Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Austin’s fit!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I’m expecting nothing other than a highly competitive and quite stressful game. Their squad has plenty of cup final experience and in Ratchford and Austin (whom I fully expect to play) they have players who can break a game open.

We have the stronger team and I think we should win, but that doesn’t guarantee anything.

I'd like us to surge into an 18-point lead then keep them at arms' length - so I can enjoy the game! As Mr Scnthorpe says, I couldn't give a toss if half their players are missing and they whinge out their excuses for the rest of the season. We're so far ahead in the league, I don't think anyone doubts we'd likely beat their first 13 anyway. And it's vital we get that silverware monkey off our backs more than anything. If we do, I think we'll go onto great things with this team.

But, like you, I expect a tight match. Just hope we don't go into our shell, then have individuals trying to spark us into life by going solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I'd like us to surge into an 18-point lead then keep them at arms' length - so I can enjoy the game! As Mr Scnthorpe says, I couldn't give a toss if half their players are missing and they whinge out their excuses for the rest of the season. We're so far ahead in the league, I don't think anyone doubts we'd likely beat their first 13 anyway. And it's vital we get that silverware monkey off our backs more than anything. If we do, I think we'll go onto great things with this team.

But, like you, I expect a tight match. Just hope we don't go into our shell, then have individuals trying to spark us into life by going solo.
    This is what is nagging at me more than anything else. The fact is that since 2008 our performances in the biggest of games (with one exception under unusual circumstances) have been abysmal.

That last bit is right, too. It's a really difficult balance to strike in a final. You have to find just the right level of patience — the sweet spot between overplaying and shutting up shop — and you have to do it under far more pressure than usual. With Coote calling the shots we're in a much better position to get that right than we were last year, though.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk fishy3005's Avatar

Its not often that we live up to the favourites tag. I expect us to on Saturday though. Our preparation in the past few weeks have been spot on. We’ve rotated players to keep them fresh and competing for shirts. We are yet to see our best 17 hit 5th gear and that is a concern for Warrington. If (big emphasis on if) we come out and play anything like our best we will blow Warrington away i reckon.
    Really hope Coote is fit. We need Lomax and Fages in the halves. I like the look of Welsby but if he starts at fullback Warrington will bomb him to kingdom come. We could do with having Coote 100% fit. Even with a couple of first choice forwards missing we should have enough to beat their pack.
    screaming in the family corner, scaring the kiddies

Got A Season Ticket

Blake Austin has developed a new clothes line and has been personally delivering them to buyers around Warrington all weekend. Make of that what you will, It suggests he'll be fit though.

I bet the t shirts have Jonny Lomax's face on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Its not often that we live up to the favourites tag.
    We handled the 2006 & 2007 finals with great efficiency, but made hard work of seeing off Hull in 2008.

I'm not going to talk about the GF's against jammy Leeds, but most of those we were the favourites and with the team we had, should have beat them.

So I do agree we've not always worn the favourites tag well.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Looking less and less likely that Blake Austin will feature, I'm sad to say.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Quote Originally Posted by fishy3005 View Post
    Its not often that we live up to the favourites tag. I expect us to on Saturday though. Our preparation in the past few weeks have been spot on. We’ve rotated players to keep them fresh and competing for shirts. We are yet to see our best 17 hit 5th gear and that is a concern for Warrington. If (big emphasis on if) we come out and play anything like our best we will blow Warrington away i reckon.
    Really hope Coote is fit. We need Lomax and Fages in the halves. I like the look of Welsby but if he starts at fullback Warrington will bomb him to kingdom come. We could do with having Coote 100% fit. Even with a couple of first choice forwards missing we should have enough to beat their pack.
    No team is yet to see Warrington at their very best...'blown away' my backside.
    Be afraid....be very afraid.....

But still enjoy the event.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

I don’t mean this to sound arrogant but I’m only worried about us and how we perform/handle the occasion. If we play anything like we can, we will win. The same goes for the Grand Final. In terms of quality we are comfortably the best team in the country and it’s only ourselves not performing on the day that will stop us winning the lot. I’ve not watched any other team this season and been worried about anything I’ve seen.

So if we do our bit and perform as we have for most of the season, the result will take care of itself as we are simply a much better side than anyone else.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Warrington's medical team looking for this from the Star Wars universe!

