Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Austin’s fit!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In The South Stand The.Reverand's Avatar

Default Austin’s fit!

Jesus these guys should not play poker. At least we know where we stand, he’s playing end of.

If they’ve got Latrell Mitchell signed plus Billy Slater and Big Mal comes out of retirement, we’ll still slap ‘em.
    Can't stop the spirits when they need you.

This life is more than just a read through.

Got A Replica Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    If they’ve got Latrell Mitchell signed plus Billy Slater and Big Mal comes out of retirement, we’ll still slap ‘em.
    Oh dear!

Quote Originally Posted by The booze hound View Post
    Oh dear!
    Warrington played their game plan and they won, shadows of last years Semi’s in our boys not playing to their strengths and 3 big errors leading to Warrington scoring tries.

I could mention Knowles “try” or how many challenge cups and grand finals we’ve won but that would be churlish.

Well done to the Wire, they deserved their win.

We go again!

Default Austin’s fit!

Warrington played their game plan and they won, shadows of last years Semi’s in our boys not playing to their strengths and 3 big errors leading to Warrington scoring tries.

I could mention Knowles “try” or how many challenge cups and grand finals we’ve won but that would be churlish.

Well done to the Wire, they deserved their win.

We go again!
    Bonkers yes? Because it wasn’t even a question in your mind? Some people never learn. Maybe have some respect for other teams going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by The.Reverand View Post
    Bonkers yes? Because it wasn’t even a question in your mind? Some people never learn. Maybe have some respect for other teams going forward?
    I never in a million years thought we’d lose.

You live and learn.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk STIDDY's Avatar

Austin not playing really focussed their minds to stick to the one game plan, thought Chris Hill and his merry men were very disciplined not giving many penalties away. As for us our attacking shapes were very limited and that was all down to the Wires team, Wilkin got it right in saying the Warrington defence were seriously bending but not breaking.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by STIDDY View Post
    Austin not playing really focussed their minds to stick to the one game plan, thought Chris Hill and his merry men were very disciplined not giving many penalties away. As for us our attacking shapes were very limited and that was all down to the Wires team, Wilkin got it right in saying the Warrington defence were seriously bending but not breaking.
    20 errors. Could have Slater, Lockyer, Thurston, Smith and Fitler in a 17 and you’ll struggle in attack.

Thought the Makinson mistake was a big one in the corner. When you break a team like that in a final you have to score. He puts it down every other day of the week.

Too many mistakes as usual. Any sign of being under pressure and we panic and refuse to build any pressure of our own. Same every time.
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

In The South Stand

Just the same as Holbrook saying Coote,Big Al and the rest will be playing.

Quote Originally Posted by brook View Post
    Just the same as Holbrook saying Coote,Big Al and the rest will be playing.
    How’s that the same? Holbrook playing it down the line vs bullshit Warrington kind games.

In The South Stand

How’s that the same? Holbrook playing it down the line vs bullshit Warrington kind games.
    You used a poker analogy. Holbrook has shown all his cards. He could of just dodged the question.

We all know anyone of any influence on the game will be having pain killing injections ect.

Warrington will be playing Kind Games, giving us a generous win.

Stop worrying.......

Got A Season Ticket

Default worry wort

Warrington will be playing Kind Games, giving us a generous win.

Stop worrying.......
    Saints have had a barnstorming season------forget that--------a final is a new and different ball game------ complacency will kill us.

P.S. We are back in St Helens, at 71 years of age our last live Saints game is against Castleford on the 30th, with a Wembley win it will make it our best visit since we left 49 years ago, and what a double if the NRL Raiders can go all the way when we get back.

Learning All The Songs

I see Price is claiming we're the biggest favourites in Challenge Cup history and they're the biggest ever underdogs. Anyone would think we're playing Batley, they're obviously going for the 'everything is against us' approach with a squad crippled with injuries. Bless him.

Hopefully we ignore it all, keep schtum all week and do a professional job on them. Let the rugby do the talking.

Learning All The Songs St Willy's Avatar

I hope Wire field a full team. Dont want any excuses from them. Simply put, our 17 is fitter, faster and stronger.

I couldn't give a crap about rubberdxck head and that lot. Know nothing about rugby and just trying to stay relevant. Roll on Sainturday

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    RFL Championship / Super League (17) - 1931–32, 1952–53, 1958–59, 1965–66, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1974–75, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022

Challenge Cup (13) - 1955–56, 1960–61, 1965–66, 1971–72, 1975–76, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2021

World Club Challenge (3) - 2001, 2007, 2023

League Leader's Shield (9) - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2022

Default Austin’s fit!

I’m expecting nothing other than a highly competitive and quite stressful game. Their squad has plenty of cup final experience and in Ratchford and Austin (whom I fully expect to play) they have players who can break a game open.

We have the stronger team and I think we should win, but that doesn’t guarantee anything.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dux View Post
    I’m expecting nothing other than a highly competitive and quite stressful game. Their squad has plenty of cup final experience and in Ratchford and Austin (whom I fully expect to play) they have players who can break a game open.

We have the stronger team and I think we should win, but that doesn’t guarantee anything.

I'd like us to surge into an 18-point lead then keep them at arms' length - so I can enjoy the game! As Mr Scnthorpe says, I couldn't give a toss if half their players are missing and they whinge out their excuses for the rest of the season. We're so far ahead in the league, I don't think anyone doubts we'd likely beat their first 13 anyway. And it's vital we get that silverware monkey off our backs more than anything. If we do, I think we'll go onto great things with this team.

But, like you, I expect a tight match. Just hope we don't go into our shell, then have individuals trying to spark us into life by going solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    I'd like us to surge into an 18-point lead then keep them at arms' length - so I can enjoy the game! As Mr Scnthorpe says, I couldn't give a toss if half their players are missing and they whinge out their excuses for the rest of the season. We're so far ahead in the league, I don't think anyone doubts we'd likely beat their first 13 anyway. And it's vital we get that silverware monkey off our backs more than anything. If we do, I think we'll go onto great things with this team.

But, like you, I expect a tight match. Just hope we don't go into our shell, then have individuals trying to spark us into life by going solo.
    This is what is nagging at me more than anything else. The fact is that since 2008 our performances in the biggest of games (with one exception under unusual circumstances) have been abysmal.

That last bit is right, too. It's a really difficult balance to strike in a final. You have to find just the right level of patience — the sweet spot between overplaying and shutting up shop — and you have to do it under far more pressure than usual. With Coote calling the shots we're in a much better position to get that right than we were last year, though.

Ratchford wasn’t in the semi final squad yet played at Bolton so they do have history with this.

In The South Stand Tez the Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Ratchford wasn’t in the semi final squad yet played at Bolton so they do have history with this.
    I think we’ve done it a few times this year haven’t we?
    Steve Prescott MBE (1973-2013)
    V

Learning All The Songs Blue Harvest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tez the Saint View Post
    I think we’ve done it a few times this year haven’t we?
    Yeah but that was babies being born and sickness with youngsters draughted in wasn't it?

I'd say the 19 man squad for a final is pointless as it should be the coach/club's choice who is featured. It's not like teams are going to field a team of kids in a showpiece final (unlike Bradford on an Easter Monday).

For what it's worth I'd expect all the players that have sat out the past few weeks, for both teams, to feature.

In The South Stand

Isn’t the point of a nineteen man squad to have remaining players available for selection in case of any injuries? Unless there’s three injuries in the space of 48 hours, which is unlikely, should teams not be forced to go with what they’ve named?
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club

Learning All The Songs

Hopefully when they fitted Lomax's suit this week they made an extra large pocket to put Austin in for the third time this year. I wonder who will have to come up with a mysterious last minute injury to give up their Wembley dream for him

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Buddy's Avatar

Apparently they've banned the media from their final training session. Silly games from a small time club.

Personally I hope he plays and we still kick their arses

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In The South Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Apparently they've banned the media from their final training session. Silly games from a small time club.

Personally I hope he plays and we still kick their arses

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Poor when you consider it’s traditional.

Personally think we’ll see Austin now. Makes a mockery of naming a nineteen if you can just change it at the drop of a hat.
    St Helens Rugby League Football Club