Hattons Solicitors Banner
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 151

Thread: Big time bottlers

  1. #26
    Starting A Programme Collection Dr Channard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    757
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    Quite easily.

    How does a team so dominant and so much better than all of its competitors, so much so that second place are closer to last than they are to first be classed as failures.

    Yes I want us to win the grand final, but nothing will later the common opinion that Saints have been the best team this year. You take there dominance and covert it to a football team they’d be champions and be rated as one of if not the best team in super league history.
    You make an excellent point. Agree 100%.

  2. #27
    Starting A Programme Collection The frenchman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Crank caverns
    Posts
    868
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    Quite easily.

    How does a team so dominant and so much better than all of its competitors, so much so that second place are closer to last than they are to first be classed as failures.

    Yes I want us to win the grand final, but nothing will later the common opinion that Saints have been the best team this year. You take there dominance and covert it to a football team they’d be champions and be rated as one of if not the best team in super league history.
    Is it the best team though, players from other teams could be coasting the league because they know it's just a warm up for the real games. Nothing is really on the line in the league except 2 points. We all know the rules at the beginning of the season it's all about winning those games. Warrington have proved they are better than us again.

  3. #28
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,083
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    And so have I for 30 years. I don't go much anymore because 1. I work away. 2. Most of my mates don't go anymore. 3. It's boring. 4. Our fans embarrass me.

    I'm absolutely gutted about yesterday. All the same, you sound like an idiot with all this "we go again" shite. •••• off, people have a right to be ••••ed off at the moment.

    Excuses excuses.....

    I live nearly 40 miles away, I sometimes go to the game alone because my mates aren’t all St Helens fans, it’s not boring and I’ve never been embarrassed by the fans (maybe once in Benidorm singing We are the champions in 2006?)


    I’m gutted about the result yesterday but the season isn’t over and we can still be involved so we WILL go again!!


    If you don’t want to “go again” that’s your issue but it makes YOU the biggest bottler if you want to jack it all in.

    I’m an optimist, you’re a pessimist and getting angry and shouting at your IPad or whatever is not going to make things better. There’s no guarantee that we will get to the GF but i’ll Still follow Saints.
    Get busy living, or get busy dying.

  4. #29
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    751
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Excuses excuses.....

    I live nearly 40 miles away, I sometimes go to the game alone because my mates aren’t all St Helens fans, it’s not boring and I’ve never been embarrassed by the fans (maybe once in Benidorm singing We are the champions in 2006?)


    I’m gutted about the result yesterday but the season isn’t over and we can still be involved so we WILL go again!!


    If you don’t want to “go again” that’s your issue but it makes YOU the biggest bottler if you want to jack it all in.

    I’m an optimist, you’re a pessimist and getting angry and shouting at your IPad or whatever is not going to make things better. There’s no guarantee that we will get to the GF but i’ll Still follow Saints.
    Have a biscuit.

  5. #30
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    4. Our fans embarrass me.
    With you on that one - not sure whether this has become apparent to a lot of people but 3 of our amoeba brained 'supporters' were at it with Hicks on Twitter last night. One of the regular posters on here was asking the RFL for Hick's Twitter details so he could send him a 'nicely worded death threat'.

    Embarrassing doesn't get close and whether he was drunk, joking, or both I hope he gets locked up.

    Our fans are clowns.

  6. #31
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,083
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    With you on that one - not sure whether this has become apparent to a lot of people but 3 of our amoeba brained 'supporters' were at it with Hicks on Twitter last night. One of the regular posters on here was asking the RFL for Hick's Twitter details so he could send him a 'nicely worded death threat'.

    Embarrassing doesn't get close and whether he was drunk, joking, or both I hope he gets locked up.

    Our fans are clowns.
    That’s pathetic. Name and shame the board regular.
    Get busy living, or get busy dying.

  7. #32
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    751
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    With you on that one - not sure whether this has become apparent to a lot of people but 3 of our amoeba brained 'supporters' were at it with Hicks on Twitter last night. One of the regular posters on here was asking the RFL for Hick's Twitter details so he could send him a 'nicely worded death threat'.

    Embarrassing doesn't get close and whether he was drunk, joking, or both I hope he gets locked up.

    Our fans are clowns.
    What's more pathetic is copying those Warrington ••••wits. As far as Hicks goes, he's made his bed as far as I'm concerned, the bloke is a disgrace.

  8. #33
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    With you on that one - not sure whether this has become apparent to a lot of people but 3 of our amoeba brained 'supporters' were at it with Hicks on Twitter last night. One of the regular posters on here was asking the RFL for Hick's Twitter details so he could send him a 'nicely worded death threat'.

