest side; not fit to lace Newlove's boots...
    Newelove Lyon and Walsh, the best 3 I have seen.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    I’ve never understood the loving that Senior receives as in my view we had at least 4 centres during the Super League era that were vastly superior - Newlove, Lyon, Gidley and Iro. When you also consider that the likes of Talau, Gibbs, Hunte and Hoppe appeared in the centre, I think Senior would struggle to appear in our club’s top ten centres since 1996.

In The South Stand

Senior was a very very good centre. Very different player to Newlove / Lyon who oozed class, but really effective nonetheless and showed up reasonably well at international level too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Newelove Lyon and Walsh, the best 3 I have seen.
    Johnny Walsh , jeez what a talent he was , Newlove was superior to anyone he ever played against, and Lyon was absolute class .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheVee View Post
    Senior was a very very good centre. Very different player to Newlove / Lyon who oozed class, but really effective nonetheless and showed up reasonably well at international level too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would agree with that he played reasonably well at International Level but at domestic level struggled defending against his counterpart if they had good footwork.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by roy litherland View Post
    Johnny Walsh , jeez what a talent he was , Newlove was superior to anyone he ever played against, and Lyon was absolute class .
    I will be honest Roy, Johnny Walsh is still the best I have seen, his talent was just sublime. I heard Murphy had an issue with him? you may know more. I hope your health is in a controlled state.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

I will be honest Roy, Johnny Walsh is still the best I have seen, his talent was just sublime. I heard Murphy had an issue with him? you may know more. I hope your health is in a controlled state.
    They came to blows in a Perth Hotel during the 1975 RWC. Walshy had been out with a few others and came back late, when they got out of the lift Murphy was waiting for them and went for Walshy. Walshy then retaliated.
    Last edited by Belgian Saint; 14th February 2020 at 22:11.