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    If Coote was unlikely to be fit, I'm sure we'd have seen Lomax at full back with DR and Fages in the halves..

I don't think he'd play Welsby at Wembley
    The way Percy kicked last week DR will not even be on the bench . JH does not rate him .

Quote Originally Posted by rubber duckie View Post

Ah I get it “lulling is into a false sense of security” by playing so badly and losing so many games. On current form you’re not gonna make the top 2 (getting blown away by those heavyweights at HulKR and Cas) so making your journey to The GF more challenging.

Tactical masterclass! This might explain why Price has been headhunted by the NRL

Oh, wait...........
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by The Yellow Giraffe View Post
    I don’t mean this to sound arrogant but I’m only worried about us and how we perform/handle the occasion. If we play anything like we can, we will win. The same goes for the Grand Final. In terms of quality we are comfortably the best team in the country and it’s only ourselves not performing on the day that will stop us winning the lot. I’ve not watched any other team this season and been worried about anything I’ve seen.

So if we do our bit and perform as we have for most of the season, the result will take care of itself as we are simply a much better side than anyone else.

It’s only arrogance if you’re not the best.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fonsboy View Post
    The way Percy kicked last week DR will not even be on the bench . JH does not rate him .
    I don't expect DR to be on the bench following last week either.

But why you have to slate one of our own players by suggesting you know the thoughts of the coach who picked that player for every game last season is beyond me.
    Why we have fans who love giving our own players a dig is beyond me.

With support like that, who needs Warrington.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

My only concern is of the match fitness of those that have missed a few games. I agree with the rotation, but some of the withdrawals were forced on us. Hopefully the adrenaline will help those boys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie McWolf View Post
    Looking less and less likely that Blake Austin will feature, I'm sad to say.
    Should have taken him to Pep Guardiola and his doctor. He works 'miracles', allegedly.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by StillInTesco View Post
    Blake Austin has developed a new clothes line and has been personally delivering them to buyers around Warrington all weekend. Make of that what you will, It suggests he'll be fit though.

I bet the t shirts have Jonny Lomax's face on.
    No he hasn't - he has been delivering T-shirts with his own face on them to Wire fans who have won a competition. He delivered one to the house across from my Mum and Dad's in Winsford on Sunday morning. He was limping badly, and told the lad who won the top he was 90% certain he will not be playing

In The South Stand Saint_Claire's Avatar

If we're going down that route, I would argue that no-one has seen Saints at their very best either. If we get it right we are capable of producing a massive performance.

Noooobie

Don’t know how to start a new thread, but looking like a very hot day Saturday in the capital. This will suit our very mobile pack compered with wires over the hill, overweight plodders

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by hounddog View Post
    Don’t know how to start a new thread, but looking like a very hot day Saturday in the capital. This will suit our very mobile pack compered with wires over the hill, overweight plodders
    Dad's army!

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    My only concern is of the match fitness of those that have missed a few games. I agree with the rotation, but some of the withdrawals were forced on us. Hopefully the adrenaline will help those boys.
    They are in the same boat regarding players coming back and match fitness.We stick to our normal game and don't get drawn into their niggly way of playing and we should win comfortably,but as many have said,it's cup rugby and anything might happen.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by WeaverhamSaint View Post
    No he hasn't - he has been delivering T-shirts with his own face on them to Wire fans who have won a competition. He delivered one to the house across from my Mum and Dad's in Winsford on Sunday morning. He was limping badly, and told the lad who won the top he was 90% certain he will not be playing
    Price confirmed today that he'll be fit for Saturday

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Getting your excuse in now then.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk The Yellow Giraffe's Avatar

Getting your excuse in now then.
    The excuse being what? That we messed up? That’s not an excuse. It’s an explanation or a reason why we’d lose. It’s actually a statement of fact because we all know if both teams play to full potential then Saints will win.

So there’s no mitigating circumstances or feeling hard done to; if we lost it’ll be because we didn’t perform as we should.
    NEVER WRITE OFF THE SAINTS

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Houghwood Saint View Post
    Dad's army!
    Don't Panic, Don't Panic!, They don't like it up 'em you know!

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    They are in the same boat regarding players coming back and match fitness.We stick to our normal game and don't get drawn into their niggly way of playing and we should win comfortably,but as many have said,it's cup rugby and anything might happen.
    Fingers crossed and looking forward to it.