Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: As far as he can?

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    So what was it then 50/50, 60/40, 70/30? Some great posts from you and rjm25r leading up to this game.

Will lessons be learned on the pitch for old Trafford.... Possibly
    Will the fans ever learn..... Errrr no
    Thanks for your positive input
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs

So what was it then 50/50, 60/40, 70/30? Some great posts from you and rjm25r leading up to this game.

Will lessons be learned on the pitch for old Trafford.... Possibly
    Will the fans ever learn..... Errrr no
    Tell me which one of my posts was wrong. Warrington are a poor side (maybe terrible was slightly over the top), they’ve lost 5 games in a row and are closer to London than us, that is a fact. I never said we would beat them easily I said we should, there is a big difference between the two. And had we turned up we would have won the game comfortably, instead we didn’t and put in our worst performance of the season. We certainly didn’t lose because Warrington were brilliant, they weren’t. That game yesterday was also definitely not 50/50.

Learning All The Songs

In response to RJM25R, that isn’t a prediction and isn’t the same as you saying we will win easily.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    In response to RJM25R, that isn’t a prediction and isn’t the same as you saying we will win easily.
    Ah, might have known. You’re only happy if you’re slaying someone.

As you were.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

That game yesterday was also definitely not 50/50.
    What was it then because last time I checked the team that didn't stand much chance (in your opinion) won

And last time we played them when it mattered, guess what, they won that as well

Banned

It doesn't matter because he's positive.

What was it then because last time I checked the team that didn't stand much chance (in your opinion) won

And last time we played them when it mattered, guess what, they won that as well
    Exactly. I don't know if I'm over reacting but I really have my doubts over us in a game that actually counts

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Ah, might have known. You’re only happy if you’re slaying someone.

As you were.
    I think everyone gets the point now, you love the team and you’re very positive and optimistic. Bizarre attitude given the events of yesterday but I suppose admirable that you can feel like that. However, I don’t think anyone’s in the mood for any positivity at the moment. That’s the nice way of putting it, at least.

Learning All The Songs

Just because we lost doesn’t mean it was a 50/50 game. I’m not sure how you can suggest it was, we are 16 points above them, we’ve beaten them 3 times and they’ve lost 5 in a row. Yes our big game record is awful, but let’s forget they had lost 6 finals in a row and that we’d won a final more recently than them. There was nothing wrong in me saying we should have beat them easily, we should have but unfortunately we have a team who bottle finals as well as semi finals now.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    It doesn't matter because he's positive.
    You really need to work on your anger issues, try to be positive in life you’d be amazed where it gets you.

I think everyone gets the point now, you love the team and you’re very positive and optimistic. Bizarre attitude given the events of yesterday but I suppose admirable that you can feel like that. However, I don’t think anyone’s in the mood for any positivity at the moment. That’s the nice way of putting it, at least.

As above^

You guys must have been near-suicidal after our OldTrafford 5 in a row marathon if this is how you react to this!

Just because we lost doesn’t mean it was a 50/50 game. I’m not sure how you can suggest it was, we are 16 points above them, we’ve beaten them 3 times and they’ve lost 5 in a row. Yes our big game record is awful, but let’s forget they had lost 6 finals in a row and that we’d won a final more recently than them. There was nothing wrong in me saying we should have beat them easily, we should have but unfortunately we have a team who bottle finals as well as semi finals now.
    There's 2 parts to the competition.

There's the league. The part that just gets you an invite to a knockout comp where the real trophy is given out.

Then we have the real 'big games' cup, playoffs GF

You've based your prediction on part 1, the league. You've just disregarded the part we were actually playing in yesterday. Let's not kid ourselves here that draw did us a massive favour in getting there.

Base the prediction on part 2 only so disregard the league. Ask yourself when was the last time we beat Warrington in a knock out situation and I'd say the chance of us being beaten yesterday would be pretty high.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgey91 View Post
    They were quite literally in many occasions 2-5 metres offside. Very often straight in front of the ref. We were poor can't complain at losing but that was ••••ing ridiculous
    Good point - but if you watched it applied to both sides not just the Wolfs

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    He wont have many big games at gold coast
    He doesn’t have to ... getting Gold Coast in the top 8 in the next 2 years ( 50 per cent win rate) would be considered major success

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgey91 View Post
    They were quite literally in many occasions 2-5 metres offside. Very often straight in front of the ref. We were poor can't complain at losing but that was ••••ing ridiculous
    Another final refereed completely differently to a normal league game. Failing to penalise the obvious in an attempt to ‘let the game flow’.

Banned

There's the league. The part that just gets you an invite to a knockout comp where the real trophy is given out.

You've based your prediction on part 1, the league. You've just disregarded the part we were actually playing in yesterday. Let's not kid ourselves here that draw did us a massive favour in getting there.

Base the prediction on part 2 only so disregard the league. Ask yourself when was the last time we beat Warrington in a knock out situation and I'd say the chance of us being beaten yesterday would be pretty high.

Learning All The Songs

I get what you’re saying and fwiw I agree with the part about the draw, I’ve said as much myself. However, whilst we haven’t won the big games agaisnt Warrington they’d lost 6 finals in a row so up until yesterday they were massive bottlers themselves, just as much as us I’d argue.

Banned

Last rime was prob in the cup in 2008 since we moved we've played them in four knock out games and lost them all

I get what you’re saying and fwiw I agree with the part about the draw, I’ve said as much myself. However, whilst we haven’t won the big games agaisnt Warrington they’d lost 6 finals in a row so up until yesterday they were massive bottlers themselves, just as much as us I’d argue.
    But recently bottlers vs bottlers they have a far better record. I don't think we've beaten them for quite a few years now. I've not looked just from memory

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Saint View Post
    He doesn’t have to ... getting Gold Coast in the top 8 in the next 2 years ( 50 per cent win rate) would be considered major success
    Kind of my point...

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

But recently bottlers vs bottlers they have a far better record. I don't think we've beaten them for quite a few years now. I've not looked just from memory
    Warrington have been able to stick to a low error slog fest game plan in said big games and we haven't been able to hack it in last years play off and again yesterday. Until yesterday we had looked ok to cope with just about anything people had thrown at us.

The team and coaches need to get to the root of it very quickly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    You really need to work on your anger issues, try to be positive in life you’d be amazed where it gets you.

As above^

You guys must have been near-suicidal after our OldTrafford 5 in a row marathon if this is how you react to this!
    So you're happy we got beat? I'm not sure what point you're trying to make but you're not making it very well.