Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Austin’s fit!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Hasn’t that been your Modus Operandai each time you’ve played us? Chris Hill goes hunting for Fages but shits his self when Thommo or Alex appear..... And Lineham’s hits on Grace have been well documented.....

Westwood is so late in the tackle it’s the next set by the time he hits!
    That's because he's 38 you know!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    Go in with the same tactics against Austin as we have previously. He'll have a huge target on his back. Few committed hits after the kicks, put some doubt in his mind.
    Edited to keep it within the rules of the game.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Edited to keep it within the rules of the game.
    Exactly my point. For Saints fans to feel it will be necessary to cheat to win the game, sounds desperate.
    I'm really not sure how my post could have upset anyone other than the hyper sensitive.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Behave yourself you clown. Another wire fan who hasn't a clue. Don't know why any of you bother watching when you haven't the first idea of what you are on about
    How on earth do you reach that conclusion based on my post. Saints should be confident of winning without resorting to illegal tactics, or do you disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    Exactly my point. For Saints fans to feel it will be necessary to cheat to win the game, sounds desperate.
    I'm really not sure how my post could have upset anyone other than the hyper sensitive.
    Didn’t realise you had 2 accounts Duckie..... desperation indeed....

As you were.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    That's because he's 38 you know!

Ha ha ha ha!!

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

How's it cheating. It happens in every game. It's putting pressure on the kicker AKA being committed to the tackle. If I said, lets purposely injure the guy then fair play. It's rugby you tart.

Upside
    Non Members

Quote Originally Posted by St Willy View Post
    Go in with the same tactics against Austin as we have previously. He'll have a huge target on his back. Few late hits after the kicks, put some doubt in his mind.
    I wouldn't promote pre planned late tackles, they are not within the rules

Smashing him with everything every time you can is fine, aiming to put legal hits on him fine, those are tactics but not purposely 'late' hits, need to get the timing right or could be sent off for ten or worse

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Upside View Post
    I wouldn't promote pre planned late tackles, they are not within the rules

Smashing him with everything every time you can is fine, aiming to put legal hits on him fine, those are tactics but not purposely 'late' hits, need to get the timing right or could be sent off for ten or worse

Yeah, you could give yourself concussion.

Isn't that right, Mr Currie?

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Didn’t realise you had 2 accounts Duckie..... desperation indeed....

As you were.
    I haven't.
    I wished nothing but a good time win or lose and received words I'd never use.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post
    I wished nothing but a good time win or lose and received words I'd never use
    Like 'book', 'bath' and 'no we can't, you're my sister'?

I haven't.
    If you say so.

As you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    Like 'book', 'bath' and 'no we can't, you're my sister'?

Or “It’s not our year”

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

How on earth do you reach that conclusion based on my post. Saints should be confident of winning without resorting to illegal tactics, or do you disagree?
    so what you are saying is that Warrington are never ever confident of winning?

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Claire View Post
    so what you are saying is that Warrington are never ever confident of winning?
    Not at all SC, my point was that Saints are way the best team so far this season so I find it odd that the tactic suggested by a Saints supporter was to target a player and consistently hit him late ie illegally.
    Now based on Mr Fridge’s view of my RL knowledge I may be talking out of my hat about Saints being the best team, but I don’t think so.
    Of course on occasion I am confident of Wire beating other teams, but not so much in the latter part of this season.

Illegal tactics go on all the time. Due to the bully boy tactics of the likes of Hill, we will have to meet fire with fire. If that includes clocking your stand off, I'm fine with that

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by eddiewaringsflatcap View Post
    Reg Bowdon?
    Pretty sure it was! That was my first trip to Wembley, after watching us beat Leeds on tele in 1972.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

I haven't.
    Hope you have a good time at Wembley Mr duck (obviously not as good as us) but have a safe trip.

If you win no doubt you'll be back on here, but if you loose don't go MIA again.

Good to see Wolfie Mc Wolf back. I thought something bad might have happened to him, he's been missing since Easter. Even Jesus didn't take this long to be resurrected.
    Last edited by The frenchman; 20th August 2019 at 19:28.

Learning All The Songs roy litherland's Avatar

Love it Belgian , he is thirty eight you know just in case anyone could have forgotten lol.
    roy litherland it's happened i told you it would

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Hope you have a good time at Wembley Mr duck (obviously not as good as us) but have a safe trip.

If you win no doubt you'll be back on here, but if you loose don't go MIA again.

Good to see Wolfie Mc Wolf back. I thought something bad might have happened to him, he's been missing since Easter. Even Jesus didn't take this long to be resurrected.
    No need to worry about me, I got the impression that people don’t like “incomers “ on here so have kept my views to myself. Was so flabbergasted that anyone would think your team needs to illegally target a player who if he plays (personally I doubt it) will be on 1 leg, that I had to comment.
    Generally just read for the entertainment of the in fighting.

Learning All The Songs

No need to worry about me, I got the impression that people don’t like “incomers “ on here so have kept my views to myself. Was so flabbergasted that anyone would think your team needs to illegally target a player who if he plays (personally I doubt it) will be on 1 leg, that I had to comment.
    Any coach worth his salt would target a playmaker in the opposition team that has been on the side lines for a few weeks. No doubt Cootes will be facing a few high bombs early in the game, with a few Warrington forwards on the charge.
    Maybe some teams would do this illegally but I don't think JH needs too.

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

I don't mind other teams fans as long as they aren't just on the wind up but what do you expect by coming on here, you're gonna get a hostile reception from some people.

You're really dragging that late hit comment out aren't you. I wouldn't be surprised if he's just mixed his words up and just meant to like put pressure on the kicker (that's what I thought when I first read it) otherwise it's a bit of a daft comment. Why would you potentially want one of your players in the bin/sent off (those tactics haven't done you guys any favours against us this year have they)

Pmsl you’re out from under your rock talking about targeting?!

From multiple dust ups, your shithouse captain, getting dusted by Hull KR, your fans going berserk in Perpignan, bricking our coach, death threats to referees and full investigation by the RFL into your behavior and your coach has already said you’ll win nothing this year, you’ve got more than our comments to worry about.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Pmsl you’re out from under your rock talking about targeting?!

From multiple dust ups, your shithouse captain, getting dusted by Hull KR, your fans going berserk in Perpignan, bricking our coach, death threats to referees and full investigation by the RFL into your behavior and your coach has already said you’ll win nothing this year, you’ve got more than our comments to worry about.
    Might I suggest that instead of the faux outrage you read my posts. I honestly can’t make my point any clearer.
    For the record I’m the last one to defend the behaviour of our misbehaving fans, however small a minority they may be, I would ban them all including beer throwers.
    Also for the record I’m not the Duck. I used this username so no one would have any doubts as to where my allegiance lies.

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

Might I suggest that instead of the faux outrage you read my posts. I honestly can’t make my point any clearer.
    For the record I’m the last one to defend the behaviour of our misbehaving fans, however small a minority they may be, I would ban them all including beer throwers.
    Also for the record I’m not the Duck. I used this username so no one would have any doubts as to where my allegiance lies.
    You could have called yourself Pie McPie. It would still be painfully clear..