Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Kristian Woolf New Coach

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by southernsaint7 View Post
    Most underwhelming yet he is head coach of an international side bordering tier 1. Must take a fair bit to float your boat!

Come off it you'd never heard of Justin Holbrook before we signed him so give the Woolf a chance It could be his year next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Come off it you'd never heard of Justin Holbrook before we signed him so give the Woolf a chance It could be his year next year.
    I think you’ve taken the comment the wrong way as it was aimed at Webbo’s post.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I think you’ve taken the comment the wrong way as it was aimed at Webbo’s post.
    I take it back southernsaint7 I should learn to read in context Luv Ya

In The South Stand southernsaint7's Avatar

I take it back southernsaint7 I should learn to read in context Luv Ya
    Haha all good pal, I'm sat melting in the maldives, it's take more than someone misinterpreting a post to get to me!

I completely agree with your point in said post though. But again pedigree means a lot. Holbrook had been junior roos coach. Woolfe has been Tonga coach and been part of a revolution that's put them on the map. We have to trust in the process that found us Holbrook to deliver once again. As long as this guy can have us playing good rugby and winning the games that count we will all be happy

The interview I did watch of Woolf to try and learn a bit about him was quite interesting. It was after a NZ vs Tonga international by the look of it and he said his team had tried to score with structured plays too often and not tried enough 'off the cuff' rugby. Hopefully he's an advocate of an open approach and playing what's in front of you rather than sticking to a rigid gameplan at all times

Thick As Mince

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I'm concerned. Out of the several candidates mooted, this one was the most underwhelming. That his last appointment was assistant to Nathan Brown's failing stint at Newcastle is worrying. Just hope he doesn't have us playing Brown's brand of boring rugby and wrestling.
    Failing? Do you watch NRL? Serious question by the way. Im honestly not trying to be funny. Newcastle Knights were in a royal mess when Brown took over. Annual wooden spoonists and vehind Gold Coast that is some feat. He has got them to within 2 points of the play offs which is an outstanding achievement to turn them around.

Got A Season Ticket

Had a little search on Twitter and there's a lot of positivity comments about him from those in Aus and NZ. One that stuck out for me was that he has a good connection with the community over in his role. Holbrook took a similar approach.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Failing? Do you watch NRL? Serious question by the way. Im honestly not trying to be funny. Newcastle Knights were in a royal mess when Brown took over. Annual wooden spoonists and vehind Gold Coast that is some feat. He has got them to within 2 points of the play offs which is an outstanding achievement to turn them around.
    So playing devils advocate he has basically done the equivalent of say Ian Watson. In fact Brown has been moved on as well...

Learning All The Songs

Woolf can have us playing Brown’s boring rugby, if it brings us success and final wins. Much rather that than go through the past couple of years again.

In the Queens Arms dreading the King coming home early.

Nope every year is Warringtons year it is set in stone.
    On the Back foot looking for the front one.

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrass View Post
    Nope every year is Warringtons year it is set in stone.
    They now know that if they can pick their league form up, they can get their way to Old Trafford.

If Warrington do get to OT & play us, they will beat us. And they will beat us convincingly.

Getting really tired of this lot bottling big game after big game

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    They now know that if they can pick their league form up, they can get their way to Old Trafford.

If Warrington do get to OT & play us, they will beat us. And they will beat us convincingly.

No if about it they'll be bouncing after yesterday's win , they along with Wigan look most likely GF winners . As for us it's going to be tough , we've got the talent in the squad but that alone is not enough . We can blame poor refs , I certainly have , for some of our failings but really it's down to us simply not being good enough when it really mattered. I honestly believed that this season was different in that we had the mentality required to win the big games , misplaced belief.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post

I think, with heaviness of heart and a desire to take "Saddened" as a user name, that it's Wigan's year yet again. It's proved difficult for most teams to do a Cup and GF double. I don't think Warrington are good enough to achieve it.

In The South Stand

Woolf is taking over the Knights until the end of the season, as Nathan Brown has left immediately.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

In The South Stand reliable sauce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cervezas View Post
    Woolf is taking over the Knights until the end of the season, as Nathan Brown has left immediately.
    There’s only two games left if they don’t make the play offs which they won’t. Adam O’Brien is expected to be announced as their new coach for next season this week.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I think, with heaviness of heart and a desire to take "Saddened" as a user name, that it's Wigan's year yet again. It's proved difficult for most teams to do a Cup and GF double. I don't think Warrington are good enough to achieve it.
    We've got 3 superleague games to address our mental toughness and get those 4 players back to match fitness, we go again.

It can’t do him any harm being the main man even for a few weeks

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Do we have any idea when we can expect an announcement of the new coach?

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Can't see the club announcing it until our season is finished, players, coaches and fans need to be fully focussed.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Can't see the club announcing it until our season is finished, players, coaches and fans need to be fully focussed.
    Understand what you mean about focus, but a decent announcement now might lift some of the gloom?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    When we have a sealed the deal, I expect. There is a lot more water to go under the bridge before the club can safely say its got its new coach, especially with Woolf now interim head coach at the Knights. Will be inetersting to see what happens if the Knights start winning games again.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintH517 View Post
    Woolf can have us playing Brown’s boring rugby, if it brings us success and final wins. Much rather that than go through the past couple of years again.
    A bold comment and imho (boring rugby under Brown) not strictly correct (although I could be being a little rose-tinted)

We only played boring rugby after Luke Walsh had that horrific injury (the injury that ultimately ended his career a few years later) and we played a grind towards the end of the season because we had little choice but it was effective in the final.

I’d be happy for us to grind out a couple of results and for us to win the GF but I wouldn’t want us to play the one-up style all season because it’s not entertaining.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Is Woolf honestly better than Richard Marshall?
    Wouldn't it be a good idea to do something similar to what Pies did, but official and without the calamitous events and award an interim condition contract to him for the duration of his current deal?

Still Angry...

I don’t care who the bloody new coach is, but I hope whoever it is will make our team more grubby and dirty. I’m sick to death of being a team that toes the bloody line when playing this game. We lose important games because in part because we get bullied and don’t push the rules. Wire did it brilliantly. The last player we had who remotely did it was Mose. He would use an elbow etc.
    I would take Shaun Wane or a clone of him in a heartbeat..Unless we get a like minded coach we will continue to be the team who plays fancy rugby but wins nothing again and again. We are soft...
    Humans are more concerned with having than being.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 49er View Post
    Still Angry...

I don’t care who the bloody new coach is, but I hope whoever it is will make our team more grubby and dirty. I’m sick to death of being a team that toes the bloody line when playing this game. We lose important games because in part because we get bullied and don’t push the rules. Wire did it brilliantly. The last player we had who remotely did it was Mose. He would use an elbow etc.
    I would take Shaun Wane or a clone of him in a heartbeat..Unless we get a like minded coach we will continue to be the team who plays fancy rugby but wins nothing again and again. We are soft...
    Was that the primary reason Saints lost on Saturday? If you think it is I'd suggest you are wrong.