Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's take our minds off Wembley...

Default Exactly right

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Exactly right mate. Teams can play badly and win games. I await Hicks' and the RFL reasons why he did not do what happens on a regular basis, week in and week out in SL and go to the VR. It's too easy to say he's stupid, arrogant, etc, if he is, then he is in every game, yet he goes to the VR every week, so what's the difference in a Cup Final? He's not there to create a spectacle, he's there to enforce fair play. Which he didn't. From the "no try" to the Wire scrum resulting in their try from a Grace "knock on" which didn't happen, to letting Wire encroach on the ten in most sets and upon Coote when he took the conversion. He probably would still've missed, but that's not the point, ENFORCE THE RULES! Disallowing the Wire try was so transparent in its attempt to "level things up" it was laughable.
    Spot on.

At what speed was Hicks travelling after he disallowed the Knowles try?, he certainly looked like he would give Usain Bolt a run for his money.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by retro74 View Post
    I'm not one for singling out people for criticism but Amor was definitely not our best player Saturday, in fact he was in a group of forwards that didn't do enough work for me. Our backs made the majority of our metres

This group
    Peyroux 6 carries
    Knowles 4 carries
    LMS 8 carries
    Amor 6 carries
    Ashworth 2 carries
    Paulo 5 carries

Knowles has an excuse as he's a tackling machine but the likes of Peyroux (who I've grown to like) should have been doing a lot more work
    That’s disgraceful, Ashworth in partcular. Anyone know how long he was on for to only make 2 carries?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    That’s disgraceful, Ashworth in partcular. Anyone know how long he was on for to only make 2 carries?
    We did seem to use our backs more than ever on Saturday. It just didn’t seem right

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    We did seem to use our backs more than ever on Saturday. It just didn’t seem right
    Having same conversation on another thread, it is in the modern game and these stats are a sign of doing much. Lee defending than the opposition

We made over 100 tackles more, the middles work very hard in defence