Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Kristian Woolf New Coach

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs

I have a good feeling about this appointment.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I don’t agree with his comments on Bennett but I suppose it’s right for coaches to back each other up.

The folded arms and intense stare when he’s watching training would get me working hard.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suttoner View Post
    I don’t agree with his comments on Bennett but I suppose it’s right for coaches to back each other up.

The folded arms and intense stare when he’s watching training would get me working hard.
    It reminded me of when we sacked the friendly look of Millward and got the strict looking Anderson it seems we might have similar the friendly looking Holbrook and the stricter look of Woolf. I'm sure in a months time he will be more relaxed and his family will be over here and more importantly the coach and players will be more tuned in to one another.

From his Q + A he has that similar trait to Holbrook in having his favourite word in his answers. Holbrook had the word "definitely" at the moment Woolf has the word "things".

Starting A Programme Collection

I like his Q&A - seems straightforward, no nonsense, confident with a clear vision, whilst seeming aware, measured, and open. He appears to be a sterner character than Holbrook - but not lacking in care for people and the sport. Seems firm but fair - which could bode well.

For the team to sustain and develop further, we will need to build on current strengths and address some weaker areas - which seems like he is focussed on doing. The firmer approach may work well for this. The true result will be on the field - the style we show and the results we get.

I'm looking forward to see what he can do. Regardless of what we've experienced over an enjoyable couple of seasons - we need to give the new head coach some time and support to make his own mark and build the team.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

I agree with what's been posted, possibly the wrong appointments after KC as we needed to find our love for the game again. Hopefully now, he's the right man to take us to the next level after last year's success

In The South Stand

Big test will be next year when we have to replace 3 or 4 of the over 30 players