Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kristian Woolf New Coach

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by owl saint View Post
    Ian Watson as done more than a fair job for Salford I think we should have gone for Him.
    I'm starting to think this more and more. It's a gamble whatever we do and Watson knows our competition, he'd probably cost less too.

In The South Stand

Well he wouldn't have a problem getting used to England.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    Well he wouldn't have a problem getting used to England.
    and after 2 years wouldn't be going home to Oz.

Learning All The Songs Two Wheeled Saint's Avatar

With the possible restructuring of teams in Aus do you think there is a chance of JH's deal falling through?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint from Bury View Post
    and after 2 years wouldn't be going home to Oz.
    That might be a bad thing. (Joke) I was against Watson as I just don’t think he has coached a big team and he has little pressure on him at Salford apart from surviving. But looking at the possible candidates that we are aware of non appear proven so whoever it is will be a gamble. I just hope we have a coach who can and wants to use kids coming through and not wanting to buy ready made journeymen.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Blobbynator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    I'm starting to think this more and more. It's a gamble whatever we do and Watson knows our competition, he'd probably cost less too.
    Can't see it. I think Woolf to us will be announced soon, he's been heavily linked for a few weeks now both here and in Oz. Don't see much in our links to Watson, has he even been interviewed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Despondent Dave
    Blobby is a man of style, panache and impeccable taste

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    Can't see it. I think Woolf to us will be announced soon, he's been heavily linked for a few weeks now both here and in Oz. Don't see much in our links to Watson, has he even been interviewed?
    No, I don’t think so myself. I’m just saying I don’t think it would be the worst option.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Blobbynator View Post
    See post #138 of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Superblue View Post
    As a respected, intelligent coach I am sure that Kristian will be reflecting on the merits and benefits of being associated with a dysfunctional, small time club like St. Helens, and their dotty chairman.

And who in their right mind would blame him?
    Haven't you got some coaches to go & brick?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Haven't you got some coaches to go & brick?
    Just ignore him Ralph , he'll probably disappear in a few days when he goes back to school

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by litherland saint View Post
    Just ignore him Ralph , he'll probably disappear in a few days when he goes back to school
    I'd suggest his first lesson is a grammar one.

Anyway one hopes the new coach will be announced pretty soon. I would be useful to get it all done and dusted before the PO's.

In The South Stand

As a respected, intelligent coach I am sure that Kristian will be reflecting on the merits and benefits of being associated with a dysfunctional, small time club like St. Helens, and their dotty chairman.

Why is this person on this forum? I have disagreed with many on this site over various opinions, some Saints fans, others not. I cannot understand why anyone would wish to come on to our forum and call Saints "dysfunctional", own ground, top of the league for nearly two years, 16 points clear this season, small time, really? Lastly, a dotty chairman...…………………………………….? As I initially asked, why is this person on this site? I have probably satiated his desire for attention for reacting to his post, if so, I'm glad to have been of assistance. Now let them put that nice jacket that ties your arms around your back and let them feed you your soup, the rubber room is waiting.

Banned

Oh bore off

Noooobie

To misquote 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance':

"When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called being a Wire fan."

If we do appoint K Woolf I hope part of the deal is giving up on the Tonga job. We don’t need a coach juggling two roles no matter how little time it might take up.
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    If we do appoint K Woolf I hope part of the deal is giving up on the Tonga job. We don’t need a coach juggling two roles no matter how little time it might take up.
    I wouldn’t mind him continuing as Tonga coach provided he brought Taumalolo with him to Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I wouldn’t mind him continuing as Tonga coach provided he brought Taumalolo with him to Saints.
    If only eh? Think he's early into a 10 year deal at NQ on daft money

Learning All The Songs Mike Stephenson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owl saint View Post
    Ian Watson as done more than a fair job for Salford I think we should have gone for Him.
    He would be my choice.

On Woolf I can only comment on what he has done with Tonga. And it has to be said he has benefited from having some great talent to call upon, as others have pointed out.

Watson hasn't had that luxury. He has built a strong side that are playing for him. And they play good rugby too. I like the fact that he's a former half back as well.

Also, whilst I can understand the point that a new voice in the players ears every few years can be a good thing, when it's a change after 2 seasons, I'm not sure that's the best for the club for various reasons. The chance of this happening is much greater when bringing in a coach from overseas.

Regards,

STEVO

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stephenson View Post
    He would be my choice.

On Woolf I can only comment on what he has done with Tonga. And it has to be said he has benefited from having some great talent to call upon, as others have pointed out.

Watson hasn't had that luxury. He has built a strong side that are playing for him. And they play good rugby too. I like the fact that he's a former half back as well.

Also, whilst I can understand the point that a new voice in the players ears every few years can be a good thing, when it's a change after 2 seasons, I'm not sure that's the best for the club for various reasons. The chance of this happening is much greater when bringing in a coach from overseas.

Regards,

STEVO
    I am beginning to agree , Watson would be my choice as well . Seeing as no official annoucement has been made re: Kristian Woolf then I suppose it could still happen .

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    I am beginning to agree , Watson would be my choice as well . Seeing as no official annoucement has been made re: Kristian Woolf then I suppose it could still happen .
    I still think it will be Woolf but the delay could be explained by Salford not wanting it to upset their season? Less reason for a delay re Woolf I would’ve thought

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    I still think it will be Woolf but the delay could be explained by Salford not wanting it to upset their season? Less reason for a delay re Woolf I would’ve thought
    Or the delay could be around the situation with Tonga https://www.rnz.co.nz/international/...reaten-boycott Appears players are not happy with possibility of losing Woolf as coach, could be a lot more talk having to go on to settle the situation.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny NZ View Post
    Or the delay could be around the situation with Tonga https://www.rnz.co.nz/international/...reaten-boycott Appears players are not happy with possibility of losing Woolf as coach, could be a lot more talk having to go on to settle the situation.
    Good post Vinny thanks mate .

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    Good post Vinny thanks mate .
    Thanks Fonsboy, it’s not often being down here in NZ puts me at the cutting edge of media reports around Saints!

In The South Stand

It doesn't seem to be the easiest of transitions for a coach.