Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let's get a grip and look forward

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Just to give this a bit of perspective,how many finals have Warrington lost before they won this one ? You need to get to the big games to get big game experience and that paid off for them. I've read countless Holbrook is to blame posts and we need a new coach,well we are getting one so people calm down a bit. We have a very good team and some very good young players coming through,our time will come.
    How many finals had Sheffield Eagles been in before they hammered Wigan?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

It's a difficult problem and until we have a maverick and a grub we won't get home but will be the most consistent team for years to come.There are a couple getting to retirement age and need replacing but let's realise we don't need much because we are just a fraction short at the moment.

I don't accept Stu's point about a problem at the club because the record from 2006 is over many different teams rather than just one set.Maybe it's time to stop being the entertainers?
    Learned comment from The Don

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Just to give this a bit of perspective,how many finals have Warrington lost before they won this one ? You need to get to the big games to get big game experience and that paid off for them. I've read countless Holbrook is to blame posts and we need a new coach,well we are getting one so people calm down a bit. We have a very good team and some very good young players coming through,our time will come.
    So because Warrington lost 6 finals in a row it would be acceptable for us to do similar? Don’t know why you’d want to compare us to a team who have been serial bottlers anyway. Also, we’ve won one final in 10 seasons and that number will become 11 if we don’t win the Grand Final. That’s an abysmal record.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    So because Warrington lost 6 finals in a row it would be acceptable for us to do similar? Don’t know why you’d want to compare us to a team who have been serial bottlers anyway. Also, we’ve won one final in 10 seasons and that number will become 11 if we don’t win the Grand Final. That’s an abysmal record.
    Would i be happy with a run of final losses ? No of course i wouldn't be. Why am i comparing us with Warrington ? because they lost a lot of big games before they won one,we now have more big game experience,why would i compare us to them ? Because they had the bottlers tag and now have got that off their back. We have to be in the big games to win them,win or lose you gain something from them. If we don't win the grand final it will hurt. Bottom line is people are saying it's a Holbrook coaching problem,maybe it is maybe it isn't,but it no longer really matters as he is off come seasons end and we move on to a new coach. Like i said,we have a good team,we have some really good young players,the future is looking good.

We have no divine right to win things ( i'm sure some people on here think we have ) All we can ask is to be in the mix and get to the big games and see what happens for good or for bad.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    How many finals had Sheffield Eagles been in before they hammered Wigan?
    Hammered, they lost by nine points?
    However they were good enough to win the Grand Final in the same season. Will Saints be good enough to do the same? We'll find out in the next six or seven weeks.

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    However they were good enough to win the Grand Final in the same season. Will Saints be good enough to do the same? We'll find out in the next six or seven weeks.
    You’ve not posted so much all season Brian and it’s come after a Saints loss, sums you up.
    Enjoy spending your time on an oppositions’ forum, suppose as a Wigan fan you’ve not had any joy against us this year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    You still lost you bellend.
    Bore off back to your fascination with kids rugby...