Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Learning All The Songs

Default Choked?

Did we choke? Again

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    Did we choke? Again
    Yes.

We made a lot of mistakes, the 3 big ones led to tries.

Grace knock-on
    Coote
    Fages

Did we play our game, or did we play Wire’s?
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    We made a lot of mistakes, the 3 big ones led to tries.

Grace knock-on

Wasn't a knock on. Well, it was - the Wire player knocked on into Grace.

The turning point was Hicks disallowing Knowles' try and refusing to go to the VR.

We seemed to play panic rugby after that and it fell into Wire's hands.

It's like Murrayfield 2002 all over again.

Choked.

Just glad I booked a holiday without thinking of the dates, so am not there.

Gutted.

And I'm taking a bit of a break from RedVee for a few weeks. This place is going to turn into a shitfest.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Wasn't a knock on. Well, it was - the Wire player knocked on into Grace.

The turning point was Hicks disallowing Knowles' try and refusing to go to the VR.

We seemed to play panic rugby after that and it fell into Wire's hands.

It's like Murrayfield 2002 all over again.

Choked.

Just glad I booked a holiday without thinking of the dates, so am not there.

Gutted.

And I'm taking a bit of a break from RedVee for a few weeks. This place is going to turn into a shitfest.
    Glad you spotted the "knock on" by Grace that was actually off the arm of a Warrington player into Grace! I was shouting at the TV! So Hicks made three huge mistakes. We didn't play well but on a level playing field I feel we would still have won. Once again an official has stupidly altered the course of a game. Was he stupid, arrogant (in not going to the VR for our first "try") or is it something else? I know I'm getting sick of this type of decision against us in big games. No wonder the wider world doesn't take our sport seriously!

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Glad you spotted the "knock on" by Grace that was actually off the arm of a Warrington player into Grace! I was shouting at the TV! So Hicks made three huge mistakes. We didn't play well but on a level playing field I feel we would still have won. Once again an official has stupidly altered the course of a game. Was he stupid, arrogant (in not going to the VR for our first "try") or is it something else? I know I'm getting sick of this type of decision against us in big games. No wonder the wider world doesn't take our sport seriously!
    Your 'something else' was what I thought .

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Yes.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs sinkers89's Avatar

Knowles get his try given , diffrent game.

Other than that. Shite.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

We were awful.

Resting players against teams weeks ago was fine, but leeds should have been a run out for the final.

Saints players going from 0 to 100 with no run out is bad planning.

Coote looked like Jamie Foster, but Foster could still kick a goal.

All the saints players are better than that game, but that game is what they will be measured by.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers89 View Post

Other than that. Shite.

We played badly and Warrington did what they needed to do. Hicks mistake was crucial but we lacked composure. Coote had a bad game. Too long out too big a game to return

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Pasty View Post
    We played badly and Warrington did what they needed to do. Hicks mistake was crucial but we lacked composure. Coote had a bad game. Too long out too big a game to return
    Looked totally unprepared for that. Too many easy games for weeks and Holdbrook rests half the players last week for a game that would have been ideal preparation. Terrible decision not to go to the screen for Knowles' try but imo they looked off the pace , nervous and panicky. Looked like they'd played and won the game in their heads beforehand. Too much time on social media with Holdbrook naming the team on the pitch video. All too complacent and over-hyped nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghwood Saint View Post
    Looked totally unprepared for that. Too many easy games for weeks and Holdbrook rests half the players last week for a game that would have been ideal preparation. Terrible decision not to go to the screen for Knowles' try but imo they looked off the pace , nervous and panicky. Looked like they'd played and won the game in their heads beforehand. Too much time on social media with Holdbrook naming the team on the pitch video. All too complacent and over-hyped nonsense.
    I'd say the opposite to the middle part of your post.

They looked like they had played and lost the games in their head beforehand.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I think the lack of games for the players that have been out injured was a big factor. Coote, Knowles and to some extent Walmsley looked off the pace. Certainly I’ve never seen Knowles fall off as many tackles. Big Al was mistiming his running onto the ball and that can only be down to rustiness. Roby did very little penetrative running and Coote just had a stinker. Seriously, most people out of the crowd could have kicked that goal and for me it was a turning point. We had some momentum and missing that kick just knocked the wind out of us.

Other than that. Shite.

Yes...that was as bad as anything under Cunningham . Coote was terrible never fit enough . I feel sorry for those who went down to Wembley .

Noooobie

Down here in farthest West Wales, the writing was on the wall at half time. So much so that I went off to mow the feckin' lawn. Hicks' decision not to refer Knowles legitimate try, however, was possibly decisive, though overall the performance was woeful.

Got A Season Ticket

Holbrook will go down as the biggest choker coach on SL if we don't win the GF

Learning All The Songs The Chief's Avatar

Bottled it, end of. Knowles try disallowed, we stopped playing. Wires outplayed and out coached us. Major questions over Holbrook and his ability to coach a team to a win in a big game. He should be reading the riot act in the changing room and reminding them how embarrassing today’s loss was as a favourite, arguably biggest favourite in CC final history and failed to get the result when it mattered. Walmsley and Thompson were anonymous.

The GF can’t come soon enough, but on today’s evidence, not sure we would win there either

Learning All The Songs

Let’s just face it Justin’s teams play really really good rugby, they just Choke when it matters.

It’s all part of being a Saints fan, you need to experience the pain, if makes the success sweeter.

There is a new generation of Saints fans who haven’t had the pain, hopefully with a fresh man at the helm we will get the success.

There are two types of coaches one who coach a team to play well, but then you need a coach that can coach how to win under pressure (oh there is a third type KC)

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    Bottled it, end of. Knowles try disallowed, we stopped playing. Wires outplayed and out coached us. Major questions over Holbrook and his ability to coach a team to a win in a big game. He should be reading the riot act in the changing room and reminding them how embarrassing today’s loss was as a favourite, arguably biggest favourite in CC final history and failed to get the result when it mattered. Walmsley and Thompson were anonymous.

The GF can’t come soon enough, but on today’s evidence, not sure we would win there either
    Or get there

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post

Mate I don't know who you are but you obviously know the game inside out , only just come on here after the game to comment = I don't need to you've put what happened in a nutshell , I'll just add three simple words "we bottled it" .
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

I just think it wasn’t meant to be today. Everything that could go wrong did. The knowles try was a shocker and if we score there it’s a different ball game because it’s Wire chasing the game and they weren’t set up for that. Unfortunately until we can get over the hump in big games we’ll carry on being known as the big game bottlers.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Stick it on every fans shirt. Got to own the tag till its gone.

In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Other than that. Shite.

Give over. Have some respect, we were done 100% fair and square.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Give over. Have some respect, we were done 100% fair and square.
    No quarter asked nor given.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Banned

Can’t make that many errors in a big game and expect to win. Our key players were under cooked and it cost us. If they were fit last week they should have had a run out. Poor management again by Holbrook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk