We lost one game all be it a big one. All these lads are world class athlete's with high quality coaches on both sides whoever we play. The players are all fit and able to play otherwise it would be dangerous to let them. We have been and are the best team over the last two years and we still are.Small margins win big games.

Where we do fall down is when we are faced with something a bit different and are not able the change games quick enough without that 'maverick' doing something he is not coached to do.

I do not believe that the lads are to blame here I think the responsibility lies with the coaching staff and not just Justin Holbrook.I know there is the old addage that the coach cannot cross the white line but he can influence what is done with messages etc. With the benefit of hindsight which is a wonderful thing we should have reviewed our position as soon as Wire announced that Currie was going to be stand off. As soon as I saw that I knew what we were in for and exactly what Wire were going to do having watched them beat Hull in the semi. So I would have varied our game to keep turning wire around with short kicks and grubbers for example but we did not seem to have the ability to change from our previously successful systems.

Coupled with some extremely poor officiating and 4 returning players who were arguably not match fit we actually contributed to our own downfall.

We need to get a grip for the next month.

Players who are fit an in form get a place and we sack off any celebration of the LLS and refocus all our efforts on playing with pace power and guile.

We MUST find ways to change games and play what is in front of us because it appears in big games we cannot think straight on the field but more importantly on the sidelines. We snookered ourselves with team selection not having a back on the bench able to change the style of play when we need to.

I am not as upset as I was on saturday we have not been to Wembley or a big final for a long time and we need to learn how to win them so it is arguable that saturday was just part of the learning curve for this team.I am too long in the tooth to have a meltdown over one game.