Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walmsley Concern

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Milky View Post
    Paulo has not took a decent ball in all season a guy as big a unit has him 2m or so from the dire line hitting a grubber instead of busting over when we were putting them under so much pressure.its about putting your body on the line and I for one don’t think he’s any intentions of going that far in the red vee
    I’ve calmed down a bit since last night but I’m still massively p*ssed off with the team and coach as a whole. As harsh as this is the only individual I’m annoyed with is Paulo, probably because I have been whole season to be fair. Dreadful, dreadful player who is only here for the money. Supposed to be like an extra half with great ball handling skills, haven’t seen any evidence of that. No doubt he’ll be on decent money as well given he was in the NRL (how he lasted 10 years there I don’t know). Another 2 years of his dross to put up with, hopefully Holbrook sees sense and drops him. Possibly the worst overseas player we’ve had.

Learning All The Songs

Age is catching up with the backbone of our forwards. Time for Bentley and co to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I have to disagree with you about Philbin. He’s a local player and what he has is passion and that means he’s up for this type of game. I think Price threw the Wigan v Warrington game but he did’t tell Philbin that. The lad really stood out in the Wigan game; his legs driving him forward when someone else might have gone to ground. In addition, he clearly doesn’t suffer from big match nerves. I think we should give credit where it’s due.
    Philbin was the best player on the park in the Wigan game last week.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    IPossibly the worst overseas player we’ve had.
    Jesus, you mustn't have watched Saints long.

I could reel off a fairly long lost of worse signings.

From Michael O' Connor through to Josh Perry with plenty of Mark Bourneville's in-between!!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tilly2006 View Post
    But he seems to have gone from one extreme to the other Div. Surely he should be able to find some middle ground? Everyone knows that a Wembly game is energy sapping because its nearly always a hot sweltering day & wider pitch so to risk match fitness on a couple of players is a gamble but on four players is just daft on JH part. At least 2 of the players should have played against Leeds & possibly all four in hindsight. If any would have broken down & missed the final then so be it but the odds on all four hitting the ground running after so many weeks out was asking way too much. That's almost a third of the starting 13 not match fit & that is one hell of a mountain to climb even before a ball has been kicked.
    This was my thoughts to a few friends before the game. I don't mind if we rotate a player when we have a full squad, but the teams we put out in some recent games were farcical.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    It's a very special athelete that could return after a few weeks off, in one of the biggest games for years, in the couldron of Wembley, in 30+ degrees heat and under the pump from the first few minutes chasing the game with the weight of expectation. I think a few of us feared beforehand that the returnees might struggle for match fitness and be rusty. There's no substitute for playing at intensity week in, week out.
    Last years excuse was the players had played too much.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Philbin was the best player on the park in the Wigan game last week.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    Jesus, you mustn't have watched Saints long.

I could reel off a fairly long lost of worse signings.

From Michael O' Connor through to Josh Perry with plenty of Mark Bourneville's in-between!!
    Wouldnt fit his narrative to be level headed

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    I ran to the bar harder than he ran yesterday
    No one races to the bar at £5.50 a pint!

Quote Originally Posted by Woolyback View Post
    No one races to the bar at £5.50 a pint!
    Wondered where all my money had gone