Chapel House Motor Company Limited Advertising Banner
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odsal Stadium

Learning All The Songs

Quote Originally Posted by Webbo Again View Post

Atrocious club management and short-termism has done for another club.
    To be fair we were close to it ourselves Webbo, without EM`s business plan we would not exist.
    In his book Joynty said for one Wenbley final all they got was a button hole flower for their club suits. Mind you they probably could not afford the likes of new suits like the lads were seen trying on this week, the winning bonuses back then were more than a years wage for the club staff. Paul Newlove allegedly close to extortion.

Learning All The Songs

I know a Bradford fan. I spoke to him last week, and plans are afoot to build a new stadium in the South end of Bradford, not too far away from Odsal, Not sure just how far these plans are advanced though.

Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    I know a Bradford fan. I spoke to him last week, and plans are afoot to build a new stadium in the South end of Bradford, not too far away from Odsal, Not sure just how far these plans are advanced though.
    Probably at the same stage as the mythical new stadia for Castleford and Wakefield.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by saintgeorge View Post
    Probably at the same stage as the mythical new stadia for Castleford and Wakefield.
    They could all club together and play at Odsal.

Got A Season Ticket

not sure how to put a link up but if you google AXIOM thats where the new cas ground is hopefully going to be built ,i think they need a trigger point of so many stores signed up to the project before they will start building not sure how close they are to that point at this moment in time

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    not sure how to put a link up but if you google AXIOM thats where the new cas ground is hopefully going to be built ,i think they need a trigger point of so many stores signed up to the project before they will start building not sure how close they are to that point at this moment in time

Yeah, not really the economic environment for that, is it?

Got A Season Ticket

no mate i think thats the problem either keep going and try to get it done or pull the plug and lose all the money theve invested so far ,i think given a different economic situation it would have been built all ready

WARNING! PIE EATER!

Its a shame really. Odsal is an ideal location, close to the motorway, a huge piece of land etc and could be a great multi purpose venue but I guess the costs to redevelop it would be 100's of £million. My second ever final was there in 1960 with over 83,000 in attendance, happy days.

Perhaps Wigan could buy it??? They like long distance home games don't they?

Got A Season Ticket

Remember the headline, Rogues? "It's a Boston tea-party"?

Got A Season Ticket

Quote Originally Posted by Rogues Gallery View Post
    Its a shame really. Odsal is an ideal location, close to the motorway, a huge piece of land etc and could be a great multi purpose venue but I guess the costs to redevelop it would be 100's of £million. My second ever final was there in 1960 with over 83,000 in attendance, happy days.
    For the long term it might be better if it were closer to a railway station.