Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Austin’s fit!

Learning All The Songs The frenchman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    What’s YOUR problem?

RUBBERDUCKIE is always chatting crap on here, I haven’t gone on their forum doing it, I’m putting it on here.

The Wire fans are saying we are crap and we got gifted the GF in ‘14 by Ben Flower

They say that if we don’t win the Treble Holbrook is a failure (ironic seeing as Price has won nothing)

They also say they the “conveyer belt of young talent is the reason they’ve been a mainstay at Wembley and old trafford for the last decade”

They are laughing at us, and I am laughing at them!

If you don’t like it, that’s fine, it’s all about opinion but don’t tell me what I can and can’t do because that’s not right.....
    Jesus calm down.

That wire fan is clearly talking about you because nobody else has been posting arrogant stuff on here. So if you've got an issue with it take it up with him don't post screenshots of it because nobody's arsed what they are saying over there.

All your doing is stirring shite up, it's like school kid stuff.

Andy.... Sorry rubber duckie is a 60 odd year old bloke who plays the banjo. Just let that sink in for a minute. He spends his time trolling internet forums. You're better off just feeling sorry for him than letting him get under your skin.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

I hope Wire field a full team. Dont want any excuses from them. Simply put, our 17 is fitter, faster and stronger.

I couldn't give a crap about rubberdxck head and that lot. Know nothing about rugby and just trying to stay relevant. Roll on Sainturday

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by The frenchman View Post
    Jesus calm down.

That wire fan is clearly talking about you because nobody else has been posting arrogant stuff on here. So if you've got an issue with it take it up with him don't post screenshots of it because nobody's arsed what they are saying over there.

All your doing is stirring shite up, it's like school kid stuff.

Andy.... Sorry rubber duckie is a 60 odd year old bloke who plays the banjo. Just let that sink in for a minute. He spends his time trolling internet forums. You're better off just feeling sorry for him than letting him get under your skin.

Are you really worried?

Because I am laughing at them, I don’t need to “calm down” because I’ve never been as confident in my entire life.

I’m happy to leave it here.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Are you really worried?

Because I am laughing at them, I don’t need to “calm down” because I’ve never been as confident in my entire life.

I’m happy to leave it here.
    Really worried about what exactly, loosing, rubber duckie, the Warrington board? I'll say it again for you, nobody's arsed what they're saying, just chill out and let them crack on.

Really worried about what exactly, loosing, rubber duckie, the Warrington board? I'll say it again for you, nobody's arsed what they're saying, just chill out and let them crack on.
    I’m totally chilled, I expect us to absolutely wallop Wire but you seem worried that we’ll lose.

Let’s just leave it there!

I’m totally chilled, I expect us to absolutely wallop Wire but you seem worried that we’ll lose.

Let’s just leave it there!
    I'm more worried about you to be honest. You sound like you're borderline gonna have a breakdown some of the stuff you've been posting.

I agree let's leave it there

I'm more worried about you to be honest. You sound like you're borderline gonna have a breakdown some of the stuff you've been posting.

I agree let's leave it there

Ok

I still have nightmares about that long trek to Murrayfield. Nothing is certain in a final.

Learning All The Songs saint mac's Avatar

Your correct anything can happen but I have never been more confident going into any final.I think the only way we loose is be loosing it ourselves.

Not the same sport or the same level but we played a footy game today in wavertree. The other team warming up didn't look brilliant & we were too relaxed. Won 4-2 after going 1-0 down. We were awful & a better team would have buried us in the first 10 minutes.

I will be overjoyed with a 1 point win next week. We have to play well because they will. I guarantee that they will throw everything at us. It's going to be close & either team can win. Warrington are no mugs & we have to be aware of what they can bring

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Fridge View Post
    Not the same sport or the same level but we played a footy game today in wavertree. The other team warming up didn't look brilliant & we were too relaxed. Won 4-2 after going 1-0 down. We were awful & a better team would have buried us in the first 10 minutes.

I will be overjoyed with a 1 point win next week. We have to play well because they will. I guarantee that they will throw everything at us. It's going to be close & either team can win. Warrington are no mugs & we have to be aware of what they can bring
    I think a one point win will probably finish me off!!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Scouse Don's Avatar
    Blatherings on That Saints podcast.Back home in St.Helens and in the South stand for service

It's a cup final anything can happen our support is crucial.
    Learned comment from The Don

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

Ha ha ha. That's a fair shout

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Don View Post
    It's a cup final anything can happen our support is crucial.
    Spot on. Don't want a muted atmosphere like it is during internationals these days. We need to get behind the lads proper

Got A Season Ticket

The only team that will beat us next week is ourselves , if we go into the game with the wrong attitude we will come unstuck that's why price is playing mind games it's the only chance warrington have

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

I think a lot of what Price has said and will say is aimed at his own players. For them to win on Saturday, I think they have to go into it with a major underdog mentality where in the back of your mind you feel like every mistake, poor kick, poor chase etc will cost you a try. I've watched them a fair bit recently and I expect they'll try and replicate their semi final performance from last year where they essentially played in fear for 80 minutes, but they were able to drag us into a game of chess in the hope that we would struggle to deal with it and would make some uncharacteristic errors, which in the end we did. I don't think it's possible to properly play that way more than twice a season max and I think it takes a semi final or final to bring that performance out, there needs to be something on the line where there's a consequence to losing.

In reality, if they don't execute that game plan, we'll probably win and Warrington will know that.

Coote is massive for us IMO, particularly his kicking game. He's obviously shown some nice touches in attack this season as well but I think the main reason we signed him is because the coaches wanted someone to boss us round the field at Wembley and Old Trafford with their kicking game. If we can kick well and make them come out of their own end, I think they'll tire and struggle cope cope with it. We kicked really poorly in that semi-final last year and it just energised them every single time.
    Last edited by Tez the Saint; 18th August 2019 at 23:03.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Banned

Price needs to be careful overplaying the underdogs card. He’s actually going to end up putting more pressure on his team.

WARNING! WOLF FAN!

Wow. And all that without a post.
    I was only going come on and wish you all a great time down at Wembley.
    Plenty light hearted banter...but remember, win or lose, bragging rights or not...they'd be no winner without the effort of the losing finalists and their fans.
    Respect and class to our neighbours who ever wins.

Got A Season Ticket

Jog on you miserable slimey skid mark....Goodnight all.

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Thommo View Post
    Jog on you miserable slimey skid mark....Goodnight all.
    😂

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

And have Wire claiming a "moral victory" no doubt!

A one off final is 50/50, I'll be delighted if we win, but taking absolutely nothing for granted. In terms of Warrington's "injuries," I'd prefer Austin to be fit rather than Ratchford who I think is a much bigger threat. That said, and as others have mentioned, I hope it is two full strength teams facing each other.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk paulscnthorpe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warringtonsaint View Post
    That said, and as others have mentioned, I hope it is two full strength teams facing each other.
    I hope half of Crosfields under sevens turn out for them, I'm not bothered one bit about them being 100%

In The South Stand warringtonsaint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    I hope half of Crosfields under sevens turn out for them, I'm not bothered one bit about them being 100%
    I know where you're coming from - the winner's name on the cup doesn't include the team sheets.......I just don't want them to have any excuses should we win.

Crosfield's under 7 captain is almost certainly less immature than Hill too.........
    Last edited by warringtonsaint; 19th August 2019 at 10:22.
    "The great fallacy is that the game is first and last about winning. It is nothing of the kind. The game is about glory, it is about doing things in style and with a flourish, about going out and beating the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom." Danny Blanchflower.
    Might have been written by a footballer about football - but never a truer word............

Default Austin’s fit!

I’m expecting nothing other than a highly competitive and quite stressful game. Their squad has plenty of cup final experience and in Ratchford and Austin (whom I fully expect to play) they have players who can break a game open.

We have the stronger team and I think we should win, but that doesn’t guarantee anything.

Got A Season Ticket

going off form alone we should win. However, as soon as its 5 minutes before kickoff I know I will feel that it can go either way.