    Embarrassing doesn't get close and whether he was drunk, joking, or both I hope he gets locked up.

    Our fans are clowns.
    Not good is it?

    I don't have Twitter so I haven't seen it. I just use this site for the Saints stuff.

    It's completely unacceptable what has gone on with Hicks but I can't sit here & say he's a good ref. I think he's a very poor referee
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  9. #34
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    What's more pathetic is copying those Warrington ••••wits. As far as Hicks goes, he's made his bed as far as I'm concerned, the bloke is a disgrace.
    It's such a shame for the team. Turned us over in the cup final & they didn't have any support
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  10. #35
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,094
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    With you on that one - not sure whether this has become apparent to a lot of people but 3 of our amoeba brained 'supporters' were at it with Hicks on Twitter last night. One of the regular posters on here was asking the RFL for Hick's Twitter details so he could send him a 'nicely worded death threat'.

    Embarrassing doesn't get close and whether he was drunk, joking, or both I hope he gets locked up.

    Our fans are clowns.
    The tweets you’re referring to were completely pointless and not very clever but not as bad as you’re making out. Saddened was taking the p*ss, I think him saying he’ll send him a ‘nicely worded’ death threat was the clear indicator that it was joke, albeit one in poor taste. Again, not clever but to suggest he should get locked up is hyperbole at its finest. The other two fans said Hicks was ‘up there arse’ because of the death threat with a bit of name calling with the final tweet calling him an ‘incompetent c*nt’ which given his performance yesterday was completely understandable. Two of them were maybe out of order but it was more Aaron Bower looking to cause a stir, quite sad really.

  11. #36
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    751
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    It's such a shame for the team. Turned us over in the cup final & they didn't have any support
    Sorry mate, I'm not sure what you're getting at.

  12. #37
    In The South Stand Ralph Fridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    2,749
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Sorry mate, I'm not sure what you're getting at.
    Sorry mate. Warrington fans. They didn't have any there yesterday. Was embarrasing that crowd. Stadium was empty
    Dave Woods: the guy who makes Eddie Hemmings look like a decent commentator

  13. #38
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    751
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    The tweets you’re referring to were completely pointless and not very clever but not as bad as you’re making out. Saddened was taking the p*ss, I think him saying he’ll send him a ‘nicely worded’ death threat was the clear indicator that it was joke, albeit one in poor taste. Again, not clever but to suggest he should get locked up is hyperbole at its finest. The other two fans said Hicks was ‘up there arse’ because of the death threat with a bit of name calling with the final tweet calling him an ‘incompetent c*nt’ which given his performance yesterday was completely understandable. Two of them were maybe out of order but it was more Aaron Bower looking to cause a stir, quite sad really.
    Aaron Bower reminds me of that little dweeb Owens Jones.

  14. #39
    In The South Stand Greengrass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.
    Posts
    4,176
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Is it the best team though, players from other teams could be coasting the league because they know it's just a warm up for the real games. Nothing is really on the line in the league except 2 points. We all know the rules at the beginning of the season it's all about winning those games. Warrington have proved they are better than us again.
    I think teams except us are taking the Leeds approach coast through the league doing enough to get in the play offs then peak for the big one, we have the hub cap and smashed the league but it is play offs and October at Old Trafford that unfortunately decides whether we are Champs or also rans AGAIN.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

  15. #40
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    751
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Sorry mate. Warrington fans. They didn't have any there yesterday. Was embarrasing that crowd. Stadium was empty
    Aye, I noticed. I honestly can't say I'm too upset I didn't make the trip myself though.

  16. #41
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    The tweets you’re referring to were completely pointless and not very clever but not as bad as you’re making out. Saddened was taking the p*ss, I think him saying he’ll send him a ‘nicely worded’ death threat was the clear indicator that it was joke, albeit one in poor taste. Again, not clever but to suggest he should get locked up is hyperbole at its finest. The other two fans said Hicks was ‘up there arse’ because of the death threat with a bit of name calling with the final tweet calling him an ‘incompetent c*nt’ which given his performance yesterday was completely understandable. Two of them were maybe out of order but it was more Aaron Bower looking to cause a stir, quite sad really.
    Given what happened with Hicks in the last week, and the negative publicity, if you want to be an apologist for the growing number of clowns amongst our fans then go ahead.

    I don't.

  17. #42
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    290
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    That’s pathetic. Name and shame the board regular.
    Are we allowed to name them ?

  18. #43
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Is it the best team though, players from other teams could be coasting the league because they know it's just a warm up for the real games. Nothing is really on the line in the league except 2 points. We all know the rules at the beginning of the season it's all about winning those games. Warrington have proved they are better than us again.
    From a fans POV yes but from a balance sheet POV winning the LLS is important. I don't think Wigan would have planned how their season has panned out but yet again they are getting more competitive when it counts. Last year they didn't just peak for the play offs they steadily built up momentum by winning all their top eight games and carried that momentum into the play offs. Our last few games should be about building momentum now not about wrapping players in cotton wool & waiting for the all important final because we will get our ar$es bit yet again if we use that approach for a second time.

  19. #44
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,094
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    Given what happened with Hicks in the last week, and the negative publicity, if you want to be an apologist for the growing number of clowns amongst our fans then go ahead.

    I don't.
    I’m not being an apologist, they were daft tweets and with the way that any slightly offensive comment is heavily scrutinised these days completely stupid. I’m simply saying you’re massively over reacting. Anyway, to find those tweets Aaron Bower had to have searched Hicks’ name and has clearly done so to look for criticism of him to have a whinge about rugby fans. Him doing that was completely pathetic and you’ve played right into his hands.

  20. #45
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    10,925
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    And so have I for 30 years. I don't go much anymore because 1. I work away. 2. Most of my mates don't go anymore. 3. It's boring. 4. Our fans embarrass me.

    I'm absolutely gutted about yesterday. All the same, you sound like an idiot with all this "we go again" shite. •••• off, people have a right to be ••••ed off at the moment.
    I don't think point #3 is valid Dave. We have generally been a joy to watch under Holbrook.

  21. #46
    Learning All The Songs RJM25R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Royton, Oldham
    Posts
    1,083
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mufcsaint View Post
    Are we allowed to name them ?
    I meant the board name (it seems it has already been mentioned who it was anyway?!)
    Get busy living, or get busy dying.

  22. #47
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,094
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I don't think point #3 is valid Dave. We have generally been a joy to watch under Holbrook.
    I think he’s right. I go every game I can and will continue to next season and beyond but in a season how many games can you genuinely say were exciting and enjoyable to watch. There are too many pointless league games against too many sides who are only in the league to make up the numbers and then when it comes to the big, knockout games (the ones that should be exciting) we bottle them anyway. Home games in particular are the worst for being dull.

  23. #48
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    787
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A.O.88 View Post
    Quite easily.

    How does a team so dominant and so much better than all of its competitors, so much so that second place are closer to last than they are to first be classed as failures.

    Yes I want us to win the grand final, but nothing will later the common opinion that Saints have been the best team this year. You take there dominance and covert it to a football team they’d be champions and be rated as one of if not the best team in super league history.
    We all know how the competition works. Warrington know how it works. They played their best game against us yesterday when the chips were down. We played the worst we played all season in the game we needed it most. It would be different if it was at one off but it is a worrying trend. The other teams know that we are probably the most talented team but if they can turn it into a grind we do not have the mentality to tough it out. The number of times we handed the ball over going for the try on fifth tackle was suicidal. Warrington were exhausted in the second half. We needed to stay patient but we always panic

    Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

  24. #49
    Starting A Programme Collection Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    751
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Div View Post
    I don't think point #3 is valid Dave. We have generally been a joy to watch under Holbrook.
    Yeah, that's not quite what I meant. The rugby under Holbrook has been much better but I meant the whole experience. I'm not keen on the new ground, the banter is crap, a lot the new "songs" are crap and we're supported by some right whoppers. Just my opinion of course but I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.

  25. #50
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Haydock
    Posts
    426
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Yeah, that's not quite what I meant. The rugby under Holbrook has been much better but I meant the whole experience. I'm not keen on the new ground, the banter is crap, a lot the new "songs" are crap and we're supported by some right whoppers. Just my opinion of course but I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.
    To be fair every club as an element of whoppers supporting them. It is what it is. The last 2 seasons I’ve started to take my lad and we’ve got season tickets in the north stand. I’ve enjoyed most games and it’s a damn site better than the dross we’ve been served up under previous coaches. I look forward to a Friday night where in the past it’s been a chore knowing that your about to be bored to death.

    Despite the result yesterday and the disappointment both me and my son went through, we’ll be there on Friday watching us lift the hub cap. If we do make the GF we’ll be there again hoping that we may see us lift that major trophy. It’s what being a fan is all about I suppose!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •