Hattons Solicitors Banner
Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: Odsal Stadium

  1. #1
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    861
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Odsal Stadium

    Looks like Bradford are moving away from the hole in the ground stadium and playing at Dewsbury.

    Sad day for Bradford again, But good news for the R.L who own the ground can now earn a fortune using it as a land fill.

  2. #2
    In The South Stand
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    near leigh
    Posts
    2,514
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    It should have been developed as an alternative for major events years ago ,oh hang on its in the north of England though .

  3. #3
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    861
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Don't know why Valley Parade can't be used? Maybe to much rent?

  4. #4
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    696
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Looks like Bradford are moving away from the hole in the ground stadium and playing at Dewsbury.

    Sad day for Bradford again, But good news for the R.L who own the ground can now earn a fortune using it as a land fill.
    cynical but true.

  5. #5
    Got A Season Ticket
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    castleford
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    2

    Default

    my guess would be the owner is trying to force the rugby league to pay for improvements to odsal or he will move the team out of bradford

  6. #6
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    my guess would be the owner is trying to force the rugby league to pay for improvements to odsal or he will move the team out of bradford

    Yep, smells of blackmail to me. Didn't rfl buy ideal to help Bradford? For the bulls to then blackmail them out of order

  7. #7
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Maghull
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rommel View Post
    Looks like Bradford are moving away from the hole in the ground stadium and playing at Dewsbury.

    Sad day for Bradford again, But good news for the R.L who own the ground can now earn a fortune using it as a land fill.
    The RFL do not own the ground, which is owned by Bradford City Council. However, the RFL does own the lease. I'm sure Bradford City Council would love to knock it down for housing.

  8. #8
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,451
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Ged View Post
    It should have been developed as an alternative for major events years ago ,oh hang on its in the north of England though .
    Bradford asked for money to develop it as an Olympic legacy stadium. The money they requested went to that great southern city Sheffield.

  9. #9
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    408
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steve17 View Post
    my guess would be the owner is trying to force the rugby league to pay for improvements to odsal or he will move the team out of bradford
    I've heard the same. Surely Bradford Park Avenues ground would be a better choice short term, I had a look earlier, it holds 3500 so would be close to being full every week and is actually in the city fairly close to Odsal, there also looks to be scope to raise the capacity if needed. Just another instance of RFL incompetence in my eyes and not holding (Yorkshire) clubs to task over there dump grounds.

  10. #10
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    408
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belgian Saint View Post
    Bradford asked for money to develop it as an Olympic legacy stadium. The money they requested went to that great southern city Sheffield.
    Who's council closed Don Valley and the rugby team play at somewhere similar to Ruskin Drive.

  11. #11
    In The West Stand Belgian Saint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    5,451
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Who's council closed Don Valley and the rugby team play at somewhere similar to Ruskin Drive.
    The money went to Sheffield after Don Valley had been demolished. I think it went to the Athletics centre. but not 100% on that one.

  12. #12
    Starting A Programme Collection
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    590
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Rugby League in the UK is a!most dead!

    The ground that held a record crowd for a final gone from the RL world��

  13. #13
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Maghull
    Posts
    1,062
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Yes, bit it's not changed much in the intervening 65 years.

  14. #14
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Stood at the back of Stand B in Knowsley Road
    Posts
    1,039
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maghullsaint View Post
    Yes, bit it's not changed much in the intervening 65 years.
    Agree I first went there in1961 for a cup semi final, it wasn't up to much then.

    It's too big for most normal rugby matches even at Super League and the fans are a long way from the pitch.
    Hopefully Bradford can build themselves a modern stadium more suited to the purpose, as long as they don't make the mistake of moving too far from their fanbase

  15. #15
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,441
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WidnesExile View Post
    Rugby League in the UK is a!most dead!

    The ground that held a record crowd for a final gone from the RL world��
    The ground has hardly changed since that record attendance and that's a huge part of the problem. It's still an open hole in the ground.

  16. #16
    In The West Stand paulscnthorpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    St Helens
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,414
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    Who's council closed Don Valley and the rugby team play at somewhere similar to Ruskin Drive.
    They're back at the Olympic Legacy stadium now aren't they

  17. #17
    Got A Season Ticket Angry Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    408
    Rep Power
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulscnthorpe View Post
    They're back at the Olympic Legacy stadium now aren't they
    That's what it's called but it can hardly be called a stadium.

  18. #18
    Moderator Div's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sintellins
    Posts
    10,850
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Shithole let's be honest.
    Had one too many soakings there.
    Robbed Keighley Cougars business plan which worked for their 15 minutes of fame.
    Couldn't beat The S when it mattered.

  19. #19
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Rainhill
    Age
    71
    Posts
    2,024
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    It can't get much worse. The Bradford club will totally lose its identity

  20. #20
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,064
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Dave View Post
    That's what it's called but it can hardly be called a stadium.
    Still building it aren't they? Thought it was only due to be finished next summer. To be fair, Ruskin drive probably isn't far behind a couple of SL 'stadia' too

  21. #21
    Learning All The Songs
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Private Pyle View Post
    Still building it aren't they? Thought it was only due to be finished next summer. To be fair, Ruskin drive probably isn't far behind a couple of SL 'stadia' too

    Well behind, doesn't have stands or capacity, you simply stand around the pitch

    It's nice and purpose built for amateur local sport, but not a professional stadium

  22. #22
    Learning All The Songs bewareshadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert80 View Post
    It can't get much worse. The Bradford club will totally lose its identity
    Why?

    Wigan didn't when they moved. We didn't when we played at Widnes. Warrington didn't. Hull didn't.

    Places have their time and clubs need to move on.
    Odsal is a hole that would suck money out of any club.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •