Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: Mentally scared

Noooobie

Default Mentally scared

We are all still suffering from yesterdays defeat, combined to the way we rolled over to Catalan last year must send a loud
    message to the coaching staff regarding big games.My friends that support various other RL sides have enjoyed there moment
    in adding to my sadness. There suggestion was we should take to field in semis or finals to the Benny Hill theme tune because that
    is how we play, we act like the Key stone Kops when we have more ability than our opponents.Who are our leaders and big game players?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Last week i said i thought we would beat Warrington comfortably if we play as well as we have throughout the year. Yesterday we didn’t play like we have played. We can dissect the game all we want. Walmsley and Coote unfit, Knowles try etc etc. Bottom line, yet again, we saved our weakest performance for when it matters most. That has become a real trend with this club.
    Last week we were favourites for everything this year. Now, all bets are off. We are capable of winning the Grand Final but at the same time i wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if we get rolled over in the semi at our ground. Any team that comes to the TWS in the play offs will have their tails up big time.
    I said last week, we just don’t seem to wear the favourites tag very well. The pressure gets to us and we crumble. In the opening 20 minutes yesterday we had enough ball in good attacking position to be 18 points up but looked clueless and as usual, the players who look like world beaters in the weekly rounds seem to look bang average. Passes to ground, Scarsbrook missing tackles, Lomax lost, Roby some pretty poor passes from acting half, etc.

The best thing that can happen to us this year is we limp into the play offs and get written off by every man and his dog going into the Grand Final semi. This scenario is unlikely though. I have a feeling we will dust off, thrash Castleford on Thursday and build over the next 5 weeks, before crashing out in our home semi for Old Trafford.
    This pattern has become the norm for this club.
    Last week i thought we’d win everything, now i have a feeling we’ll win d*** all. Does this make me fickle? Maybe but its how i feel.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Last week i said i thought we would beat Warrington comfortably if we play as well as we have throughout the year. Yesterday we didn’t play like we have played. We can dissect the game all we want. Walmsley and Coote unfit, Knowles try etc etc. Bottom line, yet again, we saved our weakest performance for when it matters most. That has become a real trend with this club.
    Last week we were favourites for everything this year. Now, all bets are off. We are capable of winning the Grand Final but at the same time i wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if we get rolled over in the semi at our ground. Any team that comes to the TWS in the play offs will have their tails up big time.
    I said last week, we just don’t seem to wear the favourites tag very well. The pressure gets to us and we crumble. In the opening 20 minutes yesterday we had enough ball in good attacking position to be 18 points up but looked clueless and as usual, the players who look like world beaters in the weekly rounds seem to look bang average. Passes to ground, Scarsbrook missing tackles, Lomax lost, Roby some pretty poor passes from acting half, etc.

The best thing that can happen to us this year is we limp into the play offs and get written off by every man and his dog going into the Grand Final semi. This scenario is unlikely though. I have a feeling we will dust off, thrash Castleford on Thursday and build over the next 5 weeks, before crashing out in our home semi for Old Trafford.
    This pattern has become the norm for this club.
    Last week i thought we’d win everything, now i have a feeling we’ll win d*** all. Does this make me fickle? Maybe but its how i feel.
    No good thrashing Cas on Thursday, we are supposed to turn up on Friday. Maybe we thrashed Warrington on Friday last week at captains run

In all seriousness, I was a little concerned that we may be in awe of the occasion having seen footage of the lads Friday coming out jaws on the floor at the fact we were at Wembley. Perhaps Warringtons familiarity with the occasion helped them. Thankfully we have enough that have done the GF scene for that not to be an issue should we not butcher the two chances we have of getting there

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    No good thrashing Cas on Thursday, we are supposed to turn up on Friday. Maybe we thrashed Warrington on Friday last week at captains run

In all seriousness, I was a little concerned that we may be in awe of the occasion having seen footage of the lads Friday coming out jaws on the floor at the fact we were at Wembley. Perhaps Warringtons familiarity with the occasion helped them. Thankfully we have enough that have done the GF scene for that not to be an issue should we not butcher the two chances we have of getting there
    Quite possibly, pal. I have a bad feeling that we just don’t do well with the favourites tag. In the 2014 final we were huge underdogs. Their was no pressure on us. The players had that subconscious dogged tenacity that comes from being written off. We scrapped for everything and were brave for 80 minutes.
    Saturday we lost that final after 20 minutes IMO. 20 minutes of good position and good field position but no points on the board coupled with the Knowles incident and the doubt started to creep in to the players heads.
    I would like to think that we will be better at Old Trafford but im concerned that we won’t even get there this year.
    We will be better once Coote and Walmsley are fully fit though.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies