Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner

Thread: One of the best wins!

Got A Season Ticket

Default One of the best wins!

According to Derek Traynor, last nights under 19's win over Leeds, was "one of the best wins we have ever had as an Academy".

Small squad due to injuries and suspensions. Only had 16 fit players and we played the last 20 minutes with only one sub.

The final score was 32 - 12. Unbelievable effort from the lads. By my count, we had at least 8 players who are 'first year' acadamy players.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by saint87 View Post
    According to Derek Traynor, last nights under 19's win over Leeds, was "one of the best wins we have ever had as an Academy".

Small squad due to injuries and suspensions. Only had 16 fit players and we played the last 20 minutes with only one sub.

The final score was 32 - 12. Unbelievable effort from the lads. By my count, we had at least 8 players who are 'first year' acadamy players.
    A superb win. Hadn't Leeds beaten us twice already this season?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post
    A superb win. Hadn't Leeds beaten us twice already this season?
    Not sure. I can only recall us playing them once this season (before last night). I think they beat us at our place with a similar scoreline. And we had a far stronger team out in that game, including a certain Jack Welsby!

Learning All The Songs

Derek Traynor is fantastic at what he does, the number of Academy players making close to a seamless step up to the first team squad and contributing well is testament to the quality of job he does, it is a massive part of the success of the first team that we have the number of homegrown players in the squad where the shirt means a great deal to them.

WARNING! PIE EATER!

That was an excellent win for Saints, one which will almost certainly give them 2nd place and a home tie v Leeds in the semi final.

In The North Stand With All The Old Folk Belgian Saint's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsepho View Post
    Derek Traynor is fantastic at what he does, the number of Academy players making close to a seamless step up to the first team squad and contributing well is testament to the quality of job he does, it is a massive part of the success of the first team that we have the number of homegrown players in the squad where the shirt means a great deal to them.
    Traynor deserves any praise he gets. I think once we have Reserves up and running and the whole club playing to the same system we can only get better. Just hope our new coach is happy with the system we have.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Traynor deserves any praise he gets. I think once we have Reserves up and running and the whole club playing to the same system we can only get better. Just hope our new coach is happy with the system we have.
    Can we think about a coach that fits our system rather than our system fitting the coach, works far better for us in the long run.

Can we think about a coach that fits our system rather than our system fitting the coach, works far better for us in the long run.
    You've got me a bit confused. What I don't want to see his a coach that comes in and changes our system.

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    You've got me a bit confused. What I don't want to see his a coach that comes in and changes our system.
    You said ‘just hope our new coach is happy with what we have’, what if he isnt, in my eyes if he isnt happy with our academy system he is the wrong coach. I think our academy and pathway in to the first team squad is second to none and something that our new coach should be using to the best of their ability not shying away from it, which they could do.

You said ‘just hope our new coach is happy with what we have’, what if he isnt, in my eyes if he isnt happy with our academy system he is the wrong coach. I think our academy and pathway in to the first team squad is second to none and something that our new coach should be using to the best of their ability not shying away from it, which they could do.
    It was the wording "rather than our system fitting the coach" I hope our system does fit the new coach, rather than have a coach that changes it. I think that we both want the same thing.

Starting A Programme Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    That was an excellent win for Saints, one which will almost certainly give them 2nd place and a home tie v Leeds in the semi final.
    I arrived on the terracing as Leeds were attacking 20yds out only to see them have a miss pass I tercepted by our right winger and go75 yds for the try. Great feeling that.

I only watched part of the game but was very impressed with the 7, seemed to have all the time in the world to display his skills. Pre match Robbie burrow stated he was the one to watch

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    I only watched part of the game but was very impressed with the 7, seemed to have all the time in the world to display his skills. Pre match Robbie burrow stated he was the one to watch
    That would be Lewis Dodd, who was one of the most sought after players of his age group.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    That would be Lewis Dodd, who was one of the most sought after players of his age group.

That's correct Rogues, my ageing memory failed me once again

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Quote Originally Posted by 58er View Post
    That's correct Rogues, my ageing memory failed me once again
    I know that feeling very well

Learning All The Songs

These under 19 teams coming from a core 5 or 6 clubs S. L. clubs seem to form the basis of the supply chain to most professional and semi professional R.L teams