Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wembley Pubs

Got A Season Ticket

Default Wembley Pubs

Where is everyone going before the final next Saturday? I was planning on heading to the Green Man around 1ish but I get into Euston around 11 so was going to grab some food and a few drinks nearby first. Anyone got any recommendations near Euston station?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Banned

The Doric Arch is alright for a couple of pints and I think they do food. There's probably about 10-15 different places on the forecourt outside the station. Nando's/Cafe Rouge type places so depends what you want. The Rocket on Euston Rd about 200 yards to left of the station is a more Wetherspoons type place but fine for a couple of pints and bite to eat.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

There's plenty of choice for both food and drink in that area but if you like real ale, try The Euston Tap in the old gatehouse at the front of the station. The other side is a Cider house! I don't think they do much food there though.
    Drummond Street, running off the side of the station is famous for curry outlets. Many will do lunch deals if that sort of food suits you.

Green Man for us but I feel I should go on a London pub tour with Kentish or AD.

Fall asleep in a Camden bus stop at 2.15 pm

Noooobie

Baker Street is good for a drink,plus not far to travel to Wembley.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Green Man for us but I feel I should go on a London pub tour with Kentish or AD.

Fall asleep in a Camden bus stop at 2.15 pm
    Unfortunately I'm going to be in Rotterdam for the foreseeable. I wouldn't mention associating with me or TT will send you to Coventry.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Walk down Engineers Way until you come to the yellow car park. Turn left through the car park and Powerleague football pitches are in the corner, prices were reasonable for London and wasn't overcrowded particularly if you get in early.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/...3!4d-0.2803252

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Unfortunately I'm going to be in Rotterdam for the foreseeable. I wouldn't mention associating with me or TT will send you to Coventry.
    Stop looking for an audience, direct any posts for me at me or pm me direct. You gutless pr@ck.

I respect both of you as posters. None of my business & hope you can both sort this barny out soon. It's cup final week after all (& we don't get to many)

Learning All The Songs

I respect both of you as posters. None of my business & hope you can both sort this barny out soon. It's cup final week after all (& we don't get to many)
    Ralph of all the posters on here I am sorry that yours was the post that in involved AD earlier.
    I know that the CC means a lot to you and your family. I apologise wholeheartedly, enjoy the day.
    Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallaght Tiger View Post
    Ralph of all the posters on here I am sorry that yours was the post that in involved AD earlier.
    I know that the CC means a lot to you and your family. I apologise wholeheartedly, enjoy the day.
    Sorry.
    Don't be silly mate. No offence taken by me at all. I hope everyone has a good day.

Anyway, I think there's a fair few pubs around Euston that are decent. Whenever I'm down there, I always seem to find a new one that's as good as the previous

Learning All The Songs

Don't be silly mate. No offence taken by me at all. I hope everyone has a good day.

Anyway, I think there's a fair few pubs around Euston that are decent. Whenever I'm down there, I always seem to find a new one that's as good as the previous
    I desperately wanted to go to this final but my late father named me "the jinx". My first final being the Leeds "Noonan knock on" (a dreadful pass) final in `78. I have never seen Saints win a final live or on the telly in my life. He died in 2007 and was buried the Monday after the GF, we watched our last game together a Sky recording of Leeds vs Saints in the semi final/playoff we won 12-10, he prophetically said Leeds got more out of that than we did and they were a better side with Peacock. Though he was very sick he died earlier than we thought shortly after that game. I struggle to believe in any Deity or fate as such, so I confidently went to the GF in `07 with the thought that this jinx could put the winning programme in his coffin as a little token gesture between me and him. We know how that went for the next few years. A few years later Keith Wood was giving a pep talk for a group at a company I used to contract into, someone else told a story about him that he is a religious man and superstitious, on a Lions tour one of the coaches asked him why he thought miraculous medals and rosary beads helped him as they were inanimate objects, he said of course to the normal person they were just pieces of plastic and metal meaning nothing to him, that could not affect the outcome. Yet to the intelligent person they know these work whether you believe in them or not. The jinx will not be watching the game live.
    Last edited by Tallaght Tiger; 18th August 2019 at 08:57.

Banned

Stop looking for an audience, direct any posts for me at me or pm me direct. You gutless pr@ck.
    I'm gutless now? Behave yourself you big girl.

In The South Stand KentishBarry's Avatar

I desperately wanted to go to this final but my late father named me "the jinx". My first final being the Leeds "Noonan knock on" (a dreadful pass) final in `78. I have never seen Saints win a final live or on the telly in my life. He died in 2007 and was buried the Monday after the GF, we watched our last game together a Sky recording of Leeds vs Saints in the semi final/playoff we won 12-10, he prophetically said Leeds got more out of that than we did and they were a better side with Peacock. Though he was very sick he died earlier than we thought shortly after that game. I struggle to believe in any Deity or fate as such, so I confidently went to the GF in `07 with the thought that this jinx could put the winning programme in his coffin as a little token gesture between me and him. We know how that went for the next few years. A few years later Keith Wood was giving a pep talk for a group at a company I used to contract into, someone else told a story about him that he is a religious man and superstitious, on a Lions tour one of the coaches asked him why he thought miraculous medals and rosary beads helped him as they were inanimate objects, he said of course to the normal person they were just pieces of plastic and metal meaning nothing to him, that could not affect the outcome. Yet to the intelligent person they know these work whether you believe in them or not. The jinx will not be watching the game live.
    Bereavement can be tough but it sounds like about time that you put that jinx to bed and get yourself over to Wembley this Saturday.
    Half the crowd will be wearing their lucky underpants or something similar. They can't all be responsible for the outcome.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Bereavement can be tough but it sounds like about time that you put that jinx to bed and get yourself over to Wembley this Saturday.
    Half the crowd will be wearing their lucky underpants or something similar. They can't all be responsible for the outcome.
    Deperate to go Kentish but will not even watch it on the telly. I have in the past wandered the streets and frequented a certain pub that faces west to east, though not watching the game I sat in a seat with red /white trim, viewing a screen indirectly through a reflection in the opposing window. That was Murrayfield 2002.

Banned

Jesus wept, don't dare call me out on anything again you weirdo.

Quote Originally Posted by KentishBarry View Post
    Indeed. Get yourself down there. One more shouting for the lads.

Btw the 2007 G.F. We were completely busted. Was a game too far. Leeds had physically battered us 2 week previously & softened us up for the final

Learning All The Songs

Indeed. Get yourself down there. One more shouting for the lads.

Btw the 2007 G.F. We were completely busted. Was a game too far. Leeds had physically battered us 2 week previously & softened us up for the final
    Told yis I don`t believe in any of that but will be giving it a miss all the same
    Personally thought we missed Scully for 07 & 08, think if he had played it may have been a different outcome.

Learning All The Songs

I'm gutless now? Behave yourself you big girl.
    PM me.

Banned

PM me.
    Go and play with your ouija board.

Learning All The Songs

Go and play with your ouija board.
    Found your balls, did your dog cough them up as you w@nked it.
    PM me

Banned

Found your balls, did your dog cough them up as you w@nked it.
    PM me
    Listen you big cry baby, you were whinging about singing rude songs and now you're posting filth like that. Seriously have a word with yourself.

I've nothing to say privately that I won't say in public.

Learning All The Songs

Listen you big cry baby, you were whinging about singing rude songs and now you're posting filth like that. Seriously have a word with yourself.

Enough derailing of threads, no need for an audience.
    PM me.

I just think you’ve nothing to say.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I just think you’ve nothing to say.
    Here he is, I wondering when you would pipe up.