Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It’s Hicks..For Wembley

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Across the whole spectrum of controlling the game he was and still is the best ref we've got. What did cross my mind though was there some kind of discussion with the RFL and Ganson to make the game a closer spectical. Saints were red hot favourites to win and by a reasonable margin Jamie Peacock was in the same mind frame and predicted a win by 30 pts.

The 10 metre and marker rule was not applied to make this a tight closer affair, above retro74 is also seeing it from a similar perspective, I don't think you can dismiss the situation and thats why we've raised questions.
    Your last comment Stiddy was spot on as I mentioned in a previous post , Hicks never takes the line back 10 metres and allows the defence to jump straight at you "especially out wide" , what Warrington did to Saints was very simple but executed very well , push on as much as you can "especially early" see what you can get away with and then press on with an umbrella defensive line to force us down the middle playing "one out" rugby which without a shadow of a doubt affected and closed down our 2 main attacking forces = Roby and Lomax , and just to add we didn't fancy it one bit in what's called the "middles" it was there for all to see , wasn't good to watch .Halifax did it , Warrington executed it to a tee.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

Learning All The Songs

Fantastic support from the BWFC and Bury FC fans to help Salford double their gate.

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Day View Post
    Just put it on to see the Salford lad penalised for starting a bit of bother, by having his head pile drived into the floor, missed by ref, two touch judges and video ref obviously
    That was unbelievable! Head driven in to the deck, then when he tried to get up Tasi shoved him back down, there's two penalties right there! Then the Salford player understandably shoved Tasi back when he stood up and he got either slapped or punched to the head for his trouble, and HE gets penalised! What do Warrington have to do to be officiated like everyone else? On a thread some months ago I likened their tactics to Wigan of yore and they really have taken on that mantle. Lying on, head shots, physical (illegal) intimidation. These tactics shouldn't work because we've got rules to our game, but they do work (Wigan have been successful at it for years) because the officials are so poor/ biased/ incompetent/corrupt, delete to taste. The ref even told the Warrington skipper that the constant infringements were "breaking up the flow of the game", then did precisely nothing when he awarded another penalty to Salford! On a different tack, after Wire's huge exertions on Saturday when they were all collapsing with cramp every five minutes, with such a short turnaround, I didn't see one Wire player with cramp last night...……..odd that.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by knowsleyroaders View Post
    Went to the Video ref tonight to confirm who won the toss.
    Quality 😂

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    That was unbelievable! Head driven in to the deck, then when he tried to get up Tasi shoved him back down, there's two penalties right there! Then the Salford player understandably shoved Tasi back when he stood up and he got either slapped or punched to the head for his trouble, and HE gets penalised! What do Warrington have to do to be officiated like everyone else? On a thread some months ago I likened their tactics to Wigan of yore and they really have taken on that mantle. Lying on, head shots, physical (illegal) intimidation. These tactics shouldn't work because we've got rules to our game, but they do work (Wigan have been successful at it for years) because the officials are so poor/ biased/ incompetent/corrupt, delete to taste. The ref even told the Warrington skipper that the constant infringements were "breaking up the flow of the game", then did precisely nothing when he awarded another penalty to Salford! On a different tack, after Wire's huge exertions on Saturday when they were all collapsing with cramp every five minutes, with such a short turnaround, I didn't see one Wire player with cramp last night...……..odd that.
    The ref made some terrible decisions last night but the one you mention was as bad as any.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    The ref made some terrible decisions last night but the one you mention was as bad as any.
    His neck was bent sideways by the impact. Not intentional I’m sure but Child ought to have got involved as it was a certain yellow card if not red